About RM/RMVB player on psp.NEED HELP!!!

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

weiyiguo

About RM/RMVB player on psp.NEED HELP!!!

Post by weiyiguo »

In 2006,a chinese psp enthusiast developed a RM/RMVB mediaplayer that called Reality,the last version is reality 0.01 alpha6,and he didn't update it now.It's very imperfect, and plays RM/RMVB file too slowly,it doesn't use VME.
(You can download it from
http://down.cngba.com/psp/pspsoft/media ... 9632.shtml
Image)
So I tried to play RM/RMVB on my psp2000 in other ways,eg:runnig mac os 8.1 on psp with BasiliskII,then running realplayer for mac;running Windows98 on psp with DOSBOX,then running realplayer for windows on it.But they all failed.
You know,98% video downloaded from website are RM/RMVB in china and psp playing RM/RMVB is so important as psp3000 Crack here.

So,could anyone here develop a RM/RMVB Player for psp?THX
Wally

Post by Wally »

Is there a problem with converting from RM files to Mp4?

I think that there's more important formats to be worried about than RealMedia IMHO.

If you want it that badly, go code it yourself =)
longjoel

Post by longjoel »

realmedia is a dead proprietary format. I agree, you energies would be better spent converting your library to mp4 or something along those lines.
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

No man, you didnt understand what I mean and the situation here.
Converting a 100min RMVB movie files to Mp4 will cost me 100 minutes almostly,or even more! It's so bother. And what make matters worse,all your favorite videos downloaded are RMVB.
THE ONLY VIDEO FORMAT IN CHINA IS REALMEDIA,YOU WILL COLLAPSE WHEN YOU WANT TO WATCH VIDEO ON YOUR PSP HERE.
So,that means a RMVB player for psp is much useful then any other homebrew in millions of psp players' mind.
I just hope a kindhearted programming genius here is interesting in it and do the project
Last edited by weiyiguo on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wally

Post by Wally »

weiyiguo wrote:No man, you didnt understand what I mean and the situation here.
Converting a 100min RMVB movie files to Mp4 will cost me 100 minutes almostly,or even more! It's so bother. And what make matters worse,all your favorite videos downloaded are RMVB.
THE ONLY VIDEO FORMAT IN CHINA IS REALMEDIA,YOU WILL COLLAPSE WHEN YOU WANT TO WATCH VIDEO ON YOUR PSP HERE.
So,that means a RMVB player for psp is much useful then any other homebrew in millions of psp players' mind.
I just hope a kindhearted programming genius here is interesting in it and do the project
By the time its made, you'll have all your videos converted.

Besides, if its 100 minutes for an movie to be converted, there's something wrong with your computer or program you are using to me, it should take like 15 - 30 minutes (thats without Elgato Turbo Stick .h264) I suggest using the XVID4PSP converter http://www.winnydows.com/, that is if it supports the RMVB file.

Basilisk II, maybe you are using an too new of version of realplayer.

There's a problem, 95% of us aren't Chinese. What sites use RMVB these days?
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

OK,man,you are right.I will solves it with the other method.
I guess you must be feeling very inconceivable while you heard of the importance status of RealMedia format in some other country's IT sphere.
Wally

Post by Wally »

weiyiguo wrote:OK,man,you are right.I will solves it with the other method.
I guess you must be feeling very inconceivable while you heard of the importance status of RealMedia format in some other country's IT sphere.
If we had some sorta source code then perhaps this could be persued but we don't have that source code :/
hlide

Post by hlide »

Wally4000 wrote:There's a problem, 95% of us aren't Chinese. What sites use RMVB these days?
huh, when he said "millions of psp players' mind", he means Chinese people. And yes, it sounds as if Chinese people don't have the best access to Internet : mainly a slow phone modem instead of an ADSL or digital cable modem. No wonder they would be stuck with RM. Precisely, Chinese websites use RMVB these days.
cooleyes

Post by cooleyes »

hlide wrote:
Wally4000 wrote:There's a problem, 95% of us aren't Chinese. What sites use RMVB these days?
huh, when he said "millions of psp players' mind", he means Chinese people. And yes, it sounds as if Chinese people don't have the best access to Internet : mainly a slow phone modem instead of an ADSL or digital cable modem. No wonder they would be stuck with RM. Precisely, Chinese websites use RMVB these days.
I am in China, here, most of us use ADSL or more high speed network.

Because some Chinese websites still use RMVB, so someone want the psp can support RMVB.
cooleyes

Post by cooleyes »

是吗?真的吗?
为什么我下载的节目都不是RMVB呢?
hlide

Post by hlide »

cooleyes wrote:I am in China, here, most of us use ADSL or more high speed network.
Good to hear, so RM is clearly anachronous.
ctszy

Post by ctszy »

Em, I'd say it's quite hard to read articles in such fontsize...
Anyway, it wont cost too much time to do the conversion :)
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

hlide wrote:
NO,MAN.
YOU CAN NOT FIND ANYONE USE phone modem TO ACCESS INTERNET IN CHINA .WE USED ADSL & digital cable modem INSTEAD OF IT MANY YEARS AGO.
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

cooleyes wrote:
是吗?真的吗?
为什么我下载的节目都不是RMVB呢?
是用下载工具下的吗?
是个中国人都知道在这里的视频资源几乎全是RMVB格式、在中国不支持RMVB的MP3/MP4几乎买不出去等等。我硬盘还有130G的RMVB电影没看。
hlide

Post by hlide »

weiyiguo wrote:NO,MAN.
YOU CAN NOT FIND ANYONE USE phone modem TO ACCESS INTERNET IN CHINA .WE USED ADSL & digital cable modem INSTEAD OF IT MANY YEARS AGO.
well, that's a great news, but i don't like your tone. It sounds aggressive to me. Avoid those capitalized words here. Anyway, don't expect a hardware RM codec so much. The only hardware codecs you can expect in homebrew players are what Sony offers and I doubt Sony wants to encourage piracy in China through a RM codec. Besides, no one here can make a hardware codec through VME so I guess you'll find nobody to realize your dream. RM should really be got rid of.
willow :--)

Post by willow :--) »

I thought new RM streams where in h264 ? Wouldn't there be a very easy way to just change the RM container into something compatible with the PSP ? I mean, changing only the container, and not having to "really" reencode the stream itself ?

Does somebody know why RM is so popular in china ? It is clear that this format brings nothing, but there must be a reason why it's so popular over there. Hardware players maybe ?
cooleyes

Post by cooleyes »

weiyiguo wrote:
cooleyes wrote:
是吗?真的吗?
为什么我下载的节目都不是RMVB呢?
是用下载工具下的吗?
不好意思,我是中国人
但我没有发现这里都全是RMVB格式的电影
我家里,上T的电影,可没有一部是RMVB的
Wally

Post by Wally »

转到cooleyes !
cooleyes

Post by cooleyes »

willow :--) wrote:I thought new RM streams where in h264 ? Wouldn't there be a very easy way to just change the RM container into something compatible with the PSP ? I mean, changing only the container, and not having to "really" reencode the stream itself ?

Does somebody know why RM is so popular in china ? It is clear that this format brings nothing, but there must be a reason why it's so popular over there. Hardware players maybe ?
I don't think RM is popular in china.
maybe some encode org use RMVB to encode some Japanese TV and Hongkong TV.
But more and more org to use AVC to do same thing

I am trying to found out how to use psp HW to decode 480P avc, :p
Rinrin

Post by Rinrin »

as I know, ffmpeg project has been released their RV30/RV40 decoder.
If anyone can port it to PSP, that's good for these RMVB users.
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

hlide wrote:
weiyiguo wrote:NO,MAN.
well, that's a great news, but i don't like your tone. It sounds aggressive to me. Avoid those capitalized words here. Anyway, don't expect a hardware RM codec so much. The only hardware codecs you can expect in homebrew players are what Sony offers and I doubt Sony wants to encourage piracy in China through a RM codec. Besides, no one here can make a hardware codec through VME so I guess you'll find nobody to realize your dream. RM should really be got rid of.
sorry for my impolite.maybe i expressed my view in a hurry with poor english and i didnt have any idea to offend you or something like that.
i agree with you.
there is a tragedy that almost every chinese psp owners(i'm just one if them ) really want to psp support RMVB but it maybe never come about.
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

cooleyes wrote:
weiyiguo wrote:
cooleyes wrote: 是吗?真的吗?
为什么我下载的节目都不是RMVB呢?
是用下载工具下的吗?
不好意思,我是中国人
但我没有发现这里都全是RMVB格式的电影
我家里,上T的电影,可没有一部是RMVB的
我完全相信你说的。
但我同时也觉得非常奇怪和吃惊你为什么会说RMVB在中国不流行,迅雷和电驴的资源大部分是RMVB。你可以去看看百度官方怎么说RMVB的流行度,官方通常还保守但是也写上”。。。到如今,可能每一位电脑使用者(或许就包括正在阅读这篇文章的您)电脑中的视频文件,超过80%都会是RMVB格式。。。“
http://baike.baidu.com/view/8680.htm
cooleyes

Post by cooleyes »

weiyiguo wrote:
cooleyes wrote:
weiyiguo wrote: 是用下载工具下的吗?
不好意思,我是中国人
但我没有发现这里都全是RMVB格式的电影
我家里,上T的电影,可没有一部是RMVB的
我完全相信你说的。
但我同时也觉得非常奇怪和吃惊你为什么会说RMVB在中国不流行,迅雷和电驴的资源大部分是RMVB。你可以去看看百度官方怎么说RMVB的流行度,官方通常还保守但是也写上”。。。到如今,可能每一位电脑使用者(或许就包括正在阅读这篇文章的您)电脑中的视频文件,超过80%都会是RMVB格式。。。“
对不起,请你不要动不动就代表全部的中国人
我,还有我身边的朋友,我们大部分的资源的的确确不是RMVB
我下载的港剧,美剧,日剧,电影基本都是mkv封装的avc,也有avi封装的xvid,当然还有高清的remux
当然,我的朋友也有看动画的,应该有部分是rmvb的
我只能说,你所看到的,并不代表就是全部
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

willow :--) wrote:I thought new RM streams where in h264 ? Wouldn't there be a very easy way to just change the RM container into something compatible with the PSP ? I mean, changing only the container, and not having to "really" reencode the stream itself ?

because size of RMVB files is smaller than some other format with same definition,it's more suitable for people spreading videos on internet,and some others reasons.
i find a interesting thing:if your scan "RMVB" with google.com,the wikipedia will tell you "Why it isn't more popular".but if you scan "RMVB" with baidu.com or google.cn,the baidu encyclopedia will explain why RMVB is so popular on internet now with thousands of words!!!
weiyiguo

Post by weiyiguo »

cooleyes wrote:
weiyiguo wrote:
cooleyes wrote: 不好意思,我是中国人
但我没有发现这里都全是RMVB格式的电影
我家里,上T的电影,可没有一部是RMVB的
我完全相信你说的。
对不起,请你不要动不动就代表全部的中国人
我只能说,你所看到的,并不代表就是全部
朋友,你可能误会了,我完全没有”代表全部的中国人“等之类的意思。
我从会上网起到现在我看过的电影/电视剧大部分是RMVB的,当然也有AVI,WMV等等。我身边的朋友电脑里大部分也是RMVB,我并不是挑着下RMVB,而是我几乎不能避免它。遇过不少人买PSP之前都会问到是否支持RMVB,买后逛PSP论坛里我也发现大家都比较关心RMVB的事。旁边的朋友买了一个播放器,大家都会问到支持RMVB等话题。网上的确很多你所说的视频格式。可能是你喜欢高清之类的,或者我们下载的来源完全不一样。我表达的的确扩张片面了点。
tiagojpavan

Post by tiagojpavan »

weiyiguo wrote:
cooleyes wrote:
weiyiguo wrote: 我完全相信你说的。
对不起,请你不要动不动就代表全部的中国人
我只能说,你所看到的,并不代表就是全部
我从会上网起到现在我看过的电影/电视剧大部分是RMVB的,当然也有AVI,WMV等等。我身边的朋友电脑里大部分也是RMVB,我并不是挑着下RMVB,而是我几乎不能避免它。遇过不少人买PSP之前都会问到是否支持RMVB,买后逛PSP论坛里我也发现大家都比较关心RMVB的事。旁边的朋友买了一个播放器,大家都会问到支持RMVB等话题。网上的确很多你所说的视频格式。可能是你喜欢高清之类的,或者我们下载的来源完全不一样。我表达的的确扩张片面了点。
You two really like to quote each other, huh?
LOL
Umin

Post by Umin »

tiagojpavan wrote:
weiyiguo wrote:
cooleyes wrote: 对不起,请你不要动不动就代表全部的中国人
我只能说,你所看到的,并不代表就是全部
You two really like to quote each other, huh?
LOL
well,
here's a bigger...
And I dont like heard about Chinese people's like,here.that's boring...