Camera port hacking

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

gnin

Camera port hacking

Post by gnin »

i was wondering if it were possible to abuse the camera to extend psp input device capabilities. therefore i ask: 1. can one use a bridge cable between the plug port and the device to allow for more freedom of placement of the device? 2. can one build a T-bridge to eventually allow for hacking of the device protocol or are there other methods for that? 3. is there a prx that kills the red led lamp and the click sound? 4. is video streaming with high buffer for high quality possible and over the internet? 5. specs of device
Maxiime

Post by Maxiime »

- A bridge cable is impossible. You will have to make a bridge for the power connection. . .
- high quality video streaming will be slow for the psp. maybe it should work, but with a low framerate
- no prx to kill the redlight.
- i don't think there are TECHNICAL details of the cam. non-technical details can be found on camera box (when you bought your camera).

I hope i helped you a bit ;)

Cyaa
adrahil

Post by adrahil »

Not much is known about the Go!Cam hardware, except that it is powered by a OV560 chip. An overview is here: http://www.ovt.com/data/imagepro/pdf/OV ... 0(1.0).pdf
jean

Post by jean »

- an extension cord is definitely possible and already explained on deniska's site (where it's used for GPS unit)
- a "T" cable can be made with approximatively 5 euros using operational amplifiers and the buffering technique (in an electronical sense) to sense data flowing without interfering with communication, but then you should use very expensive machinery to analyze data flow on three different pins (USBD+, USBD-, SERIAL)
- AFAIK the red led is turned on by hardware when it begins sending data....if you hate it that much you can pull it off with a screw driver!! ;)
- the sound is not played by camera, but by PSP software...use a homebrew camera software to take stills without sounds, or simply....mute your PSP
- streaming over internet is just a matter of software....high quality video is something go!cam can barely approximate to with post-analisys techniques.