LTE game engine on psp slim and light

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

helboi

LTE game engine on psp slim and light

Post by helboi »

Since lte game engine source code is released, can someone make it compatible with s&l
He will save my life
I actually started working on this project bu i need some help
Kernel150

Post by Kernel150 »

I need this port too!!!

please help us!! :)
jean

Post by jean »

I've never seen that library code, and i generally don't like "game libraries", but i can say you that S&L PSPs require nothing more than phats for homebrew to run on... only thing you have to do is make sure it compiles for 3.xx firmware..so, quoting myself:
Here's what i've done:

updated toolchain and sdk (now i'm using heimdall's 0.6 for win32)
placed fw_version = 390 in all makefiles
make sure all prx [messing with kernel stuff] are in kernel mode
for all prx checked exported functions
surrounded all exported functions with the k1 stuff
checked compile-time constants for hooked functions' nids
....then there is something you have to put in your makefiles to make extra ram available....i read it in a post from J.F., but i can't find it now...
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

jean wrote:....then there is something you have to put in your makefiles to make extra ram available....i read it in a post from J.F., but i can't find it now...

Code: Select all

PSP_LARGE_MEMORY = 1
Goes in the makefile.

I think the biggest thing to change in LTE would probably be the network init code. Beyond that, there shouldn't be a lot to change. Obviously, you need to change the main header to make it a user mode app instead of kernel mode. If it tries to spawn kernel mode threads anywhere, that needs to be changed as well. I've got the source and glanced over it, but I'm too busy at the moment to try converting it myself.
sbrillon1

Post by sbrillon1 »

I have a great news for all.

bigboss and siberianstar they have almost ended the port on 3.xx kerlel..
helboi

Post by helboi »

that's good news for my birthday
i can't wait to download the release
good luck for u all
sbrillon1

Post by sbrillon1 »

Bigboss says:
we're closer to complete our LTE Game Engine port for 3.XX kernel. we still have a few thigs to program (network) but after that, we'll release fixed sources/binaries on our website www.ltestudios.com. in the meantime for those who wanna try the demo on a Slim & Lite, here is the download link http://rapidshare.com/files/104098103/ms0.rar.html
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Well, he PM'd me for this, so I spent an hour to get it going. Here's the latest LTE from their site (v2.2) converted to run on the Slim.

Notes:
All examples work except for the terrain rendering demo, which hangs. Even networking works.

The gleaming gal in the demo doesn't render quite right, and the first time you shoot, it doesn't play sound. These are probably bugs in v2.2.

Although I edited all the makefiles in the examples for LARGE memory, the engine is set for a 20000 KB heap. This can be changed by changing the CAudioDriver.cpp file and recompiling the engine library. Using MAX won't give you audio since you cannot then create threads, and audio is handled via threads.

I haven't tested at3 playing. It's not part of the examples.

Bigboss and others should feel free to check out the change I made for initializing the network. The network example works great.

Everything tested on my PSP 2001-IS with 3.90 M33-3. Everything is compiled on Ubuntu 7.10 with the latest toolchain and sdk. I had to edit the engine lib makefile to change "libmad\" to "libmad/" to get it to work in linux. Also, since the toolchain uses gcc 4.1, I had to edit a bunch of the h files to correct the extra qualification errors.

The arc is so big because it's the entire directory with all object files and all examples compiled.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4m3yfvmndj

EDIT: here's the v2.2 edited for the slim with the heap set to 48000 KB. It also only has the libEngine and Demo compiled, so it's MUCH smaller than the post above.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2oim3x1dmz

EDIT #2: If you came here from the LTE page looking for LTE on the Slim, you might also check out this thread: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10463

That will give you pspgl on the TV, which can be used with this update of LTE. You'll see in that thread where I did a couple of the LTE samples on the TV.
stinkee2

Post by stinkee2 »

C:\pspsdk\INSTALLLIBS\LTE\src>make
psp-g++ -I../include/ -Ilibmad/ -I. -IC:/pspsdk/psp/sdk/include -O3 -G0 -DHAVE_C
ONFIG_H -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DHAVE_FCNTL_H -DHAVE_ERRNO_H -fno-ex
ceptions -fno-rtti -fsingle-precision-constant -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math
-O3 -G0 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fsingle-precision-constant -fomit-frame-point
er -ffast-math -D_PSP_FW_VERSION=390 -c -o CNetworkDriver.o CNetworkDriver.cpp

CNetworkDriver.cpp: In member function 'void engine::net::CNetworkDriver::run()'
:
CNetworkDriver.cpp:145: error: cannot convert 'char*' to 'SceNetApctlInfo*' for
argument '2' to 'int sceNetApctlGetInfo(int, SceNetApctlInfo*)'
CNetworkDriver.cpp: In member function 'virtual void engine::net::CSocket::write
Line(c8*)':
CNetworkDriver.cpp:638: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to '
c8*'
CNetworkDriver.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool engine::net::CSocket::readL
ine(engine::core::stringc*)':
CNetworkDriver.cpp:690: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to '
c8*'
CNetworkDriver.cpp:693: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to '
c8*'
make: *** [CNetworkDriver.o] Error 1

?? Whats this error? and how can I fix it?
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

Why does people still use this old junk LTE? I suggest using LTE Light Mod by Brick , he released it about a month ago over at psp-hacks forums under the psp-programming section , I can't post the link to the release topic because I'm on psp currently.
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

Dark Chazz, still good to know this stuff (it is basics) so I'll post this anyway...

the error is right where it says 'error':

CNetworkDriver.cpp:145: error: cannot convert 'char*' to 'SceNetApctlInfo*' for
argument '2' to 'int sceNetApctlGetInfo(int, SceNetApctlInfo*)' 
open CNetworkDriver.cpp and go to line 145 and change

if (sceNetApctlGetInfo(8, szMyIPAddr) == 0)
to

if (sceNetApctlGetInfo(8, (SceNetApctlInfo*)szMyIPAddr) == 0)
so it casts the char array.

The others are warnings, mainly because GCC got updated in your toolchain (from 3.x.x to 4.x.x) since this was originally created and for whatever reason this type of casting is not going to be supported, google warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ' c8*' and you'll come across some explanations on how to fix these warnings (though often you don't need to fix warnings for the build to go through) - it amounts to either modifying the functions to take const explicity or cast things you send to those functions as const.
stinkee2

Post by stinkee2 »

Dark Chazz wrote:Why does people still use this old junk LTE? I suggest using LTE Light Mod by Brick , he released it about a month ago over at psp-hacks forums under the psp-programming section , I can't post the link to the release topic because I'm on psp currently.
sorry, I actually just tried that literally 5 minutes ago and I get like a thousand errors when compiling
lol, I suck
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Can you post the information displayed on your console?

link to the lte mod - http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f141/re ... d-t240347/
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Well, that's hardly LTE anymore, is it? From the linked post, he removed everything but the renderer, then altered everything in that the slowed down rendering. All it is is yet another 3D framework. There were already plenty of those out. What made LTE big was it was a full irrlicht conversion to the PSP.

If you want an updated version of LTE that compiles with gcc 4.x, try my version for the Slim, or the one with TV support. The one with TV support uses an updated PSPGL, so it can sometimes fail depending on what you're doing since LTE was written for a much older version of PSPGL. Most of the LTE demos work, but a few don't. The version that's updated for the Slim uses the old PSPGL, so it works like the original LTE, but updated for the Slim and newer CFW and toolchains.

Update for Slim: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=67080#67080
PSPGL and LTE with TV support: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10463
Coldbird

Post by Coldbird »

So does anyone know what exactly makes the Terrain Demo hang?
I didn't check too deeply into it yet but it doesn't seem to throw a exception... :-/
Been gone for some time. Now I'm back. Someone mind getting me up-2-date?