Shocking News

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dariusc123456

Shocking News

Post by Dariusc123456 »

I just heard that in the new firmware, will have a playstation store check to see if you have ofw, or cfw. Something that was like on the ps3, but different. They will remove it on the release after next. Hopefully, I might find away around this.
Kreationz

Post by Kreationz »

Current PSP firmware=No PSN Store
5.00+ OFW = PSN Store Access
5.00+ CFW = Maybe/Maybe Not

Me... I don't use the PSN Store. I download my demos elsewhere and rip my own PSX titles. So, why would I want PSN Store on my PSP and why should anyone care?
Ooblik

Post by Ooblik »

Because anyone who respects the PSP dev scene is against piracy... you cheap bastard:) lol
SilverSpring

Post by SilverSpring »

What?!?!? Sony trying to protect the PSP against piracy?!?!? SHOCKING NEWS indeed....

And devs here should care why?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Remember that this is a development site. We don't care as long as homebrew works. If that means doing without the PSN Store from my PSP, that's just too bad. I personally feel homebrew is worth more than ANYTHING Sony might offer through their store.
Rangu2057

Post by Rangu2057 »

exactly, whenever they update and come out with a OFW they feel like they make things better when in the end they cage in users from the freedom of enjoying their systems

and ive never used the PSN store either, takes too much of my time registering that i could be wasting elsewhere. Personally i dont give a rats ass about it T-T
the questions of today are awnswered by the blood and bullets of tomorrow! ---EagleEye--- (Socom FTB2)
Wally

Re: Shocking News

Post by Wally »

Dariusc123456 wrote:I just heard that in the new firmware, will have a playstation store check to see if you have ofw, or cfw. Something that was like on the ps3, but different. They will remove it on the release after next. Hopefully, I might find away around this.
Im sure DAX will find a way around this!

Wally
Torch

Post by Torch »

On the PS2 DNAS could detect stuff that modchips hijacked.

On the PSP we practically have complete control of the OS thanks to CFW. It can be patched to return whatever info we want to the PSN.
PosX100

Re: Shocking News

Post by PosX100 »

Wally4000 wrote:
Dariusc123456 wrote:I just heard that in the new firmware, will have a playstation store check to see if you have ofw, or cfw. Something that was like on the ps3, but different. They will remove it on the release after next. Hopefully, I might find away around this.
Im sure DAX will find a way around this!

Wally
We don't need him at all ... Dariusc0123456789...N , will find a way...
I just heard that in the new firmware, will have a playstation store check to see if you have ofw, or cfw. Something that was like on the ps3, but different. They will remove it on the release after next. Hopefully, I might find away around this.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

I have modified the Psar Dumper to dump the 500.pbp . I will find away to patch this. Unless dax will ether modify the prx file, or make a file to bypass this by looping around this program.
Super Sheep

Post by Super Sheep »

Yeah...

You have no idea what you are saying, do you?
PosX100

Post by PosX100 »

Dariusc123456 wrote:I have modified the Psar Dumper to dump the 500.pbp . I will find away to patch this. Unless dax will ether modify the prx file, or make a file to bypass this by looping around this program.
Wow , you're really a$$ome (edit : whoops , i meant awesome)!!

Dax just got pOwned ...

Ok , lets get serious ...

You'll find a way to patch ... what?
Do you have any idea what are you talking about (let me guess : short answer : NO , long answer : Hell , NO . , unsigned long answer : ********* NO) ?
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

You want to to get real, so I am real. You dont know what I been doing behind the scene to get this damn information. I wasnt going to even post this out, because most of the people on this forum dont have any respect for me. I spent alot of money on things I am using, and yes, I know what I am doing. This is why I didnt release my product for the psp. I should just quite getting information , and just keep it to my damn self. I have alot of information, even on the new psp's, that not even anyone know about. I am risking my damn ass for the psp scene to get this information.
dot_blank

Post by dot_blank »

this topic is useless are we men or are mice, lets concentrate on avoiding playground tactics and allow creativity to blossum by creating a work around like devs should and forget this piracy, it resembles the argument men have with women on putting the toilet seat down and my thoughts are that its been far too long that we continue with these ancient problems when we can use the grey matter and create some change
10011011 00101010 11010111 10001001 10111010
angelo

Post by angelo »

You're forgetting that DAX made a plugin that tricks the firmware, plus, unless you're looking for specific modules, I don't think you can see if you're running CFW. Unless they decide to use kubridge.h!

I don't think Sony is that smart! Anywho, we have the PC and PS3 store!

Angelo
moonlight

Post by moonlight »

I doubt there is such check. M33 main file (systemctrl.prx) is done by now, and the psn seems to work for me fine, not that i've tested much, only videos and demos.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Sony have access to the psp, ofw, and cfw. This check happen during internet access on the playstation network. moonlight, trust me, if will take action. I dont lie, and I truely dont lie to you. You can believe me or not, but I got information thats past your point of view.
Insert_witty_name

Post by Insert_witty_name »

State your source or shut-up.

I'm afraid I'll go with moonlight's opinion over yours.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Insert_witty_name wrote:State your source or shut-up.

I'm afraid I'll go with moonlight's opinion over yours.
Ill goto jail if I release where it came from. Since no one want my help, can A mod respect my wish, and delete this post? not lock it, nor move it. but delete it.
angelo

Post by angelo »

I don't know about you guys... but I'd rather have a HEN'ed PSP than the PSN store...

Although I have to agree with IWN due to lack of evidence, however Dariusc123456 certainly seems sinceir about this all.

Anyway, if this is all true, can't a module check be done to check if the PSN store is running and then bypass it's check?

Even if Sony were to implament the idea, I think it'll be easy to crack.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

I wish I could prove this more without me getting in trouble. Can someone just delete this thread? Please, because I dont want anyone to goto jail because of me.
Rangu2057

Post by Rangu2057 »

alright the best thing we can do for now is get back on topic because this is getting real gay looking at a thread of people arguing T-T

@darius -> you already told us you were risking your ass and nobody will really believe you unless you actually POST up something from all the information you collected so get back to work if u are telling the truth. Idk if your telling the truth, but i dont really care either to be honest

@angelo -> well said ^.^

btw this is just my personal opinion so dont flame, no need for spam.
the questions of today are awnswered by the blood and bullets of tomorrow! ---EagleEye--- (Socom FTB2)
jean

Post by jean »

forgive my honesty, but the only shocking thing here seems to be your....well you know
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Dariusc123456 wrote:I wish I could prove this more without me getting in trouble. Can someone just delete this thread? Please, because I dont want anyone to goto jail because of me.
WTF..... No.... But I'll lock it..........