Batterie Eeprom

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

sauron_le_noir

Batterie Eeprom

Post by sauron_le_noir »

if we put a serial of 0x0xFFFFFFFF to the battery eeprom it put the psp in service mode
but how can we retrieve back the original serial of the battery ???
i have read on some forum that if we put 0x00000000 or 0x12345678 to it in return
to normal but i want to retrieve the original serial.

The pandora installer of hellcat restore the original serial
can someone explain how he can perform this ? or is the serial 0x90ca0815 a dummy one like 0x12345678 ?

Thx
Draan

Post by Draan »

The orginal serial can be restored only when you have an eeprom dump. There is no other way.

Hellcat is putting dummy one, too (but you can restore your orginal from dump too, of course). I think he just hardocode it in his app, but this is no problem to generate a random serial.

A simple question: why do you want to have ORGINAL serial? Anything which is not 0xFFFFFFF (Service) and serial which I don't know (autoboot) works like normal battery.
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

I was just intrigued by the fact that the normalize value was not 0 i have tested it against a phat and a slim a yes it is a dummy value because i put e eeprom serial 0 and then i normalized it with hellcat utility and it write the same dummy id again.

Another question regarding the pandora battery. The psp has hardware to write to the eeprom if the motherboard is < ta88v2 ok no problem with this but are new sony official battery protected against read/write of the serial or are they still writable if you got
the good motherboard ?
Draan

Post by Draan »

Sony has modified batteries and motherboards.
phobox

Post by phobox »

serial 0x00000000 means autoboot (the psp is turned on when you insert your battery)
seriale 0xFFFFFFFF means service mode.

Any other serial makes the battery behave normally
Ciao! from Italy