PSPLink + 3000

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

victorprosa

PSPLink + 3000

Post by victorprosa »

Hello!

I am currently trying to understand some of PSP OS routines, and due to that i started using PSPLink...
Due to a hardware problem, my PSP 1000 is no longer working, and i must use my 3000 for it, but as soon as the hen relies on ram, when i give a "reset vsh" command, i lost the hen...

Is there any other alternative to reach XMB from PSPLink?
a_noob

Post by a_noob »

you will realize, that if your 1000 worked still and you launched the vsh from psplink that it would crash or error out when trying to launch a homebrew from the vsh game menu, logically this is pointless as well. Psplink and vsh should work fine with your hen'd 3000. So, really if you require further assistance you should provide more info as to what you are trying to acheive rather than just a generic problem, as a work around would be hard to create for a generic problem. However if we have a specific scenario it is easier to pinpoint the problems.

Code: Select all

.øOº'ºOø.
'ºOo.oOº'
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

Well I think his issue is exactly what he said it was: he types "reset vsh" and at that point he loses the HEN.
he didn't mention anything regarding launching a homebrew...
a_noob

Post by a_noob »

That makes no sense, as psplink will still be loaded, so maintaining HEN is not a problem. Using psplink to begin you should pretty much kiss goodbye that hen stays in memory. So, I do not get what the problem is.

Code: Select all

.øOº'ºOø.
'ºOo.oOº'
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

Hmm, you're right.
I'll give it a try myself. I had no issues running psplink on the 3000, but never tried to actually call reset vsh
victorprosa

Post by victorprosa »

Well, I am trying to study some 1-seg audio routines, due to that, i must access XMB with PSP Link enabled (1seg runs in VSH mode, and relies on some nids from vshmain.prx).
As soon as my PSP is american, I must use Fake-region to reach the "app" itself...

When I type "reset vsh" in order to load vshmain.prx, the VSH is imediately loaded, without hen and CFWE functions, and I suspect that even PSPLink is not working anymore...

Is there anyway to work it out, like not reseting the VSH?

And Yes, i've tried to load oneseg_launcher_plugin.prx directly, but due to those missing nids, i just recieve a black screen...