Elf to PBP convertor v0.3

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Grover

Post by Grover »

I have a Jap original PSP too ..but with v1.5.. no elf.. so I chucked in a JPG.. guess what.. got exactly the same results as subbie.. The data also (from the files that are packed together) are all based on the update file anyway.. this appears very much like just a copy of what alot of people have already done.. with the modifying of the install EBOOT.PBP from v1.5..

Heres a screeny - sorry about the horrible snap.. I have a crap camera :-)
before..

http://www.gagagames.com/Files/psp_snappy1.jpg
after running...
http://www.gagagames.com/Files/psp_snappy2.jpg

Last edited by Grover on Thu May 05, 2005 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bye.
SkyPanther

Post by SkyPanther »

gandalf the grey wrote:Sorry I'm a n00b, but what can you do with an "elf" file?
Can you run all kinds off homebrew software? Like emulators?
ELF is to Linux/Unix/FreeBSD(any POSIX/SysV) as EXE is for DOS/Windows
subbie

Post by subbie »

Grover wrote: after running...
http://www.gagagames.com/Files/psp_snappy2.jpg
Grover, Did you have a disc in your drive bay when you got this error or was it empty?
Hazuki

Post by Hazuki »

ok, im pretty stupid so i dont know where to get a suitable .elf or how to make one, but i do have a v1.00 jap psp. if this is allowed could someone send me it and i'll try and get a vid of it doing whatever it does. if im not allowed to ask for this im sorry, but i didnt know, i dont know if this has copyright code in it or what. apologies for ignorance.

is this one of those monkey island hacks? or the real deal with potential for extraordinary things.
gandalf the grey

Post by gandalf the grey »

SkyPanther wrote:
gandalf the grey wrote:Sorry I'm a n00b, but what can you do with an "elf" file?
Can you run all kinds off homebrew software? Like emulators?
ELF is to Linux/Unix/FreeBSD(any POSIX/SysV) as EXE is for DOS/Windows
If this works then we will be able to get almost anything on the PSP :)
I think that update 2.0 is around the corner and I guess that then everyone with a 1.50 firmware can use this too?
Fly you fools...
cyod

Post by cyod »

I think that update 2.0 is around the corner and I guess that then everyone with a 1.50 firmware can use this too?
I think you misunderstand. All this program is doing is taking any file you want, and putting it inside known headers just to make it show up on the psp when you go to the 'games' tab.

This file in no way creates runnable binaries. The only reason why it was even released is because there is the 'rumor' that japanese psps with version 1.00 firmware can run any binary, instead of just encrypted ones.

Personally, I have not seen enough proof to fully believe this is the case, it simply makes no sense as allowing any unencrypted binary to run would completely defeat the purpose of encrypted binaries...

What I'm trying to say is that this program will NOT be supporting version 1.50 firmware; the only reason that it would even work on the 1.00 firmware is because of some insanely major oversight in the firmware that completely removes the known security on the psp.
Grover

Post by Grover »

Yeah, this is all complete bs - whats annoying is it is the same old trick people have done time and time again.. already.. with the installer EBOOT.PBP file.. just ignore this stuff.. its not worth the time waste..
Bye.
SkyPanther

Post by SkyPanther »

Grover wrote:Yeah, this is all complete bs - whats annoying is it is the same old trick people have done time and time again.. already.. with the installer EBOOT.PBP file.. just ignore this stuff.. its not worth the time waste..
On a 1.00JP version it fails to boot with a 80020148 error.
Shazz

Post by Shazz »

ELF2PBP patched ?

I saw thar some japanese developpers seem to use a patched version of ELF2PBP which is able to embed and add to the SFO some PNG files...

Is it available somewhere ?

In the same kind of topic if someone is interested by my windows/cygwin version of outpatch which handles the ModuleName as a parameter (as I did not find it anywhere), just pm me...
- TiTAN Art Division -
http://www.titandemo.org
Shazz

Post by Shazz »

Ok :D

So I did it... so if someone if interested in (for windows/cygwin, easily portable) :
- outpatch.exe with ModuleName support (something else than HelloWorld)
- elf2pbp.exe with custom ICON0.PNG support (either if Loser's manga girl is cute)

Just ask me (sources + exe)
- TiTAN Art Division -
http://www.titandemo.org