Using psplink with 5.00m33 (Slim)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

smartie_on_computer

Using psplink with 5.00m33 (Slim)

Post by smartie_on_computer »

Hey guys,

I have a psp slim loaded with 5.00m33-6.
Now with psplink, i cant get my psp to launch the offical eboot.pbp that is made when compiling psplink but i am able to take the prx and have it load as a plugin.

i have it running in vsh and game as a plugin but when im in vsh, how can i stop vsh and load my homebrew app to debug?

i can call './Test.prx" from pspsh.exe but the xmb goes fussy and i can see the lower half of my homebrew... and the top halfe is filled with the xmb

Any ideas or help in this situation?

Cheers
Roman
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

I'm assuming it goes all fuzzy because both are trying to draw at the same time.

I'd have it launch as an eboot then load psplink and such in your app.
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn
smartie_on_computer

thats the thing, i cant getit to load as a eboot, when it does, it jsut sits on a black screen with white text at the top like is usually does but does not connect by usb
NoEffex

Post by NoEffex »

I believe TyRaNiD noted that psplink does not work with slim atm. I could be wrong, but I dunno.
Programming with:
Geany + Latest PSPSDK from svn
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

psplink works fine on the slim, I can run it fine on the latest m33. The issue with it is gdb doesn't always work. Tbh I have no idea what you are doing wrong, you using the correct release_oe version of the EBOOT?
smartie_on_computer

oh... weird..

must have been something i've done wrong for the past few times trying to get it to work...

because all of a sudden it works like a charm! lol

and i've heard about the gdb problem and there is a fix for it. but i've never used gdb before because i can not find a tutorial on how to set it up with visual studio 2008, latest eclipse, etc...

Cheers
Roman
smartie_on_computer

just another question in case anyone is still reading this, im trying to debug my homebrew app but it uses the usb camera (PSP Go!Cam/Chotto shot).

now PSPLink used to have wireless capabilities but now its limited to usb...

what happened there?