PSP USB recognizes as USB camera

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Pihas

PSP USB recognizes as USB camera

Post by Pihas »

I bouth new usb cabble for PSP it looks the same as my older one and pins and so on.... But then i connetct it to PC it drops this:

And this on all PC's (tested on 3 diferent, tried changing ports), older cable worked without any problems. Any ideas where is the problem?
m0skit0

Post by m0skit0 »

The problem lies in Redmond, WA xD

Now seriously, select the drivers manually and select "PSP Type A". That should do. If you don't find'em, GIYF
The Incredible Bill Gates wrote:The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
Pihas

Post by Pihas »

Little problem, i haven't what to select, can't find simple PSP USB Driverws for windows XP....
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Let me guess, you have an EEE PC or similar? That camera you're seeing is the camera built-in to your computer, not the PSP.
Marach

Post by Marach »

jimparis, he tried on 3 PC, read carefully.
Why my REAL email adress has been BANNED???
marach5 (at) gmail (dot) com ???
Pihas

Post by Pihas »

Yes, on eee pc maybe camera conflicted..... On AMD after i just removed Camera driver it shows only unknown device now. Like in the picture bellow. So i didin;t moved anythere from this dead zone.

Can be wrong out puts? Mixed in puts and outputs?

Where is diferent between USB 2.0 and 1.1 hardware of software?
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Marach, I did read, but you'll also notice that I was correct in my guess...

Pihas, it sounds like your USB cable is just bad. If (for example) two pins are shorted together, plugging it in can cause your PC's USB hub to reset, causing other devices that use USB (like a built-in camera) to get re-detected, or mis-detected. If your PSP still works with the old cable but not the new one, it's definitely the cable that is at fault.
Wally

Post by Wally »

there's quite a lot of those USB cables that fault when you first purchase them..

I suggest taking it back.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Wally wrote:there's quite a lot of those USB cables that fault when you first purchase them..

I suggest taking it back.
For some odd reason, quality isn't a priority to the child-slaves being used in the third world country making the cables. Go figure...
Pihas

Post by Pihas »

Jimparis, you are right 2 and 4 pins on out put are shorted together.... In conclusion do not buy third part cables....