Make working recovery thread?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Draan

Make working recovery thread?

Post by Draan »

I want to make own recovery.prx. I was looking in 3.10 OE sources, and here recovery is just a game (with int main() ) build into PRX. I've tried this on 5.00 M33 but my flashed module doesn't start with R holded. It just take some more time to load XMB. When I put my prx in seplugins, I can see the my test text! But it stays for less than 1 second and XMB is loading. Then I have 2 threads running - I see the XMB but buttons are responding in "recovery"...

How to make a working prx?
whistler

Re: Make working recovery thread?

Post by whistler »

Draan wrote:I want to make own recovery.prx. I was looking in 3.10 OE sources, and here recovery is just a game (with int main() ) build into PRX. I've tried this on 5.00 M33 but my flashed module doesn't start with R holded. It just take some more time to load XMB. When I put my prx in seplugins, I can see the my test text! But it stays for less than 1 second and XMB is loading. Then I have 2 threads running - I see the XMB but buttons are responding in "recovery"...

How to make a working prx?
have you tried compiling the one from the leaked sources and trying that on 500m33. Theres may have been changes in how recovery works but that'd be your best bet then you could work through moonlights code and makefile to see how it all works

btw you do know that moonlight now gzips his prxs with a custom header so even if it doesn't work try the packer from the 401sdk. In fact i think he may have been doing this gzipping from around 310, something about 0okm and recovery menus has just popped into my 2am sleep deprived brain, lol

if all else fails post code and a makefile
Torch

Post by Torch »

Your doing something wrong. Recovery.prx can be replaced with any ordinary user mode/VSH mode PRX. It will not run if its a kernel module.
Draan

Post by Draan »

PSP Packer is outdated I think.

In PRX Decrypter by jas0nuk, m33 modules are compressed with M33 GZ.

My prx compressed by this tool is recognized as sigchecked (~PSP) and with unknown header (0xDADADADA)

YES! My module was kernel mode! Fixed and now working!
Thanks Torch!

My dream is making a OpenSource CFW (maybe 5.00) which anyone can modify...

My idea is putting vsh menu into System Settings, like Bubbletune's Game Categories.

But I'm just a little above the total noob in programming. I think I'll fail, but maybe I can learn something :)

When I use function sceKernelExitVSHVSH(NULL); the recovery doesn't run anymore. It cannot be used in VSH mode?
Ceikor

Post by Ceikor »

Draan

Post by Draan »

This won't work if you have broken RCO's, keep this in mind!
moonblood

Post by moonblood »

Draan wrote:This won't work if you have broken RCO's, keep this in mind!
This Recover-Menu in VLF is already releaset :P
"It was a dark, cold night. The moon shines bright and while admire it fade to blood-red. So the night was fulfilled of the bloody death..."