PSP Web Development: Capturing D-Pad?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Syier

PSP Web Development: Capturing D-Pad?

Post by Syier »

Hello,

I joined these forums because of the great PSP support. I am currently developing a PSP friendly website and I am running into some trouble capturing the PSP's D-Pad.

My initial reaction was, try to capture the onKeyPress however I have been failing to grab the keycode. Has anyone managed to capture the D-Pad from the PSP's web browser?
PiCkDaT

Post by PiCkDaT »

I dont know what you mean by capture from the webbrowser... buttt I'm sure you know about sceCtrlReadBufferPositive right?....
Enlighten me, Reveal my fate -- Follow - Breaking Benjamin
mrlinx

Post by mrlinx »

He means, capturing D-pad from a flash movie that is running in a website on the PSP browser.

I'm not sure, but I would say its not possible.
jean

Post by jean »

Every browser under the sun provides an abstraction layer to feed user input to the page's businness logic (that could be javascript code, or whatever page plugin you like, say flash). So i guess you can capture psp's "virtual mouse" pointer position, but you could never-ever capture -say- the [square button] press because netfront doesn't dispatch the event to any underlaying layer. So the short answer is :"try to convince someone to port firefox on psp (handling messages the way you like), or just forget it"