AVItoPMP (1.2.0): advanced tool for pmp video

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Impulse, use the official PMP player, not the modified version. It is known to be buggy right now.
Later,

Alcahest
ImpuLse

Post by ImpuLse »

thanks for the fast reply but i thought there was opnly 1 pmp player and that it is the 1 i got but i guess it isn't lol

anyways could u gimme a link to the file please (if u not allowed to post on here could u please PM me the link)

thanks in Advance

ImpuLse
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

sure, here is the official player: http://jonny.leffe.dnsalias.com/pmp_mod ... d_1_02.rar
Later,

Alcahest
ImpuLse

Post by ImpuLse »

thnx but thats the 1 i'm usin...

i'm puzzled lol i really wanna watched this i downloaded a pmp player for psp and it played the AVI but everythin was slowed down unwatchable

any other info would be good to know if ya know any solutions to fixin this then that would be great

thanks

ImpuLse
sti3

Post by sti3 »

This program looks great at first glance. Encoding a show now. The only thing I wouldn't mind would be a way to do the cropping manually, but I bet that's a lot of coding. Great frontend though, does everything i'd want. Maybe a bitrate calculator? A table of the valid resolutions?

EDIT: Still a great program. Makes things EASY!
Last edited by sti3 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
someone
Idiot

Help with french subtitles

Post by someone »

Hello
I've downloaded the latest AVItoPMP and I've seen that "é à è etc " are included in the subfont.tff so I thought that I don't need to change subfont.ttf.

But no subtitles in the video even if in DOS it's written
SUB: detected subtitle file format : subviewer
SUB: Read 661 subtitles // (it's the good file so )
and in video logs

New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.

As it doesn't work, when I edit encode.bat, I change cp 1251 (appears twice) by cp 1252 or cp latin1 (like the french guy said) but no results.
So that mean that I have to change subfont.tff but how to find .ttf files ??? and take the right one ? and what to do after ?

Help ... thanks
eisaisobaros

Post by eisaisobaros »

I'm using the program and it works great with greek subtitles....
I've done a little search for you and the result is that your .srt MUST be saved as ANSI and not as UNICODE (if you open it with a notepad and press save as you can fix that) and the cp that you can use is 1252...
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

Hello
My .SRT are already in ANSI.

I have that in encode.bat :

-sws 9 -subfont-text-scale 4 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -subcp cp1251 -vf scale=480:272 -sub "K:\24\24.401\24.s04e01.hdtv-lol.srt" -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:turbo:vhq=1:max_bframes=0 -nosound -o NUL: 2> "D:\Documents and Settings\Kartik\Bureau\AVItoPMP\logs\video.log"

-sws 9 -subfont-text-scale 4 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -subcp cp1251 -vf scale=480:272 -sub "K:\24\24.401\24.s04e01.hdtv-lol.srt" -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=512:vhq=1:max_bframes=0 -nosound -o "D:\Documents and Settings\Kartik\Bureau\Lost 103\24.s04e01.hdtv-lol_tmp.avi" 2>> "D:\Documents and Settings\Kartik\Bureau\AVItoPMP\logs\video.log"

So I've changed "cp1251" with "cp1252" in these two lines and I've saved.
But no results.

When you push on "Preview" do you see subtitles ? (If yes I could see if it works or not before encoding).

I've tested with english and french subtitles but always the same message in video logs :

I'm using AviToPmp version for AMD 64
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Manual cropping in AVItoPMP would be fantastic!
Later,

Alcahest
eisaisobaros

Post by eisaisobaros »

someone wrote:Hello
My .SRT are already in ANSI.

I have that in encode.bat :

-sws 9 -subfont-text-scale 4 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -subcp cp1251 -vf scale=480:272 -sub "K:\24\24.401\24.s04e01.hdtv-lol.srt" -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1:turbo:vhq=1:max_bframes=0 -nosound -o NUL: 2> "D:\Documents and Settings\Kartik\Bureau\AVItoPMP\logs\video.log"

-sws 9 -subfont-text-scale 4 -subfont-blur 1 -subfont-outline 1 -unicode -subcp cp1251 -vf scale=480:272 -sub "K:\24\24.401\24.s04e01.hdtv-lol.srt" -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=512:vhq=1:max_bframes=0 -nosound -o "D:\Documents and Settings\Kartik\Bureau\Lost 103\24.s04e01.hdtv-lol_tmp.avi" 2>> "D:\Documents and Settings\Kartik\Bureau\AVItoPMP\logs\video.log"

So I've changed "cp1251" with "cp1252" in these two lines and I've saved.
But no results.

When you push on "Preview" do you see subtitles ? (If yes I could see if it works or not before encoding).

I've tested with english and french subtitles but always the same message in video logs :

I'm using AviToPmp version for AMD 64
Hello again someone and sorry for the delay!!!

The preview button DOESN'T work with the codepage...
Have you tried to encode a movie and see the result?
I've checked the font and is TrueType format so the problem isn't with the font...
You can copy/paste a font from C:\windows\fonts and then change the name to subfont.ttf if you want to try it...

Have you tried encoding on another computer?

Cheers
someone
Idiot

Post by someone »

Hello eisaisobaros !

I have change the subfont.ttf with VERDANA font from C:/Windows/Font
and put cp1252 in encode.bat and now that works.

thanks eisaisobaros for having helped me
eisaisobaros

Post by eisaisobaros »

Is this project canceled? Cause I haven't seen any activity for some time...
:-(
toker#

Post by toker# »

The application can not detect sound format on avi files. HAve tried avi with mp3 sounds and avi with ac3 sound.

I think this is more of a mencoder issue, as ffmpeg base convertor detects the sound source fine.

Please help.
toker#

Post by toker# »

I have sound now, not sure what happened.

V fast encoding with Mencode, nice app.
TestType

Post by TestType »

We need an update to this great app to support the new vbr mp3 in PMP 2.0!
This is my favorite pmp converter, thanks uNn99!
PSP: Japanese Firmware 1.0 :: 1gb SanDisk Memory Stick
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

I totally second that, and outputting directly to PMP 2.0 format would be great. Now if uNn has even more time to put into it, manual cropping with preview would be fantastic!
Later,

Alcahest
Itaintrite

Post by Itaintrite »

Outputting directly to 2.00 format? You can already do that by replacing the muxer with the new one. All it need are cropping and VBR audio.
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Haha indeed Itaintrite, it didn't occur to me I could just swap the executable and it would work, silly me :p
Thanks for the tip ;)
Later,

Alcahest
therock003

Post by therock003 »

i get some crazy error when i start encoding where it says has some trouble with the directory.
eisaisobaros

Post by eisaisobaros »

therock003 wrote:i get some crazy error when i start encoding where it says has some trouble with the directory.
You are using very long directory names... try to change them for example use:
"C:\Avi2PMP" for the program and "C:\Videos" for the video files...

Cheers
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

New version 0.9.5 is out!

- a lot of new features
- new design
- VBR audio support
- advanced settings
- bitrate calculator
- pmp_muxer 2.00

Link (mencoder IS NOT INCLUDED - put your favorite build of mencoder to apps/mencoder folder): http://rapidshare.de/files/17926799/AVItoPMP.rar.html
usuariopc

Post by usuariopc »

Thank! That's an awesome program!

One cuestion. It gives to me an error. When I select the BeSweet like audio codec, and save te configuration, when I restart the program, gives to me a message like:

Access violation at adress 004A2DFC in module 'AvitoPmp.exe'. Read of address 00000370.

The error only appears in the startup, when the option with the Besweet audio coder is saved.

In the AVItoPMP.ini
[Audio]
mode=1

Thaks. The program is the best video conversor for video to PSP!
Last edited by usuariopc on Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
XperienZe

Post by XperienZe »

Thanks for this program, it is the first time i am using it... saw the update 0.95 at PSPUpdates today! I have put the files in C:\Program\PSP\AVItoPMP\ (couse there is no install), when i run the program i choose my settings, Wide screen, codec: DivX, Bitrate: 520, constant bitrate, Use Mencoder, audio bitrate: 96, no subtitle.
Then i save the setting and add a file to the que and Run encoding and then i got this problem: Something went wrong during encoding, press any key to continue!

I havnt any "Mencoder", dont know what it is? Or where to get it!?
If i use BeSweet i get same problem as the person above me!

Please help me!
usuariopc

Post by usuariopc »

You can find the mencoder packed in:

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/builds/me ... 0060323.7z
or in
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/release ... 050928.zip

You only need to put the mencoder.exe in the "apps/mencoder" folder.
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

It is awesome, thanks uNn99!
There seem to be a small problem when trying to erase the divx2pass.log file. Sometimes it's not deleted.
I've setup the external output folder as C:\unzipped\ in the advanced option, i think it's a little bug with this.

Also, i though of a little enhancement, setting the preview length. 15 seconds seem to be a little long for me when i just want to check if the ratio is OK.
5 seconds or a setting somewhere to set it would be fine. (to avoid setting it everytime the preview feature is used)

And if you have time, my principal request for this superb prog would still be "manual cropping with preview". ;)
See you,

Alcahest
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

Alcahest wrote:It is awesome, thanks uNn99!
There seem to be a small problem when trying to erase the divx2pass.log file. Sometimes it's not deleted.
I've setup the external output folder as C:\unzipped\ in the advanced option, i think it's a little bug with this.

Also, i though of a little enhancement, setting the preview length. 15 seconds seem to be a little long for me when i just want to check if the ratio is OK.
5 seconds or a setting somewhere to set it would be fine. (to avoid setting it everytime the preview feature is used)

And if you have time, my principal request for this superb prog would still be "manual cropping with preview". ;)
See you,

Alcahest
Try this build http://lagoff.net/fifa/downloads/AVItoPMP.exe
- fixed divx2pass.log small bug
- fixed "Access violation at adress 004A2DFC in module 'AvitoPmp.exe'. Read of address 00000370"
- default preview length is set to 10 seconds
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

This new build give me an error "Framerate too high" then abort everytime!
Later,

Alcahest
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

Alcahest wrote:This new build give me an error "Framerate too high" then abort everytime!
Later,

Alcahest
o_O I haven't changed anything about Framerate. Can't get this error. Can you describe it - error happens when you start app or when click "Encode" ?
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

This error is given by the DOS window, before muxing.
all the video I try to encode give me that result now, as well as when I use yesterday's build. O_o
I have erased AVItoPMP.ini but it doesn't seem to correct the bug.
Will test some more.
Later,

Alcahest
uNn99

Post by uNn99 »

Post your queue.bat , I want to see this error ;)