Connecting Adhoc to the pc from psp

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dariusc123456

Connecting Adhoc to the pc from psp

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Is there anyway to send and receive data via adhoc for both the psp and pc?
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
jojojoris

Re: Connecting Adhoc to the pc from psp

Post by jojojoris »

Dariusc123456 wrote:Is there anyway to send and receive data via adhoc for both the psp and pc?
It is not possible to use adhoc to connect a psp and a pc.

You can do it using a acces point.

Code: Select all

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Why cant it? What things does it need? I heard that 1.00 and 1.50 network modules can access the computer via adhoc for network connection, and usage for nethost. Thats why I came to ask.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

I heard that is was not possible because we don't know how the psp sends data.

And nethostfs uses an access point.

Code: Select all

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}
slasher2661996

Post by slasher2661996 »

why can't you find out?

can't that be reverse engineered?
zydeoN

Post by zydeoN »

Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Its possible to send data to the computer. We might need to learn about the raw socket programming for the psp (if its possible that way), but is there away to trick the psp into connecting to a adhoc network for the pc? Every wireless source and send and receive packets/data from somewhere.

slasher2661996, yes we can reverse enginner it, but the problem what to find in the code that can be use. Sony wants to hide there code, while we want to find it. Thats explains the randomize nids.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
slasher2661996

Post by slasher2661996 »

why can't they just cooperate -.-
Torch

Post by Torch »

Adhoc is a vague term. On the PC (on Windows actually) when Adhoc is used the computers negotiate IPs among themselves and communicate using normal TCP/IP or whatever protocol you want, which is transparent to the upper layers.

On the PSP they communicate directly via MACs or something IIRC.

Rather than having an app on the PSP side, its probably easier to have an app on the PC side that communicates with the PSP using adhoc directly (if anyone ever documents the stuff). You can forget about connecting it to the whole network though.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Torch wrote:Adhoc is a vague term. On the PC (on Windows actually) when Adhoc is used the computers negotiate IPs among themselves and communicate using normal TCP/IP or whatever protocol you want, which is transparent to the upper layers.

On the PSP they communicate directly via MACs or something IIRC.

Rather than having an app on the PSP side, its probably easier to have an app on the PC side that communicates with the PSP using adhoc directly (if anyone ever documents the stuff). You can forget about connecting it to the whole network though.
So if I setup a program on the PC side, it might be possible to send and receive data from the psp via adhoc, or vise versa?
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
Torch

Post by Torch »

Dariusc123456 wrote:So if I setup a program on the PC side, it might be possible to send and receive data from the psp via adhoc, or vise versa?
Theoretically yes. But I have no idea how the Adhoc works between PSPs. You'd have to deal with the PCs network adapter directly at a low level like they do in X-Link Kai to emulate another PSP in Adhoc.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Its still a bit confusing because if the pc can see the psp adhoc ssid, then it should be able to send and receive data unless the adhoc packets are formatted for psp's only (which in this case, thats where X-Link Kai to emulate that psp packet)
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
Torch

Post by Torch »

Dariusc123456 wrote:Its still a bit confusing because if the pc can see the psp adhoc ssid, then it should be able to send and receive data unless the adhoc packets are formatted for psp's only (which in this case, thats where X-Link Kai to emulate that psp packet)
The primary hinderance is that its not natively supported by any OS.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

So the only way to fool the PSP is to send "fake" packets. I already know that the psp shouldnt really be use for PC. Ill look on google and come back if I have more questions. Thanks Touch

EDIT:

I think I found something that might be useful (well, on the PC side)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ad ... _protocols
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
Torch

Post by Torch »

Note that if your goal is simply to use the PSP and PC without an Access Point, then that is possible with the PSP in Infrastructure Mode with the PC alone in Adhoc mode. I don't have details at hand though. (No NOT by configuring the WiFi adapter in AP mode, this is different)
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

When you get the information, can you let me know how todo so?
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
sainthout

Post by sainthout »

I am trying this too.
I found out that de PSP's multiplayer adhoc works the same as the PC's adhoc (unlike the DS which uses a modified version of 802.11).

You can try it with a PSP and your wireless card:
Start a multiplayer session on your PSP using a game like Need for Speed.
When the wlan led of your PSP starts to flash, let your PC search for wireless networks.
A network named PSP_ULUSxxxxx (or something like that) will show up.
Connect to it and run a network sniffer like Wireshark (open source) or Microsoft Network Monitor 3.3 (freeware you can download at Microsoft.com).
You will see that the PSP sends raw ethernet\802.11 packages. It doesn't use TCPIP, but it uses some Sony protocol.

The PSP sends a packet every second with only your nickname in it.
Packages with other data are encrypted... I found no way yet to decrypt those...

Another thing you should try:
Download Adhoc Messenger 0.5 (no other versions, this one is the most simple one).
It's a homebrew so PSP users can chat using Adhoc.
Again, run it on your PSP and connect to it with your PC and run Wireshark or something.
If you send a message with your PSP, you will see some scrambled data appearing in your network sniffer.
If you send the same message again, the scrambled data is different!
Strange...

Once (only in FW 1.5 I think) there was a bug in de wifi driver which let users connect to an Adhoc network using the Infrastructure mode.
This doesn't work anymore. Irshell still has a way to do it, but you'll have to copy some FW 1.0 en FW 1.5 modules to your Memory Stick for it to work.
Producted

Post by Producted »

It'd be cool if you managed to find out how it works, but I can't thing of any possible use with it?!
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

I decided no cancel this project til a later time. I am very busy with many other things.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
sainthout

Post by sainthout »

The only thing we have to know is how those Multiplayer packages are encypted.
They are probably encrypted by the PSP's encryption processor (Kirk).

But how? AES maybe? I don't know anything about encryption.
Torch

Post by Torch »

Put an end to it. No one who is capable of figuring this out is going to make an effort any more. I'm guessing the encryption key is in the IDStorage similar to the UMD sector key's decryption key.