My PSP holy grail.

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

VictorAdept

My PSP holy grail.

Post by VictorAdept »

To make a long story short I sold my lackluster NinDS so I could have more cash for PSP games. The problem arises with the fact that the PSP doesn't have an alarm clock feature. I actually used that alarm clock more than I ever played games on the damn thing. I loved the touch-screen interface when using the DS menus and such but it was a novelty really.

The reason I bring this up is that I would love for someone to be able to make a simple home brew alarm clock program for the PSP. Ive been lurking this forum for a few weeks now and eating up your analysis of the various ports and files even if I don't fully understand all of it. I think your all doing great work and hope the reverse enginerring goes well. I would be more than glad to offer some cash to help the effort.

Also, is there any way really for those of us without the technical knowledge to help out? All I could really think of was donating to pay for test hardware and the like.

Sincerely,
VA
Information is power.
mharris

Re: My PSP holy grail.

Post by mharris »

VictorAdept wrote:Also, is there any way really for those of us without the technical knowledge to help out? All I could really think of was donating to pay for test hardware and the like.
PM me to get my mailing address, so you can send me a PSP (for "testing," of course ;-)
Sir_LANs-a-lot

Post by Sir_LANs-a-lot »

Yeah actually an alarm clock function would be extremely useful - I'm surprised that wasn't an added feature in the v1.5 BIOS update.
[Sir_LANs-a-lot]
pdc

Post by pdc »

Don't any of you have a watch? ;)
Sir_LANs-a-lot

Post by Sir_LANs-a-lot »

Yeah, but it doesn't play MP3's

;)
[Sir_LANs-a-lot]
pdc

Post by pdc »

Sir_LANs-a-lot wrote:Yeah, but it doesn't play MP3's

;)
Ahhh... touché!

But some might say you look like a complete dipstick with a PSP on your wrist!
Don't let me put you off though... :)
paragon

Post by paragon »

pdc wrote:Don't any of you have a watch? ;)
true dat.