Development on a mac

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

TechXero

Development on a mac

Post by TechXero »

I know I'll probably get flamed for this, anyway I have been doing a lot of my work on a iBook G4 1.33Ghz model running Mac OSX 10.4.11. I have limited time on the internet and I haven't been able to find a PSP SDK or PSPtoolchain that works with my OS or my CPU (I'm using PPC). I'm just trying to ask if anyone A. has a PSP SDK or psptoolchain compiled for use on my OS with my CPU or B. someone can direct me to a guide for compiling it specifically on my OS and CPU. If nobody can help me either one of those ways then please just give me the current SVN to the PSP SDK and toolchain, I've tried a couple of links that I found for the SVNs but they were both outdated. I'm intending on getting an Intel mac with in the next year but for now this is what I'm using.

EDIT: I found both of the SVNs but I'm still not sure how to compile them to work on my mac.
PC: iBook G4 (2005) 1.33Ghz PPC CPU, 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM, 80 GB HDD, OS Mac OSX 10.4.11
PSP: Slim CFW 5.00M33-6 with IRShell 5.0
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I haven't used the toolchain on a ppc mac, but it should work. The script itself may have some problems with osx, but nothing ppc-specific as far as I can tell.

To grab the latest source, use:

svn checkout svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/trunk/psptoolchain
svn checkout svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/trunk/psplibraries

Make sure you have xcode installed, it installs gcc and other tools you need to build the cross-compiling toolchain.
a_noob

Post by a_noob »

Give me a little while, I have it all built on my laptop, ill upload it soon for you. Old powerbook 15" ppc, it should work like a charm.

Code: Select all

.øOº'ºOø.
'ºOo.oOº'
TechXero

Post by TechXero »

a_noob wrote:Give me a little while, I have it all built on my laptop, ill upload it soon for you. Old powerbook 15" ppc, it should work like a charm.
Ok, that would be great, the main reason why I want those is cause I'm starting to work on porting SMW and Armagetron Advance to PSP, I also would like to help with the DX64 project but my knowledge in C++ is still limited.
PC: iBook G4 (2005) 1.33Ghz PPC CPU, 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM, 80 GB HDD, OS Mac OSX 10.4.11
a_noob

Post by a_noob »

Armagetron Advanced is wayy too bloated and poorly coded to run properly on the psp, you would need to do alot more than just port, you would need to rework a lot of the main systems for it to run at a decent speed. And thats a funny overlap as I was just asked to help on dx64 :P Ill get you the sdk asap, I left my laptop at work so Ill have it in a matter of a few hours.

.øOº'ºOø.
'ºOo.oOº'
a_noob

Post by a_noob »

.øOº'ºOø.
'ºOo.oOº'
TechXero

Post by TechXero »

ok thanks, that's great, I'll put it in my SDK folder for Xcode right away
a_noob

Post by a_noob »

heh, not quite. put it in /usr/local/ and then add the proper paths to your bash shell ;)

.øOº'ºOø.
'ºOo.oOº'
TechXero

Post by TechXero »

Ok thanks, I won't be doing the SMW port like I was going to nor the Armagetron but I'll still try to help with DX64.

I'm going to be doing some homebrew work though on the iPhone though.