UMD use instead of swap MS

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

While we're on the subject, I require people to test if hitting a psp with a rock repeatedly will eventually 'crack' it. I'm not sure what version this 'crack' will require, but testing has shown that at least 100% of the PSPs already sold support this 'crack' technique.

Hopefully Sony won't release a patch as this 'crack' would be very easy for even a layman to do.

For the humor impaired, monkeys tend to beat on things with rocks to figure them out, these umd/ms swap folk are doing something just about as useful. A blinking light doesn't mean that its trying to continue loading the UMD from the memorystick no matter how much you want it to be true...

...but, they're free to try just as we're free to throw popcorn at them until we're bored and go pick on the rhinos instead.
alarix

Post by alarix »

Nice Simpsons reference. :)
jamima69

Post by jamima69 »

all i know is,not everyone was lucky enough to get their hands on a 1.0 psp - most persons in the u.s. are stuck with 1.50. (if you upgraded from there,well,that's a whole nother subject) and all of this superior talk about crappy vb apps and ego fondling by pspdev ignore one simple fact.

they made it work.

is it elegant, or the most efficient solution,as most programmers seem to have a fetish for? nope. but it works-so all the persons who were screwed out of homebrew on their psp now have an alternative. if they feel the need to drum up fanfare for themselves,screw it,they earned it. all the tool chains and programming tools and whatever else has been done by the folks at this site is necessary too of course,and all proper respects-but thanks to pspdev,i actually care about that stuff now as something more than an intellectual excercise.

i would honestly think more folks would be happy about this,but i seem to see a whole lot of sour grapes here instead of congratulations happening.

edit-

and btw oopo,you last post reminded me why i haven't bothered to read this board in months. i get the feeling you're angry at a lot more than noobs posting stupid questions.
0xdeadface

Post by 0xdeadface »

I think you forget one thing. The people that were serious about dev-ing made sure to get a 1.0 so couldn't care less about 1.5 being 'cracked'.

In fact, they might even regret it got cracked as it moved a whole new breed of coders in here....the ones asking what C is.

0xdf
Saotome

Post by Saotome »

jamima69 wrote: and btw oopo,you last post reminded me why i haven't bothered to read this board in months. i get the feeling you're angry at a lot more than noobs posting stupid questions.
i get the feeling you're just not used to oopo's humour ;P
and i think you missed the topic of this thread
infj
jamima69

Post by jamima69 »

you're quite right,but thats kind of my point-if this site wants to be members only,(only "serious" dev folks need apply) just make it that way-nothing wrong with that,not one bit. but that hasnt happened,and i don't think it will-because even most monkeys know that if you close off your site to new ideas and fresh perspectives,then you're just hurting yourself in the long run.

that said of course,a lot of people are happier making fun of those that don't have the same knowledge that they do,or don't have the time,brains or resources to attain the same level of knowledge. those who just won't try,have at em,but not everyone is like that.

'shrugs'

edit- SAOTOME-if that's humor,then battery acid would make a good face peel-and maybe i did miss the point,and if so,my bad.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Yeah, time to wrap things up, as the thread has gotten off-topic. I suppose that's my fault. I apologize for starting a minor skirmish. I still hold the opinion that the 1.50 'swaploit' was handled sloppily and with immaturity from the beginning to its release. If anyone feels the need to carry this discussion any further, you can PM me.

But swapping a UMD with a memory stick? Good Lord.

Locked.
"He was warned..."