[SOLVED]pspstub.s, where i can find it file?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ne0h

[SOLVED]pspstub.s, where i can find it file?

Post by ne0h »

I try to compile the Psar Dumper source, but the compiler don't find the pspstub.s file, and this file is not included in the source code, where I can find it?
Last edited by ne0h on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

Something wrong with your compiler/toolchain
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

??? I've the Heimdall win32 tollchain v.0.4

but, in the pspPSAR.s file there is this code:

#include "pspstub.s"

and this file there isn't in the source code, and i haven't find this file in my computer! many times ago i remember have this file but i've delete this file!
Can anyone upload this file or give me a link?
KickinAezz

Post by KickinAezz »

ne0h wrote:??? I've the Heimdall win32 tollchain v.0.4

but, in the pspPSAR.s file there is this code:

#include "pspstub.s"

and this file there isn't in the source code, and i haven't find this file in my computer! many times ago i remember have this file but i've delete this file!
Can anyone upload this file or give me a link?
Reinstall 0.61, the latest version
Intrigued by PSP system Since December 2006.
Use it more for Development than for Gaming.
hlide

Post by hlide »

again, this file is part of PSPSDK and not for the project you're trying to compile. So there is no reason you may find this file in your project.

The reason why your .S file cannot see pspstub.h is because of being not processed, #include is seen as a comment ("#" is like "//" for comment in .s file), so macros are not defined and you end with some errors. Once you use "-c -x assembler-with-cpp", this #include would be processed and would find this pspstub.h somewhere in a directory of pspsdk (exactly like an #include "stdio.h" in a .c file) and would define those missing macros and then your .S file would be successfully assembled.

Is that so difficult to understand ?

EDIT: so you deleted this file from PSPSDK !? why on earth did you need to do so ? it really makes no sense, seriously.
jean

Post by jean »

I begin to think that things we are answering are quite overkill: it makes no sense to speak about preprocessing, stubs, multiple modules, sdk versions etc.. etc... if it ends up that files are missing.........WHY on earth someone who cannot handle such things would mess up with a PSAR dumper?? If you end up with some homebrew, let me know...it will NEVER touch my PSP. I answered my best (hope i've not said too many bullshits :) ) ON FIVE OR SIX DIFFERENT TOPICS about the same problem that changes error messages and context every time!!!!! Personally i'm getting tired.
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

I've reinstall the toolchain and i've find the file, tanks at all!