Clearing the ram

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

PsPfReAK

Clearing the ram

Post by PsPfReAK »

Is there anyway to clear the memory during an homebrew, i think my app is using up all the ram and keeps crashing so i think need to empty it. is there any way?
thanks

btw: my code involves alot of blitting images and using pspdebugscreenclear to clear the screen. thanks
slasher2661996

Post by slasher2661996 »

Clearing the screen doesn't clear the image used.

Code: Select all

free()
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

If you look around in some source codes, you might find a ram.h and a ram.c . It should support for getting the ram memory and clearing the ram.
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
Wally

Post by Wally »

Dariusc123456 wrote:If you look around in some source codes, you might find a ram.h and a ram.c . It should support for getting the ram memory and clearing the ram.
What sort of advice is this... *shakes head*
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Wally wrote:
Dariusc123456 wrote:If you look around in some source codes, you might find a ram.h and a ram.c . It should support for getting the ram memory and clearing the ram.
What sort of advice is this... *shakes head*
It's dariusc advice, which is along the lines of "I don't know anything about the question, but feel I should make a random comment anyway"
Torch

Re: Clearing the ram

Post by Torch »

PsPfReAK wrote:Is there anyway to clear the memory during an homebrew, i think my app is using up all the ram and keeps crashing so i think need to empty it. is there any way?
thanks

btw: my code involves alot of blitting images and using pspdebugscreenclear to clear the screen. thanks
If you are malloc()'ing yourself then use free() when you are done. If you are using graphics.c from LUAplayer then it has corresponding free functions for its image loading functions.