Any luck with Firmware 3.95?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

nathanstenzel

Any luck with Firmware 3.95?

Post by nathanstenzel »

I just got the PSP silver a few days ago and I have updated the firmware a few times.
What are my chances of getting this working with Firmware 3.95?
If anyone requires some debug info from it and is willing to step me through it, I would be willing to subject my PSP to testing.
Pirata Nervo

Post by Pirata Nervo »

wtf!?
Upgrade your PSP
PiCkDaT

Post by PiCkDaT »

yeah definatly not. you need to get a custom firmware first. look up psp "slim" downgrade in google Im sure you will find something... infact just 2 seconds on google I found http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=122651 which will help guide you to installing a custom firmware.
Enlighten me, Reveal my fate -- Follow - Breaking Benjamin
cyberfish

Post by cyberfish »

I just downgraded mine from 3.95 yesterday. AFAIK there is no way except the pandora battery that you can make either 1) using another PSP that can already run homebrew, or 2) pry open the battery and cut a pin. Either way, you need to waste a battery (by converting it to pandora).

I did the hardmodding (cutting pin). Took me just over 5 hrs (the prying open alone took me ~2 hr), with white smokes and sparks on occassions (short circuitted it twice). Not recommended. (but I was too lazy to borrow an already-modded PSP, so...)
jean

Post by jean »

Guys....don't even try to make this site start looking like a users' forum... this is definitely _NOT_ a development related question. Stop it.