New To PSP Coding. Please help me on my way!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

colourcode

New To PSP Coding. Please help me on my way!

Post by colourcode »

Hi everyone, i have just joined this website while my psp toolchain is setting up zzzzzzzzzz....

anyway, i am new to coding on psp, i do understand the principles of it like everything has to be told what to do and i can write bbcode, html etc (WHICH IS SIMPLE I KNOW :D) and i would like to know how long these programs take to write, i have a CFW PSP (OBVIOUSLY) and would just like to know some tips off you guys as to how i should go about writing my first simple program that will get me on my feet and help me understand everything (C++ etc)

I hope to hear from you soon and would also LOVE to hear about new developments that are out!!!!!!

thanks for your time - Colourcode
PSP Coding total n00b Please Help!!!!!!!!
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

Knowing BBCODE and HTML has nothing to do with coding for your psp.

First you have to learn the principals of C and then mayby C++

When you understand C/C++ you can take a look at the simple basic tutorials at this site:
www.psp-programming.com (sometimes the site doesn't show up. Try again in a couple of minutes if it happends to you)
psp-programming also has a better forum for beginners than this one.

How long it takes to write a program depends on the skills of the programmer (coding/logic thinking/etc) , complexity of the program you want to write , etc.

Some simple programs i write on requests somethimes take only 10 minutes to write. Others (like the enormous game a am coding atm has token 2 weeks already) Can take op to several months.

Code: Select all

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}
colourcode

Post by colourcode »

yes i understand it has nothing to do with it i was just saying you know that i understand that things have to be written to work.

Thanks for you help and would you recommend Google for learning C++

Im using cygwin btw

and im ok with cmd.

thanks-colourcode
PSP Coding total n00b Please Help!!!!!!!!
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

if you are a total c++ noob you can start with this:
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
I actually think you are not ready to program for the psp since you have no experience with C or C++. It's beter to start with some basic windows/linux/mac (dunno what you are using) console programming.

Code: Select all

int main(){
     SetupCallbacks();
     makeNiceGame();
     sceKernelExitGame();
}