Basilisk II PSP Port (Mac Emulator)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

lex23

Post by lex23 »

J.F. wrote:
lex23 wrote:i've got 7.5.5 working.. but i have also mac os 8.img file...but i can''t install 8.. can you help me?
What problem are you having? Does it not boot? I suppose it's a CD. I was able to boot my 8.1 CD image and install to a hardfile last night.
it's only 28mb my image.. maybe it's wrong..

ok it's wrong.. a friend came with his cd.. i only need to make the iso right?
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

So how do I install Mac OS 8? I don't see anywhere to click to install it. And J.F. , nice job!! Good to see Basilisk PSP in progress.
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

can someone upload test 4 in sendspace , please ?

I can't dl anything from mediafire.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

siulmagic wrote:hmm my text is unreadable i got in 8 bit mode 640x480 60hz
using mac os 7.5

edit btw no matter what color deph it always looks black and white with every version iv tested

edit2: ok nvm i had to change setting inside mac in order to make it readable all is good now =D
:D

Yeah, there's a "color" button on the control panel. For some bizarre reason, Apple defaulted the Mac to grayscale.
jas0nuk wrote: Oh wow, just installed 8.1... works a charm :D
Could you add a button to accelerate the mouse movement?
Actually, I made the "slow" zone of the mouse larger because the Mac defaults to a REALLY slow mouse speed. Go into the control panel and set the mouse speed higher. Small movements of the stick will stay slow (needed to get to the point you want), while large movements of the stick will zip around the screen. Play with that a bit more and then we'll talk about how to adjust the mouse speed. :)
edit: Meh, in fact I will if I can get it to compile.
Oh! One thing I forgot since it wasn't my code... PUT

Code: Select all

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif
around the damn SDK includes from D_A!! For example, kubridge.h should be

Code: Select all

#ifndef __KULIBRARY__

#define __KULIBRARY__

#include <pspsdk.h>
#include <pspkernel.h>
#include <pspsysmem_kernel.h>
#include <pspctrl.h>

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" &#123;
#endif

/**
 * Functions to let user mode access certain functions only available in
 * kernel mode
*/

/**
  * Load a module using ModuleMgrForKernel.
  * @param path - The path to the module to load.
  * @param flags - Unused, always 0 .
  * @param option  - Pointer to a mod_param_t structure. Can be NULL.
  * @returns The UID of the loaded module on success, otherwise one of &#58;&#58;PspKernelErrorCodes.
 */
SceUID kuKernelLoadModule&#40;const char *path, int flags, SceKernelLMOption *option&#41;;

/**
  * Load a module with a specific apitype
  * @param apìtype - The apitype
  * @param path - The path to the module to load.
  * @param flags - Unused, always 0 .
  * @param option  - Pointer to a mod_param_t structure. Can be NULL.
  * @returns The UID of the loaded module on success, otherwise one of &#58;&#58;PspKernelErrorCodes.
  */
SceUID kuKernelLoadModuleWithApitype2&#40;int apitype, const char *path, int flags, SceKernelLMOption *option&#41;;

/**
 * Gets the api type
 * @returns the api type in which the system has booted
*/
int kuKernelInitApitype&#40;&#41;;

/**
 * Gets the filename of the executable to be launched after all modules of the api.
 * @param initfilename - String where copy the initfilename
 * @returns 0 on success
*/
int kuKernelInitFileName&#40;char *initfilename&#41;;

/**
 * Gets the device in which the application was launched.
 * @returns the device code, one of PSPBootFrom values.
*/
int kuKernelBootFrom&#40;&#41;;

/**
 * Get the key configuration in which the system has booted.
 * @returns the key configuration code, one of PSPKeyConfig values
*/
int kuKernelInitKeyConfig&#40;&#41;;

/**
 * Get the user level of the current thread
 * @return The user level, < 0 on error
 */
int kuKernelGetUserLevel&#40;void&#41;;

/**
 * Set the protection of a block of ddr memory
 * @param addr - Address to set protection on
 * @param size - Size of block
 * @param prot - Protection bitmask
 * @return < 0 on error
 */
int kuKernelSetDdrMemoryProtection&#40;void *addr, int size, int prot&#41;;

/**
 * Gets the model of the PSP from user mode.
 * This function is available since 3.60 M33.
 * In previous version, use the kernel function sceKernelGetModel
 * @return one of PspModel values
*/
int kuKernelGetModel&#40;void&#41;;

#ifdef __cplusplus
&#125;
#endif

#endif
Guess moonlight hates C++ as much as I do. ;)

edit 2: Wow, that was painful. xD Finally got it to compile then I ended up with an 80020148 error, probably because of the stuff I had to comment out. I really need to update my SDK.
Yes, I use the latest SDK, but part of the problem may be the issue above.
edit 3: Installed the win32 SDK from http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=9812, and copied over the 4.01 M33-2 SDK. Now it compiles fine until the end, where I get the error
Quote:
main_psp.cpp:(.text+0x11dc): undefined reference to `kuKernelGetModel()'

which makes no sense as -lpspkubridge is in the makefile, and in the libs directory. kuKernelGetModel is present inside it. :/
That's the DAMN C++... see above about the includes. Need to wrap them in C specifiers.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Dark Chazz wrote:can someone upload test 4 in sendspace , please ?

binary
source
jas0nuk

Post by jas0nuk »

Ah... makes sense. Now it compiles xD And thanks, I hadn't actually considered changing the mouse speed, I was just thinking about the acceleration thing from the original port. :p
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

hmm i cant find anything to make the mouse move faster in control panels maybe im looking in the rong place 0o
Dark Chazz

Post by Dark Chazz »

J.F. wrote:
Dark Chazz wrote:can someone upload test 4 in sendspace , please ?

binary
source
thank you.
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

siulmagic wrote:hmm i cant find anything to make the mouse move faster in control panels maybe im looking in the rong place 0o
Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?y0b2gezc9yg
Put it in you hardfiles folder in Basilisk folder. Then select it as an hardfile. It should show up as Mac HDD on desktop. Go Mac HDD>System Folder>Control Panel>Mouse There! You can change your cursor speed! But only one thing: it won't change the speed of moving the cursor right or down. That's a bug I believe. J.F. might fix that bug.
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

dennis96411 wrote:
siulmagic wrote:hmm i cant find anything to make the mouse move faster in control panels maybe im looking in the rong place 0o
Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?y0b2gezc9yg
Put it in you hardfiles folder in Basilisk folder. Then select it as an hardfile. It should show up as Mac HDD on desktop. Go Mac HDD>System Folder>Control Panel>Mouse There! You can change your cursor speed! But only one thing: it won't change the speed of moving the cursor right or down. That's a bug I believe. J.F. might fix that bug.
thx will do
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Here's test5. This one adds danzeff keyboard! YAY!! Now you can type in the Mac. No ctrl/opt/cmd yet. Press start to toggle danzeff on/off. Press right/left to move danzeff to the right/left bottom corner. Otherwise, it's regular danzeff.

MediaFire
binary
source

SendSpace
binary
source
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

well i downloaded doom sharware for mac and i decompresed it in windows then i moved it to the mac hdd that i made its 100mb, so i whent to basilisk when to the hdd opend the doom forlder and i cant run it says the application used to make it is not present something like that any ideas y is not running?

edit: also is it just me or is the mouse like moving on its own, i might be my joystick =/ it dosent happen in the psp web browser
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

siulmagic wrote:well i downloaded doom sharware for mac and i decompresed it in windows then i moved it to the mac hdd that i made its 100mb, so i whent to basilisk when to the hdd opend the doom forlder and i cant run it says the application used to make it is not present something like that any ideas y is not running?

edit: also is it just me or is the mouse like moving on its own, i might be my joystick =/ it dosent happen in the psp web browser
I have the full version of Doom for the Mac. I'll have to try it.

The joystick isn't calibrated. I simply look for values 32 or more away from the nominal center. If you have a REALLY sloppy joystick, that's why it's moving on it's own. 32 is INCREDIBLY sloppy, which is why that's the current dead zone. My own stick works fine with a dead zone of 16. I'll eventually add some joystick calibrating to the interface. Probably when I add the button remapping as well.
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

if i recall right there was something to recalibrate the psp joystick a homebrew i cant remember the name

edit: i found it its joysens but it does not work for 3.90 o well gues i hve to wait for the button remap release =)
Last edited by siulmagic on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

siulmagic wrote:if i recall right there was something to recalibrate the psp joystick a homebrew i cant remember the name
Yeah, there's a plugin that takes over the normal pad routines so that they can pass a calibrated stick with other options to games. I forget what it's called offhand.
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

i edited my post its called joysens but its no go for 3.90

last version made 1.3 was for 3.71
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

This is the best Mac emulator ever! And if you're bored, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMLt28n0-M O MY GOD Is sooooooooooooo FUNNY!!!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:This is the best Mac emulator ever! And if you're bored, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMLt28n0-M O MY GOD Is sooooooooooooo FUNNY!!!
That video has made it to three forums I frequent. It's really popular for some odd reason. ;)
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

J.F. wrote:
dennis96411 wrote:This is the best Mac emulator ever! And if you're bored, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMLt28n0-M O MY GOD Is sooooooooooooo FUNNY!!!
That video has made it to three forums I frequent. It's really popular for some odd reason. ;)
Hey J.F. , can you like make the network connecting come up when Mac want you to connect to internet? Like PSPTube, when you start the app it show a screen wanting you to connect to the internet. Can you make that screen come up when Mac want to connect to the internet, instead of changing it everytime in the menu? Oh, and if possible, can you make the menu come up when in Mac pressing SELECT+START? Lol, all just an opinion, you don't have to do it. Anyway, very nice job! Even the sounds work!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

dennis96411 wrote:
J.F. wrote:
Hey J.F. , can you like make the network connecting come up when Mac want you to connect to internet? Like PSPTube, when you start the app it show a screen wanting you to connect to the internet. Can you make that screen come up when Mac want to connect to the internet, instead of changing it everytime in the menu? Oh, and if possible, can you make the menu come up when in Mac pressing SELECT+START? Lol, all just an opinion, you don't have to do it. Anyway, very nice job! Even the sounds work!
All suggestions are welcome. At the moment, I use SELECT for the disk change menu and START for the OSK. I people think something else would be better, I'm all ears. I'm not sure if I can make the networking "on demand" - it's not the way B2 is written. I'll look into it - that does sound like an interesting way to handle it, I'm just not sure it can be done without a major rewrite.
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

dont forget bout the key remap and joystick deadzones XD
me joystick is alifee
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

siulmagic wrote:dont forget bout the key remap and joystick deadzones XD
me joystick is alifee
I won't. The button remap is on the list, and doing the stick stuff at the same time makes sense.

By the way, the sound DOES work. For some odd reason, the only alert sound you get is the simple beep, but I've run a diagnostic program and two games that use the Sound Manager and they all work fine with lovely sounding audio. The games are Arashi and Spectre. One caveat on those - the FPU emulation is not quite right. You can see that in the scroll bars in OS8 - the knob never moves. We saw that with the first version of FUSION PC... bad rounding and such. Anywho, some games won't work with bad FPU, Arashi and Spectre being two of those. However, if you switch the CPU emulation to an 030 without an FPU, the Mac uses its own software floating point libs (if your Mac rom supports that), which then works fine with those games (and the OS8 scroll bars). So if you run into some kind of error or crash, you might try that to see if it fixes the problem.

I did make one change to how the audio driver for the PSP handles the last block of audio to clean up some noise. That will go out in the next test version... probably tomorrow.
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F. wrote:
siulmagic wrote:dont forget bout the key remap and joystick deadzones XD
me joystick is alifee
I won't. The button remap is on the list, and doing the stick stuff at the same time makes sense.

By the way, the sound DOES work. For some odd reason, the only alert sound you get is the simple beep, but I've run a diagnostic program and two games that use the Sound Manager and they all work fine with lovely sounding audio. The games are Arashi and Spectre. One caveat on those - the FPU emulation is not quite right. You can see that in the scroll bars in OS8 - the knob never moves. We saw that with the first version of FUSION PC... bad rounding and such. Anywho, some games won't work with bad FPU, Arashi and Spectre being two of those. However, if you switch the CPU emulation to an 030 without an FPU, the Mac uses its own software floating point libs (if your Mac rom supports that), which then works fine with those games (and the OS8 scroll bars). So if you run into some kind of error or crash, you might try that to see if it fixes the problem.
Shufflepuck Cafe or stunt copter don't have sound..

Phrase Craze Plus doesn't work at all (Error -50)
I did make one change to how the audio driver for the PSP handles the last block of audio to clean up some noise. That will go out in the next test version... probably tomorrow.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The QuickTime sample that comes with OS8.1 is "The Old Apartment". It works fine with the CPU set to 030 (w/o FPU). It hangs if you try to use the FPU emulation. Definitely have to look at that sometime. I was rather astonished by how well it plays those old QT movies.

I'll be looking at a variety of games, but remember that unless they use the Sound Manager (they came out after 7.5 and targeted that OS), they won't have sound until I get around to adding Sound Driver and direct sound support.
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

oh nice i wana try quicktime i wonder if i can get it for 7.5
Wally

Post by Wally »

J.F - Im having some weird problem with the disk files..

Im seeing several of the same disk mounted on the desktop when i have not selected that many..

Any ideas?

Wally
siulmagic

Post by siulmagic »

btw JF any luck with doom?
Wally

Post by Wally »

Here's a sample of Homer 2.0 running with full sound..

http://www.68kshrine.net/temp/homer.avi

Enjoy!
dennis96411

Post by dennis96411 »

So J.F. , when is a new test build coming, I just love updates :P
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

siulmagic wrote:oh nice i wana try quicktime i wonder if i can get it for 7.5
Yes, you can. You'll have to hunt around, but it was commonly put on disks for other things (like games and demos and AOL and Netscape). Certain updates also came with QT, like my 7.5.5 update CD has QT on it.

I haven't tried Doom yet. I was checking other things last night.

@Wally4000 - love the video. :) I thought I cured that multiple drive issue a couple versions ago. It arises from the prefs file - if you look at it, you'll see more than one entry with the same file name. The way that used to happen was when the prefs were being generated, it wouldn't delete all the old entries for "disk" before adding the current entries, so you'd wind up with more than one entry for the same pref. I thought I took care of that. I'll have to check again. In the meantime, delete all entries for "disk" in the prefs and select the hardfile you want. You should only get one disk in the prefs. If it occurs again, let me know.