Homebrew on 2.0+ through GTA savedata

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Energy

Post by Energy »

niemand0815 wrote:
Energy wrote:
niemand0815 wrote:my personal problem is:
how do i convert the savegames from the uk(=eu)-version to the german version?
obviously there are some differences, as for example the name of the directory where the saves are in.
well that's what you change.... the directory. :)
you should try before posting such things *g*
changing the directory does not work with the censored = 16+ german version. the 18+ "german" version is the eu-version, so no problem there.
Soz my bad, I've just got fed up with n00bs pestering how to get the Cheat device working on the UK one. Which it clearly explains in the readme!!! >_<

I hadn't checked the German version, strange that they'd change the save files so much >_<
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

Maybe there's an 18+ coffee mod in there again. ;)
CaseyB

Post by CaseyB »

When Fajita releases the loader based in this exploit I'll need to buy a copy of the game to load it, right?
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

yes
Got a v2.0-v2.80 firmware PSP? Download the eLoader here to run homebrew on it!
The PSP Homebrew Database needs you!
CaseyB

Post by CaseyB »

Ok, I thought so! You have been making amazing progress, any idea when it'll be released?
jtwald

Post by jtwald »

The Fanjita Beta GTA eLoader is now released..

Now I've run into some problems.

These ecrypt/encrypt samples will not run on a 2.01 PSP using the GTA eBoot loader.

I would apreciate it if you had any insight on code to change or could post new samples that are compatible with 2.01 and 2.5 GTA eLoader.

The current ones reset your psp on the Working.. message.
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

jtwald wrote:These ecrypt/encrypt samples will not run on a 2.01 PSP using the GTA eBoot loader.
That's correct; they only work in VSH mode on 2.0. From user mode, you can use the sceUtilitySavedata* functions like the savedata/utility sample, although you'll have to figure out how the savedata structure differs (probably not much; disassembling a game like gta might be the best way to figure it out)
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Ah yes of course, I'd forgotten those were VSH only.
Got a v2.0-v2.80 firmware PSP? Download the eLoader here to run homebrew on it!
The PSP Homebrew Database needs you!
Kookus

Post by Kookus »

noobie here, just got a psp, started the homebrew thing, have gta and all but...

I don't have another psp to try this, but I have the old atari games for the psp, and they have the sharing thing where it gives a demo to someone else via the network.

Has anyone taken a look at trying to utilize one of those shared games to just modify homebrew so that it doesn't require gta? In the future, once game downloads are available (if they aren't already) I'd imagine that'd be a better avenue for research.

Just some thoughts.
mmsomekid

for other games?

Post by mmsomekid »

Can someone put out this crack for any other games(preferably Need for speed rivals, sw battlefront 2, or mercury)? I dont have GTA so I cant use it, but it looks like a very promising program.