IR Learning Remote Really Not possible or Not investigated?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

KickinAezz

IR Learning Remote Really Not possible or Not investigated?

Post by KickinAezz »

I think one essential feature left on FAT PSP's is code learning capability.

Has this area been deeply and sufficiently been investigated? or are we blindly feeding on the rumour spread by someone who didn't know?
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.
jube

Post by jube »

its been done hasnt it ? thought there was a learning remote app already out there? Irshell rings a bell.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Nope. No learning remote programs. The PSP has the ability to output remote IR format, but not input it (as far as anyone knows). The only input is IRDA which is not even remotely (pun not intended) IR remote format.

If you could poll the IR input directly, it should be possible to make a learning app for remotes.
jube

Post by jube »

hi J.F, hows it going? :)

is that case of the functions not been discovered yet or that psp designers never intended the ir port to be used for anything other that IRDA input?.

Am just starting on subject myself, wandering weather to include IRDA into the ir capabilities of pspz v2, going to look if it will all fit on firmware, there are no end of code sample out there for remote apps, so prob will include both, should be no prob to auto-detect format.
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

SIRCS module has a struct for RAW IR data for output; thats already an old thing and figured out. sceIRDA_driver SHOULD have one for input too, to encapsulate that into IRDA format. This area Needs deep investigation. :(
jube

Post by jube »

sounds sensible ! Think your going to have to find phat owner with a passion for the IR port and some damn deep understanding of how to find those function stubbs, puts me out the picture on both counts ! :)
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

jube wrote:sounds sensible ! Think your going to have to find phat owner with a passion for the IR port and some damn deep understanding of how to find those function stubbs, puts me out the picture on both counts ! :)
I own phat myself. Wish I had MIPS forenrensic skills but far too basic for things like these.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

The Ir-Port are use during 1.0 and 1.50 to Please against other people. But now, since they have adhoc (Wireless PEER-TO-PEER) they dont need it anymore. Now if they put bluetooth on a psp, that would be great. But as I know, they wont.
jean

Post by jean »

SIRCS module has a struct for RAW IR data for output; thats already an old thing and figured out. sceIRDA_driver SHOULD have one for input too, to encapsulate that into IRDA format. This area Needs deep investigation. :(
I didn't investigate on PSP side, but i'm something like an infrared nerd! Sircs still need preambles that some other formats don't like....while in output you can simply prepend ad-hoc data to distance preamble from your real data, in acquisition the hardware detector is not even triggered if such a preamble does not exist. I _think_ detection is not possible. For this reason i was assembling a system working on microphone. If you're interested i can release something on this side.

jean
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

jean wrote:
I didn't investigate on PSP side, but i'm something like an infrared nerd! Sircs still need preambles that some other formats don't like....while in output you can simply prepend ad-hoc data to distance preamble from your real data, in acquisition the hardware detector is not even triggered if such a preamble does not exist. I _think_ detection is not possible. For this reason i was assembling a system working on microphone. If you're interested i can release something on this side.

jean
Yeah im intrested. More details? Works from sio port?
suloku

Post by suloku »

Learning codes on psp phat and using that learned codes to successfully output them as a remote (i.e.) would do is possible.

No app out there doesn't mean someone hasn't done it (but maybe not). Anyway it's not impossible, so if someone is in the mood and has the skills may be able to do it.
k!rk

Post by k!rk »

jube wrote:Irshell rings a bell.
No doubt about that, Ahman did it again. Just amazing.