Installation problem with Cygwin / psptoolchain

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Alfarshear

Installation problem with Cygwin / psptoolchain

Post by Alfarshear »

Hi, I tried to install the psptoolchain under Cygwin with both the build available on the website and the lastest on SVN. I installed all the packages necessary including automake and I always get the following error message when running ./toolchain.sh :

Code: Select all

ERROR: Install automake before continuing.
../depends/check-automake.sh: Failed.
I've re-installed cygwin and with different versions of automake but it always failed. Also, I'm running Vista, thanks for the help.[/code]
Alfarshear

Post by Alfarshear »

UPDATE : I got it to work by hard linking automake-1.9 to automake (automake command didn't exist even after installing it). However, it fails 1 hour later :

EDIT : I hard linked aclocal-1.9 to aclocal, I'll post the results.
Alfarshear

Post by Alfarshear »

Got further, but it still fails. Any help would be appreciated.
Shapyi

Post by Shapyi »

I had the same problem building remotejoy with cygwin. If you aren't going to use it, look for it in the psplink make file and just comment it out.
Alfarshear

Post by Alfarshear »

Thanks, I removed psplinkusb from the script folder. It should work since it's the last script to run.
bluewetball

same prob

Post by bluewetball »

hey. so did u get it to work? im having the same problem. Mabey its vista? Well i havent tried to hardlink it yet. not too sure how, im new to linux but ill give it a try.
*Bizzle
Cpasjuste

Post by Cpasjuste »

I'm having the same problem on Windows Vista and latest cygwin, hard-linking automake and aclocal did not make the trick for me, the problem seems to occurs at the pspsdk stage 2 build.