Firmware update, huh?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

zigzag

Firmware update, huh?

Post by zigzag »

Not that I buy it, but... http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=19504286

Any thoughts?

Update: after a little searching on Google, I've found that these folders are valid and are used on at least one cell phone... so maybe the user used the memory stick on their cell phone... but those sites only mention an AUDIO and VIDEO folder within the /MSNEC/MT1/ folder, not MAIL etc
mc

Post by mc »

There is no "offical firmware upgrade" [sic] at this time.

I just checked with Network Update, and it says

The latest version of the system is
already installed.
There is no need to update.

just as usual.

The guy is either confused or trying to hoax people.
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Yeah, I've checked too, but he claims it happened some one time... nah, I don't believe it either... must be a hoax... sounds like a kid and without much detail at all.
pirloui

Post by pirloui »

He probably heard about the leaked firmware, and made his story of what he thought was the case..
I just hope it will come out some day before i wear out the wifi button checking disponibility ;)
playstationfreak

Post by playstationfreak »

do you need the firmware upgrade to wirelessly connect???
jUsT lOsE iT
M2

Post by M2 »

playstationfreak wrote:do you need the firmware upgrade to wirelessly connect???
no. you use the wi-fi connection to join a local wi-fi network, to receive firmware upgrades. there are 12 known bugs with version 1.0. the us will ship with version 1.5, which addresses 9 of those known bugs. i'm guessing after the us release, the network update function will be available for the japanese units.
Mawdsley

Post by Mawdsley »

M2 wrote:there are 12 known bugs with version 1.0. the us will ship with version 1.5, which addresses 9 of those known bugs. i'm guessing after the us release, the network update function will be available for the japanese units.
Can you link to a source for this? First I have heard about it.
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Mawdsley wrote:
M2 wrote:there are 12 known bugs with version 1.0. the us will ship with version 1.5, which addresses 9 of those known bugs. i'm guessing after the us release, the network update function will be available for the japanese units.
Can you link to a source for this? First I have heard about it.
ditto. Your source?

What about new features?
Pikoro

Post by Pikoro »

I have a cron job running an update program I wrote that will notify me if a new firmware update is posted.

Trust me, as soon as a firmware update is released, i'll have story about it on my site.

cheers
Pikoro
http://www.psphacks.net

Post by Guest »

And we will know about it regardless of whether you post a story about it or not. But please, post about it at your site...
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Someone has to know about it first... unless you're checking ever day yourself he may very well be one of the first to know. :)
zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Someone will know about it before him that's a given... there's is probably someone (i don't mean same one person) checking every few minutes somewhere.

But the more important thing is that they have to be someone who would let others know and that information would have to get around. So for that reason, he may be the first to do so :)