HOW TO USE MEMORY STICK PRO IN A PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

fusion008

HOW TO USE MEMORY STICK PRO IN A PSP

Post by fusion008 »

I was looking at different psp websites and then i found this guide i think it will be quite useful for other people :P

http://psp-vault.com/Article63.psp
junker

Post by junker »

very useful!
nessus

Post by nessus »

NICE work! i should have read this long time ago, i have a P900 phone! and save myself the money to buy a 2G pro instead of a 1G pro duo.

although it is working for psp, its not specially designed for it. if we installed it like that guy did in the pic, it would make PSP non-portable.

and making your own movies/clips and watch it on any handheld device is not exciting now after i played it with my P900 phone with 1G duo after a few months. simple reason is that converting video/audio is still considerably time consuming. maybe its just for me, i would often be very inpatient and rather just watch whatever i wanted to convert directly on my PC. most of the time i just couldnt stand the time it takes to convert a video clip and watch it on my phone. why not just watch it on the computer, especially when the excitment of watching it on any handheld device is gone.
mdawg33

Post by mdawg33 »

nessus wrote:especially when the excitment of watching it on any handheld device is gone.
I'm not so sure it's excitement. Think of convenience. You have a 5 hour flight - you're obviously taking your PSP with you anyhow. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to store a couple of movies to bring along?
Now if only there were a way to use a compact flash microdrive with the PSP......
Naota

Post by Naota »

unfortunately they only seem to make Sd to compact flash adapters. If there was a CF to SD adapter you could couple it with an IDE to CF adapter and get a harddrive running on the psp. But first we need an sd to cf adapter. :)
mdawg33

Post by mdawg33 »

Pardon my stupidity, but how could we use an SD to CF adapter? Will the PSP accept SD? Or is ther some sort of Memory Stick to SD adapter?
junker

Post by junker »

yeah, i was dreaming of using microdrives with the psp after reading that article! i'm assuming there's some mem stick to sd adapter
btw, does mdawg= metaldawg?
paragon

Post by paragon »

hmmm - in this case I think we should again redefine that the PSP is meant to be PORTABLE.

realistically thinking - are you going to lug that little piece of plastic around with you hanging off the side
Awhite

Post by Awhite »

i don't wanna be harsh on you..but an HD? GET A LAPTOP :P
Ioannis KarAvas
Yoorah

Post by Yoorah »

The whole thing seems kind of pointless to me: You no longer have that portability, and plus, the whole set up will look ugly... another one of PSP's points taken away. :P
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
mdawg33

Post by mdawg33 »

Yoorah wrote:The whole thing seems kind of pointless to me: You no longer have that portability, and plus, the whole set up will look ugly... another one of PSP's points taken away. :P
I agree but also disagree.
You could still maintain some sort of portability. Really depends on how you'd be using it. If you are walking down the street watching a movie, then yes, the portability is gone. However, if you are on a plane or in a car on a trip, you could easily encase the bits for the CF adapter and keep it either on the tray or your lap.
I think the extra bulk would be well worth it.
mdawg33

Post by mdawg33 »

paragon wrote:realistically thinking - are you going to lug that little piece of plastic around with you hanging off the side
My thinking is it could be easily removed if you don't plan on watching videos. The adapter referenced above can be removed....