Compilation error during toolchain build

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

yuminanako

Compilation error during toolchain build

Post by yuminanako »

I've checked out revision 2468 of psptoolchain and pspsdk from the SVN

I get an error when toolchain.sh reaches 002-gcc-4.3.2-stage1.sh.

Code: Select all

echo timestamp > stmp-fixproto
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/src/pspsdk-build/build/gcc-4.3.2/build-psp/gcc'
Checking multilib configuration for libgcc...
mkdir -p -- psp/libgcc
Configuring in psp/libgcc
configure: creating cache ./config.cache
checking for --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs... no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... mipsallegrexel-psp-elf
checking for psp-ar... /home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/pkg/usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/ar
checking for psp-lipo... psp-lipo
checking for psp-nm... /home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/src/pspsdk-build/build/gcc-4.3.2/build-psp/./gcc/nm
checking for psp-ranlib... /home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/pkg/usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/ranlib
checking for psp-strip... /home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/pkg/usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/strip
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for psp-gcc... /home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/src/pspsdk-build/build/gcc-4.3.2/build-psp/./gcc/xgcc -B/home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/src/pspsdk-build/build/gcc-4.3.2/build-psp/./gcc/ -B/home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/pkg/usr/local/pspdev/psp/bin/ -B/home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/pkg/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/ -isystem /home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/pkg/usr/local/pspdev/psp/include -isystem /home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/pkg/usr/local/pspdev/psp/sys-include
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libgcc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/leroy/Documents/pkgbuild/pspsdk/src/pspsdk-build/build/gcc-4.3.2/build-psp'
make: *** [all] Error 2
../scripts/002-gcc-4.3.2-stage1.sh: Failed.
Here is the config.log from pspsdk-build/build/gcc-4.3.2/build-psp/psp/libgcc/config.log

http://dpaste.com/70741/

My building environment

Code: Select all

Linux: Arch Linux (Linux 2.6.30-ARCH i686)
GCC Version: 4.3.3 | 4.4.0 (Tried both, both failed at the same point)
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

Try with GCC 4.2
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
yuminanako

Post by yuminanako »

Hmm. I tried with GCC 4.2.4 again, but somewhat I got the same results.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Be sure to either have the toolchain going someplace you have authorization for, or use the sudo script. The default location of /usr/local/pspdev requires you to chown the directory, or access with sudo.