Direct Audio Input?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

poorkingz

Direct Audio Input?

Post by poorkingz »

I was thinking that it would be easy and cool to combine headphones, the remote cable, and an audio cable together so I could send audio directly to the PSP for say, online games and skype. Do you think this would be dangerous at all? And does anyone have a I/O map of the remote plug?
poorkingz

Post by poorkingz »

After some research I found out the brown wire is for mic input but is this safe? I'm concerned about the added power from the audio source.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

There are threads in the forum about the port on the Phat and Slim (they are different). The PSP is designed to handle headphone out and microphone in at the same time... that's what the SOCOM/Skype headset is - a microphone and stereo headphones. Since it requires the remote, it's actually doing serial, audio in, and audio out all at the same time. Now all we need is video out added to that. :)
jean

Post by jean »

Well, an audio in connection usually expects a variable voltage ranging from -1v to +1v, while a microphone one expects resistence or capacitance variation. Since (for Ohm's law) V=RI, it is usually safe to connect a line-out to a mic-in through the use of a serie resistor. However, if you want things to be done the right way, the buzzword is "optoisolator".