I need some help

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jp

I need some help

Post by jp »

Hello to everyone!

I'm new here and glad to be a part of this forum. I have read many interesting post here and I wonder, is it necessary to get a licence or some kind of permition from developers to create PSP soft? if yes, how much is it and where to find out it&

Thanks for your answers beforehand!
KylBlz

Re: I need some help

Post by KylBlz »

jp wrote:Hello to everyone!

I'm new here and glad to be a part of this forum. I have read many interesting post here and I wonder, is it necessary to get a licence or some kind of permition from developers to create PSP soft? if yes, how much is it and where to find out it&

Thanks for your answers beforehand!
no, heres how to set up the development enviroment for windows via native SDK:
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... evelopment
and heres a general purpose guide:
http://www.psp-programming.com/tutorials/c/lesson01.htm
that one is a bit out of date, but it shows you how to build the latest toolchain and use it with a program called cygwin.
after that you can write and compile your own code free of charge.
make sure that you give thanks where thanks are due if you use someone elses code.
There is a 3rd option where you can regester with sony, however you have to be a company, have an income, pay ~20,000 dollars for the licence, and obtain official equipment to program and deploy your software. i already tried this, it didnt work :P
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

You dont have to be in a Company, but if you are in a collage that teaches game development, then you might get lucky if sce select that college to use there tools. Price, maybe about $5,000 to $15,000.
jp

Re: I need some help

Post by jp »

Thanks a lot for the info!
KylBlz wrote: i already tried this, it didnt work :P
Why it didn't work? They didn't give you a permition or there were some else difficulties?

20.000$ oh, my God! It's so expensive! If you know, where it is possible to register officially to get this licence and then to submit my own PSP game to PSP store, please share!
Torch

Post by Torch »

Even then you'd only be able to make user mode stuff with their SDK.
jp

Post by jp »

Well, tell me in detail what should I do!
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Torch:
Once anyone get there tools, it can be easly patch.

jp:
If you search hard on this forum, someone gave a link to scee site. That can give you a start.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

If you want to make commercial software, you have to get the official SDK - in which case, we can't help. We don't do the official anything here. You'd have to consult with Sony on that.

If you want to make homebrew, read the threads on installing the homebrew SDK. Don't bother asking questions until you've read the threads as every possible question has already been asked and answered a million times.
jp

Post by jp »

Thanks for your info!