what version of psplink to use?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

punto

what version of psplink to use?

Post by punto »

Hi..

I have 2 PSPs, one slim, one fat, both with "system software 3.90 M33-3". I downloaded psplink_v2.0, and copied the contents of "v1.5" to PSP/GAME150/, and it doesn't work, I get errors like "The game could not be started (80020148)" (the error code changes every time I try something different tho). I also tried using "v1.5_nocorrupt", I get a similar error, or sometimes it shows up with the "data corrupt" icon on the PSP. Which version should I use?

I know I can run homebrew and ISOs on these psps, but I didn't patch them so I don't know the details.. Is there a way to find out?

Also, I read that psplink needs "kernel mode", but is that required for all its features? Is there something that simply copies my binary (over the network or usb) and launches it? I have my own library to do file i/o over the network.

Thanks.
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

You should use the latest version PSPLink 3 OE.
The version (compiled for Windows) I use is integrated in Heimdall's Minpspw http://minpspw.sourceforge.net/

But you can also use the one from the SVN and compile it, I guess.

You should upgrade your PSPs to a more recent CFW, and stop using old 1.50 applications, by the way.
punto

Post by punto »

thanks.. psplinkusb works, I can run it and connect with the shell, but when I try to run any .elf file I get error 0x80020148 on the psp shell. I looked around, and it seems like it can only load PRX files, but when I try to build a PRX I get this

# make cube.prx
psp-prxgen cube.elf cube.prx
Error, found no relocation sections

I'm getting the same error on all the demos from the psp sdk.. I thought any .elf could be turned into .prx.. any ideas?
Draan

Post by Draan »

Add BUILD_PRX=1 to your makefile. It'll give you a prx