What do you recommend?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

coolkehon

What do you recommend?

Post by coolkehon »

i tried oslib(mod) and it works good then i tried SDL it has alot of features and libraries but its slow very slow i got 17 frames a second for what i'm trying to do because i have to have several surfaces drawn and cant access it through the gu in a prx

so what do you recomment i try next pspgl or pspgu and i need to be able to draw to the gl or gu from a prx is there some way i can do this because there are way to many functions to export in order to be able to do this
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

by the way how complete is pspgl and will i be able to use the utility dialog or not
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

Do you have try the execelent tri library from raphael ?
it is a great library.
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

what i'm working on is going to have to be able to do alot of stuff and i will be needing access directly to gu at certain times and i believe that tri blocks alot of that
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

tri can do a lot of stuf and you can also get direct access to gu do you have try
the sample present in the tri.
i have develloped homebrew in sdl,try and oslib and my preference goes to

1>tri i lkike the memory management to detect memory leaks
i like how raphael handles bitmap greater dans 480x272 etc...
2>oslib very good library also
3> sdl (very slow indeed the mouse interface not implemented) but great if you want to port some existing sdl programs
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

i might try it but i was trying to get closer to the hardware but my main problem is that my main app wont be the only thing drawing and my prx's are going to need some way to draw to the screen any suggestion besides exporting functions because i would have to export way to many function like a whole libraries worth just to do it and i have to worry about me calling a load image function and it allocating from the wrong heap and it crashes when i try to modify some parts of memory that was allocated on another heap using malloc

alot i know but any ideas

edit: looked a triengine's doc looks nice but gonna need more than what it has i think i wanna do it using the gu or gl but i want to know if i can use the utility dialog on the gl does anyone know

edoit2: i looked at the status and pspgl seems very incomplete so i guess i'll be using the gu probably write my own c++ library