prx modification project for usb storage device

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

PvP

prx modification project for usb storage device

Post by PvP »

summing it all up im pvp from acidmods and im working on a usb storage device. ive already got the device made but need to make a driver for it. ive taken usbcam.prx from the flash0 and i want to modify that driver to accept my new device.

if ne one has the expertise in the area of the modifying prx to something useful please help out
brin_vg

Re: prx modification project for usb storage device

Post by brin_vg »

PvP wrote:summing it all up im pvp from acidmods and im working on a usb storage device. ive already got the device made but need to make a driver for it. ive taken usbcam.prx from the flash0 and i want to modify that driver to accept my new device.

if ne one has the expertise in the area of the modifying prx to something useful please help out
Are you trying to make the PSP a USB host? If that's what you're trying to do, I'll tell you now, it's impossible.
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

Yup, the device that is connecting to the PSP (e.g. Go Cam) has to be a usb HOST.

Cloudy
:)
PvP

Post by PvP »

the device that i have is a usb host which i can manipulate to make it import a usb device from it.
brin_vg

Post by brin_vg »

PvP wrote:the device that i have is a usb host which i can manipulate to make it import a usb device from it.
Sounds interesting, used with usbhostfs could be very, very useful.

You're probably better looking at computer USB interface code than PSP client code, if I understand correctly.
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

Well, modifying a prx won't get you what you want - it isn't a simple hex, or even a hex at all. You'd need to write an entirely new driver, or use the existing usbhostfs on both the host device and the PSP.

Cloudy
PvP

Post by PvP »

so ur saying i should scrap the usbcam.prx and try and modify the usbhostfs?
Cpasjuste

Post by Cpasjuste »

Yup.
PvP

Post by PvP »

from my understanding usbhostfs is a pc driver that recognizes the psp as a sort of host but not really? how would u recommend doing this?
cloudhunter

Post by cloudhunter »

PvP wrote:from my understanding usbhostfs is a pc driver that recognizes the psp as a sort of host but not really? how would u recommend doing this?
I'm sorry, but it's obvious with what you're asking that you're way out of your depth.

However, you'd need to port the driver to the usb host device that you are using.

Cloudy
PvP

Post by PvP »

idk about that but i have been thinking of porting the usbhostfs to my ipod for a while now. but we'll see whats up with it.
Jim

Post by Jim »

ffs