Help for create a prx

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jakbest

Help for create a prx

Post by jakbest »

Hi, I'm jacopo I'm new in this forum and I am an italian.
Now I study the MIPS r4000 for decompiling prx for create my cfw PSL (if there is another method for create a cfw, can u explain it to me?) I want to create an xmb in game with a vlf i have some images of my project:
and now i would like an advice to how can i create it? with the decompiling of impose prx or with a plugin? now for the 2nd option i don't know how to create a plugin which start with the press of home button and stop with home. Can i replace the "Setup callbacks"? Thanks for all answer there are very important for me!

P.S.: possible no abbrevation, thanks.
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

Use vlf lib. it creates the Vsh Look and Feel.

http://dl.qj.net/VLF-Library-1.0-PSP-De ... /catid/202

You want to create CFW?
Do actually know what CFW means since there are only a few people in the world who are able to create a CFW?

You have to use kernel mode if you want to capture the home button.

PS. please use correct english... it's kinda hard to understand.

Code: Select all

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}
Draan

Post by Draan »

If you want to make a CFW, look into dark alex's 1.50 cfw Proof of Concept. It's the basics.
jakbest

Post by jakbest »

me wrote:i create the xmb in game with the decompiling of impose prx or with a plugin?
jojojoris wrote:Use vlf lib. it creates the Vsh Look and Feel.

http://dl.qj.net/VLF-Library-1.0-PSP-De ... /catid/202

You want to create CFW?
Do actually know what CFW means since there are only a few people in the world who are able to create a CFW?

You have to use kernel mode if you want to capture the home button.

PS. please use correct english... it's kinda hard to understand.
i'm already use vlf and the study of a language to make a cfw is not a problem for me it's a experience, and sorry for my bad english because for the word who i don't know i translate it with a dictionary online, but if i wont to create a prx what is the structure for module_start, module_stop, app_main...?
Torch

Post by Torch »

Maybe Ahman can help you with loading your modules into the upper 32MiB of the Slim so you don't eat into any unallocated free space in the lower 32MiB, like he's done in IRShell when multitasking.

Getting the Sony XMB modules to load this way might be too difficult. If you code the interface and functions your self then it shouldn't be very hard. Just unregister the exit handler and detect the home button.
jakbest

Post by jakbest »

Torch wrote:Maybe Ahman can help you with loading your modules into the upper 32MiB of the Slim so you don't eat into any unallocated free space in the lower 32MiB, like he's done in IRShell when multitasking.

Getting the Sony XMB modules to load this way might be too difficult. If you code the interface and functions your self then it shouldn't be very hard. Just unregister the exit handler and detect the home button.
but what is it the structure of a prx (not a system prx)
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yapspd/psp_d ... ml#sec26.2

You should also check documentation about ELF format.
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.