PSP Final Fantasy VII 7 problems

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

andrewwan1980

PSP Final Fantasy VII 7 problems

Post by andrewwan1980 »

I made a single-EBOOT Final Fantasy 7 CD1 with popstation 3.03c. I am running it under 3.90M33-3 with popsloader 3.40. I also run with disc-speed normal. Everything works fine, until I get to Mt. Corel area. If I get a particular battle then the screen goes all garbled with multi-color pixels. One time I escaped the battle and the screen went back to normal. But usually the garbled battle remains garbled even after the battle.

Has anyone experienced this before?
jean

Post by jean »

i'll tell you before someone else's flame... people capable of good techincal skills here don't even know what you're speaking about. They (and i) know compilers, frameworks, sw platforms and they (and i) use psp for anything but games. I mean...anything but playing games.... maybe if pops developer comes out....
Murdock

Re: PSP Final Fantasy VII 7 problems

Post by Murdock »

andrewwan1980 wrote:I made a single-EBOOT Final Fantasy 7 CD1 with popstation 3.03c. I am running it under 3.90M33-3 with popsloader 3.40. I also run with disc-speed normal. Everything works fine, until I get to Mt. Corel area. If I get a particular battle then the screen goes all garbled with multi-color pixels. One time I escaped the battle and the screen went back to normal. But usually the garbled battle remains garbled even after the battle.

Has anyone experienced this before?
U know, this forum is for developing HOMEBREW and ppl. who have trouble doing so ... do u do homebrew? Do u have trouble with a self coded application for your PSP?

I'd recommend u head over to PSPISO.com, register and put ur question into one of their forums ... I think they even keep a list of PSX titles and their compatibility to the PSP's PSX Emulator.
dmonchild

Post by dmonchild »

lol, i can help with this one only because i've experienced this issue even though this is COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO PROGRAMMING

The problem is the image he dumped had errors, bad blocks boo hoo rip a new .bin and bust out popsconv and see if that does ya justice. anyways LOL @ the two guys above me like vultures! RAAAAAAW!! *swoop*
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Locked to avoid a thread spiraling down into the rude level of hell.