[Idea] Windows Mobile on PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Pihas

[Idea] Windows Mobile on PSP

Post by Pihas »

Windows Mobile on PSP is any chances to port it to PSP? Emulated Mac, Emulated Win 98.... Can't this? Image

microsoft word, win media player...
jojojoris

Post by jojojoris »

You can run Win98 on your psp with dosbox. But it's more like a proof on concept because it runs verry slow and it isn't practical.

You can't port any microsoft products to your psp because it is not open-source and it uses the windows API wich is not availeble in the SDK.

The only thinh you can make is a Word viewer of something.
angelo

Post by angelo »

Windows is coded in C++ (XP) and C (Vista), so if the source ode was made avaliable, it shouldn't be too hard to port.

The best way to go around putting Windows on your PSP is to make a shell that's as good!
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

who want to put a virus on our excelent psp.
Wally

Post by Wally »

sauron_le_noir wrote:who want to put a virus on our excelent psp.
Idiots who want to run Windows Mobile...

WHATS THE FREAKING POINT OF HAVING WINDOWS ON A PSP.. EVEN IN A SHELL IS BAD ENOUGH..

Wally
sauron_le_noir

Post by sauron_le_noir »

With virus i mean windows It was a joke even a virus is better than windows because the virus work and windows not ;).
I don't like windows
i've passed from dos 3.x to os/2 to linux i've just a windows partition to play games (it's just good enough to do that)
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

No. WinCE requires an MMU.
angelo

Post by angelo »

iRShell for Gods sake! We have 5.XX kernel now! It's better than Vista!
jean

Post by jean »

What the hell...guys i'll start to think you're a bunch of crying schoolkids. Shame on you all enough for
1) asking an obviously very difficult and useless thing starting this crappy thing
2) saying b*******s about things you don't even know (OSes internals are hard to learn, don't ever think you are an XP-guru just because you setted your pagefile alone)
3) taking whatsoever excuse to start an "my OS is better than yours" flame
Seriously, guys: not the way to go. Anarchy is not the way and using linux or what the hell you like other than win won't necessarily make you an hacker. And no, a shell is not an OS, even if the author made it nice with a lot of images.
Shame, shame, shame.
adrahil

Post by adrahil »

crazyc wrote:No. WinCE requires an MMU.
Are you sure of this? Having looked at the latest WinCE 6 SDK, there seems to be a possibility to have no MMU for MIPS targets. (With most of the prebuilt binaries sadly becoming incompatible)
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

adrahil wrote:Are you sure of this?
Pretty sure. As far as I know, the Wince kernel has never been supported on a mmu-less arch.
coolkehon

Post by coolkehon »

i'm trying to do one but its alot of work and i keep starting over to make it better and keep running into errors cause i'm new at psp programming prx's is the problem other than that its ok gonna add in system programs like calculator and then let you load games and other things though the program like a shell