psplink wifi

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

sturatt

psplink wifi

Post by sturatt »

I am trying to get psplink to work, but whenever I try to start the wifi shell, it never gets past "connection state 2 of 4." When it prints this message, the wifi light comes on solid for a second, then never blinks again.

I have tried deleting the wifi profile and remaking it. Does anyone know how I can figure out what is wrong here?
Wally

Re: psplink wifi

Post by Wally »

sturatt wrote:I am trying to get psplink to work, but whenever I try to start the wifi shell, it never gets past "connection state 2 of 4." When it prints this message, the wifi light comes on solid for a second, then never blinks again.

I have tried deleting the wifi profile and remaking it. Does anyone know how I can figure out what is wrong here?
errors??
platform??
sturatt

Re: psplink wifi

Post by sturatt »

Wally4000 wrote:
sturatt wrote:I am trying to get psplink to work, but whenever I try to start the wifi shell, it never gets past "connection state 2 of 4." When it prints this message, the wifi light comes on solid for a second, then never blinks again.

errors??
platform??
It doesnt give any errors, it just hangs at the "connection state 2 of 4" part. This is happening with psplink on the psp. I currently have 3.03 OE-C installed, do you think that could be the problem?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Have you tested the connection? Does it work in the PSP browser? If not, then that is the problem (a connection setting or reception at the wifi hotspot).
sturatt

Post by sturatt »

J.F. wrote:Have you tested the connection? Does it work in the PSP browser? If not, then that is the problem (a connection setting or reception at the wifi hotspot).
yes, the connection works fine in the browser.
fiorello

Post by fiorello »

maybe signal is too weak or psplink don't support some sorf of securities of ur network..

anyway i will be thanfull if u can pack ur psplink directory with settings ini and upload to some upload site, coz' i can't configure .ini properly or i have bad compilied psplink, i dont know ^^
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

fiorello wrote:maybe signal is too weak or psplink don't support some sorf of securities of ur network..

anyway i will be thanfull if u can pack ur psplink directory with settings ini and upload to some upload site, coz' i can't configure .ini properly or i have bad compilied psplink, i dont know ^^
That reminds me - are you using psplink or psplinkusb? The first is a 1.50-based app and therefore won't support WPA. The second is a 3.xx based app and should.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

No it won't cause as its name suggests psplinkusb is usb only :P
sturatt

Post by sturatt »

J.F. wrote:
fiorello wrote:maybe signal is too weak or psplink don't support some sorf of securities of ur network..

That reminds me - are you using psplink or psplinkusb? The first is a 1.50-based app and therefore won't support WPA. The second is a 3.xx based app and should.
Thanks J.F. I didnt even know there was a new version of psplink, much less a new set of rules for programming for the new psp. Looks like I will have to do some digging up of old threads on here and try to figure this stuff out.
TyRaNiD wrote:No it won't cause as its name suggests psplinkusb is usb only :P
haha that makes sense. Well it's no big deal I suppose, ill just use the usb shell. I figured out yesterday that it isnt a psplink problem anyways. After looking at psplink's source i noticed that it was the same as the net sample in the sdk, and that doesnt work on my psp either.

tyranid, is there any reason to use psplinkusb over psplink if I have the original psp?
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Urm well I would always recommend using USB connection unless you are running on a platform which doesn't support it (say freebsd) or you absolutely have to not use USB (say developing an alternative USB driver).

psplinkusb is a newer version of psplink with a number of bonus features over the old psplink, one being the ability to work directly on 3.XX firmwares which is where development really should be these days. So if you are willing to use USB then just use psplinkusb and everything is much simpler development wise :)