PRX turns off psp

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

You can also use m33 sdk
sctrlKernelExitVSH (systemctrl.h)
sceKernelExitVSHVSH (psploadexec_kernel.h)
sceKernelExitVSHKernel (psploadexec_kernel.h)
zydeoN

Post by zydeoN »

Havent found however the function to shutdown the psp completely.
scePowerRequestStandby and sceSysconPowerStandby() just suspend the psp. Btw, how could i explore the prx in flash0, including searching for functions and that kind ? do i have to use a decompiler ?
PsPfReAK

Post by PsPfReAK »

wel ive tried what you've said and i get errors in imports.s saying unrecongnises opcode ect
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

zydeoN wrote:Havent found however the function to shutdown the psp completely.
scePowerRequestStandby and sceSysconPowerStandby() just suspend the psp. Btw, how could i explore the prx in flash0, including searching for functions and that kind ? do i have to use a decompiler ?
Take a look at some of the file browser examples and see how that works.
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

zydeoN wrote:Havent found however the function to shutdown the psp completely.
scePowerRequestStandby and sceSysconPowerStandby() just suspend the psp.
Then you are using the wrong function in your actual code or have flubbed up by crosslinking in a self made stub, or are still using the wrong makefile includes.

Standby is exactly what happens when you hold the power switch to off for 5-10 seconds, the code I posted does exactly that - shuts off the psp (though again, some hardware always remains running in PSP so long as it has any power source, RTC and syscon being examples); the only exceptions I could come up with are if you are using hen 5.xx and it has subverted standby functions to try and keep hen in memory (doubtful) or are using another plugin that hooks those functions at or before syscon level. See for yourself, code and binary:
psp_poweroff.zip

btw PsPfReAK, the code posted for the stub with my own tweak to make a sensible name for the function is in there and working just fine, so this prx does reboot (not a good way to do it), suspend(sleep) and standby(poweroff). Make sure you don't have a user/kernel mode mix, this prx code is entirely in kernel mode.
zydeoN

Post by zydeoN »

It works now xD Tks cory1492.
Take a look at some of the file browser examples and see how that works.
Where can i find them ?