Giving up on PSP...For now

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

PSPGuy

Giving up on PSP...For now

Post by PSPGuy »

Well after going through too many PSPs, I've given up for now. I couldn't find a single one that didn't have a wireless problem, a pixel problem, or a problem in general. I'm a Sony guy all the way, and I'm really disappointed at the quality here. I'm in my 30s and make really good money. 250 is a lot to throw down for a game. You should get and deserve high quality. Maybe in 3-6 months they'll have their problems worked out.
DrEggman

Post by DrEggman »

Just out of curiosity, what kind of wireless issues did you have?
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

How many PSPs have you gone through? Perhaps just a string of bad luck? A friend of mine had the same issues with motherboards for computers. Everyone he bought, no matter where he bought it, didn't work.

My PSP seems to be working normally. Granted there are some dead pixels and maybe even a little dust trapped under the top cover because the shape of one of these pixels is a little weird, but I am not too keen on messing with my PSP just yet.
PSPGuy

Post by PSPGuy »

DrEggman wrote:Just out of curiosity, what kind of wireless issues did you have?
One unit had really bad latency. Almost 100 ms pinging from a wired pc to my PSP. Most of the others I tested were under 10ms. That's what I feel the norm should be.