Cross Region Compatibility

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

beatwho

Cross Region Compatibility

Post by beatwho »

I have a friend coming over from Australia and hes worried about how well the games play wireless across region, which got me thinking about it. Its general knowledge that you can put a US game into a JP psp but are there any problems playing japanese games with US games? ridge racer for example? Ive heard of ridge racer problems on xlink, is that restricted to xlink? Ive also heard that namco museum's game sharing function works without any problems (ooPo?) between JP and US psps. Has anybody come across any problems with this?

Please post any cross region gaming youve tried and whether it worked or not, Id be interestested to see if there are actually problems with playing wireless across regions, being a portable device and all.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I have two japanese models, so I can't really comment on that directly.

However, I've been playing wipeout with people on xlink kai, and most of them had us versions of the psp. So, there's no problem talking between two different region units.

But I've heard that the japanese version of Ridgeracer will not play with the us version. That's about all I've heard about cross-region software.
M2

Post by M2 »

.... wouldn't it have more to do with the game, and not the unit?

I was playing Wi-fi Tony Hawk (US version) in my Japanese unit against my friend with his US version in his US unit. No problems at all.
M2.
beatwho

Re: Cross Region Compatibility

Post by beatwho »

yes i'm talking about games... not psps
beatwho wrote:but are there any problems playing japanese games with US games?