How long until ./toolchain.sh completes?!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jason867

Post by jason867 »

Ok, I managed to figure out how to run ash.exe, and then I entered rebaseall, it did some stuff, then returned to the $ prompt without saying a word. Is this right? Now, I need to re-run the toolchain script right?
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, besides, I'm playing my PSP, tee hee!
------------------------------------------------------
Visit my website for my PSP Homebrew!
Valohtar

Post by Valohtar »

I don't think you'd have to rerun the entire script, I think just the pspsdk messed up. So you could probably get away with just ./toolchain.sh -p. If that doesn't work, then try the whole thing.

Good luck =).
jason867

Post by jason867 »

IT WORKS! I just got some of the samples to compile and run on my psp! Thanks so much Valohtar! I noticed that the sdktest sample wasn't in there. I had to copy it from another source, but it wouldn't compile, but everything else is.

I tried copying the thread status sample into a different directory and tried playing around with it (I was trying to put printf("Hello World!"); into an infinite while loop. But it would hang my psp and shut it off. I'm not sure why, is there anything specific that you must do to every main.c file? like declare a certain function or something? Not a big deal, I'll figure it out. Does anyone know of a guide or anything to list several psp specific functions and what not? I can program C, but I don't have much of the functions memorized.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, besides, I'm playing my PSP, tee hee!
------------------------------------------------------
Visit my website for my PSP Homebrew!
t-nooby

Post by t-nooby »

Code: Select all

$ /toolchain.sh
/toolchain.sh: line 73: gmake: command not found
/toolchain.sh: line 85: gpatch: command not found
--00:21:28--  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/binutils/binutils-2.16.tar.gz
           => `binutils-2.16.tar.gz'
Resolving ftp.gnu.org... 199.232.41.7
Connecting to ftp.gnu.org[199.232.41.7]:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD /pub/gnu/binutils ... done.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR binutils-2.16.tar.gz ... done.
Length: 16,377,304 (unauthoritative)

100%[====================================>] 16,377,304   144.53K/s    ETA 00:00
what am i waitin for now