nice idea for psp&usb. is it possible?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

t0x1c

nice idea for psp&usb. is it possible?

Post by t0x1c »

i have this usb adapter:
as you see its female from every side so i can connect it to the usb cable of the psp
now the psp has a female usb port
so i can connect my disk on key to the psp
but it cant read from the disk on key because there is no homebrew for it
is it possible to make such a homebrew? can someone make it for me?
pspZorba

Post by pspZorba »

not possible, and use the search function, it has already been discussed tons of time
--pspZorba--
NO to K1.5 !
jean

Post by jean »

Answer this: when you plug your psp to wall adapter there is a direct connection between the handheld and the tension lines. Does this imply you can control your local energy provider's centrals?? :)))))
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

VERY possible... It's only that we donot have the USB drivers for PSP to put it into USB MASTER oh... confused... Can't be put into a USB host/SLAVE mode.

Even though there is VERY Little possibility that this might happen, I am looking forward to it; I will readily donate $125 to whoever achieves this!

Modules FROM FW 1.50 worthy of investigation are:

Code: Select all

usbstorboot.prx <- high probability that this'll contain most low-level stuff and      
                            hardware registers,etc.
usb.prx
usbstormgr.prx
usbstor.prx
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.
jean

Post by jean »

....uhmm...ok:never say never, but i think none would reconstruct a whole USB protocol stack if they plan to connect only small devices ONE AT A TIME. I mean: usb is complex and designed for 127 client devices and one host...if i was asked to develop PSP and its USB connection system, i probably would have planned 2 modes: one as simplistic standard mass storage client and one as myOwnProprietarySuperLockedProtocol... Have you ever seen those USB-to-PS2 keyboard adapters? they have NOTHING inside...just straight connections: it is the controller of a predisposed keyboard that checks the presence of a USB or PS2 bus and initializes itself accordingly. So it's definitely NOT just a matter of drivers, because some protocol details are too quick to be handled in software... in my example above we have a whole microcontroller dedicated to it.

PS: have you ever sniffed USB traffic between a PSP and a PC while the PSP is running a program that checks the presence of an original usb device (GPS, camera, microphone...)??... It appears that the PSP keeps presenting itself as a client device for a moment. If was sony and i implemented the whole USB stack, i would likely use it, don't you think?
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Sigh, not this again.
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

On a side note I have that exact same flash drive, they're very nice.

About the only thing in this thread that is likely.