PSPZ Project WIP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jube

Post by jube »

not really applicable, im having mine made custom, and its all buisness to buisness anyway, you need your own LTD CO to even start.
And please if anyone is builing a version learn about EMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is the single most important ( if you ignore DFT and DFP ) subject ANY hardware designer should be aware of, especially in relation to this project.
Finally as i stated right at the start of this project the hardware details for many ts versions are available on the net, when you actually start porting the code from pic to arm or similar you realise its all CRAP, thats why its on the net !!! I went back to first principals and published papers that where i advise others to go.
Jean if your goimg to have a go at this, a piece of advice, FORGET mikroC and or microBASIC, they are both a dead end cos they dont support ICD2, and if you look you will find $$$$$$$ of prof compilers for free, which do :)
jean

Post by jean »

???
you started a company just to order custom sized touch film??
In Circuit Debugging for a thing that has to do 2 AD Conversion and a serial send per loop? Mate, this has only one name : OVERKILL... think about it. In the end you're saying that we have no way to build ourself your device? I'm a little bit confused....anyway, mikroC supports a ton of features on his own prog board...i never cared (and never will) about them because in our field of application it's simply ridiculous to do so. Moreover, it's ANSI C, so porting it anywhere is a piece of cake, if i have to. Until then, i'll stay on mikroC because it's the more comfortable micro IDE i've ever seen.
Since i'm considering to purchase mikroC to continue openKeyboard development beyond the ugly 2k limit, if you can suggest me a free micro compiler without limitations, then do it before i go for it.
jube

Post by jube »

nope, already got one.
ICD programs/debugs in one package ( including the ultra low voltage pics ), there is A LOT MORE TO DO THAN THAT :) :):) like i said example code you are basing your assumptions on is crap, but dont take my word for it, please try for yourself, maybe you will find another better way ! ( one hopes so ).
go to HI-TEC website, download compilers, you got 1 month free, im sure you can figure how to streatch that!!!
But hey if you want to spend cash !
jube

Post by jube »

yes you can build one!!!!!, i am just pointing out things which will save you MUCH time designing your own.
jean

Post by jean »

ok, but so, how to (e.g.) obtain the right size touchscreen?
...im sure you can figure how to streatch that!
...yep! but i could "stretch" the mikroC 2k limit, too...i just don't want to because it's a crime and i have to redistribute binaries...
The assumption i'm doing are based on the projects i handled till today, not on the bad code you're referring to...
jube

Post by jube »

so your asking where to get a professional pic compiler with unlimited code, unlimited time, that supports all the new pics, and has no intelectual property associations, for free, with no "streaching" ?
Sorry cant help you there, think you have to pay :)
jean

Post by jean »

...just as i suspected ;)
kralyk

Post by kralyk »

jube, where did you buy that touchscreen addon?
would you pls post a link to some info/docu on that addon?

thanks a sorry if this info has been post in the thread I cant find it :/
...sorry for my english...
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

Updates? (It's been a VEEERY Long time) :(
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.