dosbox

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

psp_sfdm

Post by psp_sfdm »

Hello crazyc,

Thank you for continuing your work on dosbox, but I have one question: When I go to the first page of your post, the link to your stat_trunc.c file don't work anymore. Do you know where I can get this file?

Also, do you know where I can get arwin's p-sprint and SDL (with 8-bit surface patch) files so that I can compile dosbox using your patch?

Thanks.
futaris

Post by futaris »

Also, what configure options are you using for dosbox?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

crazyc wrote:
J.F. wrote:The patch link on the first post isn't working any more. Is that because you're in the process of changing it to the latest? Or just a booboo? :)
The patch got so large that I'm gziping it now. I've fixed the link on the first page.
Okay. Thanks man!
Be3f

Post by Be3f »

Awesome update, GU buffer is really faster!
But how about porting the latest DosBox v0.70, instead of using old 0.60 as a base? v0,70 (for PC) has much higher capability, then 0.60!
00000110 00000110 00000110
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

psp_sfdm wrote:Hello crazyc,

Thank you for continuing your work on dosbox, but I have one question: When I go to the first page of your post, the link to your stat_trunc.c file don't work anymore. Do you know where I can get this file?

Also, do you know where I can get arwin's p-sprint and SDL (with 8-bit surface patch) files so that I can compile dosbox using your patch?

Thanks.
stat_trunc.c is part of pspdev now. You will need ftruncate from http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... cate#50683. P-sprint is at http://www.niwra.nl/psp/p-sprint-c/doc/index.htm but I use a simplifed version that i put at http://home.wi.rr.com/crazyz/simple_p-sprint.tar.gz. SDL is not needed anymore. There is one file missing from the patch that i've put at http://home.wi.rr.com/crazyz/renderpsp.h.
Also, what configure options are you using for dosbox?
The configure script will still look for sdl as I haven't bothered to fix it.

Code: Select all

configure --host=psp --with-sdl-prefix=<your sdl path>
db82

Speedball 2:Brutal Deluxe on the PSP

Post by db82 »

Anyone wanting to play Speedball 2:Brutal Deluxe on the PSP -

Once you get dosbox working, download Speedball2 from here

Before copying the files to your PSP, make sure you edit SB2.INI so it says Joystick instead of Keyboard
Last edited by db82 on Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
psp_sfdm

Post by psp_sfdm »

Be3f wrote:But how about porting the latest DosBox v0.70, instead of using old 0.60 as a base? v0,70 (for PC) has much higher capability, then 0.60!
See crazyc's response under Bluddy's on page 6 of this thread.

@crazyc: Thanks for the links. I hope to be able to build dosbox using these patch.
futaris

Post by futaris »

I must be missing something in my configure, since I keep getting:
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `me_cpu.o', needed by `libcpu.a'. Stop.
Cooleo

Mouse Support?

Post by Cooleo »

Hi, First Post :)

I love the DOS games, I was wondering, Where Can I download PBP? and when will there be Mouse Support? Dieing to get Windows 3.1 Running :P.

Thank You.

Cooleo
Please Help Me, Im a newbie :)
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

futaris wrote:I must be missing something in my configure, since I keep getting:
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `me_cpu.o', needed by `libcpu.a'. Stop.
That file is only needed if PSPME is defined, but it doesn't work due to severe cache coherency issues. Just create a dummy called me_cpu.c for now.
futaris

Post by futaris »

Ok. That's everything except for the new problem in SDL, in recent toolchains:

cpu/libcpu.a&#40;callback.o&#41;&#58; In function `default_handler&#40;&#41;'&#58;
callback.cpp&#58;&#40;.text+0x28&#41;&#58; undefined reference to `lastint'
callback.cpp&#58;&#40;.text+0x28&#41;&#58; relocation truncated to fit&#58; R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `lastint'
gui/libgui.a&#40;sdlmain.o&#41;&#58; In function `SDL_main&#40;int, char**&#41;'&#58;
sdlmain.cpp&#58;&#40;.text+0x310&#41;&#58; relocation truncated to fit&#58; R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `environ'

/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libc.a&#40;setsockopt.o&#41;&#58; In function `setsockopt'&#58;
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c&#58;293&#58; undefined reference to `sceNetInetSetsockopt'
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c&#58;296&#58; undefined reference to `sceNetInetGetErrno'
/usr/local/pspdev/psp/lib/libc.a&#40;setsockopt.o&#41;&#58; In function `getsockopt'&#58;
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c&#58;167&#58; undefined reference to `sceNetInetGetsockopt'
../../../../../../newlib/libc/sys/psp/socket.c&#58;170&#58; undefined reference to `sceNetInetGetErrno'
Any suggestions? http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=54609#54609 doesn't seem to fix it since it's in libgui.a.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

cpu/libcpu.a&#40;callback.o&#41;&#58; In function `default_handler&#40;&#41;'&#58;
callback.cpp&#58;&#40;.text+0x28&#41;&#58; undefined reference to `lastint'
callback.cpp&#58;&#40;.text+0x28&#41;&#58; relocation truncated to fit&#58; R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `lastint'
gui/libgui.a&#40;sdlmain.o&#41;&#58; In function `SDL_main&#40;int, char**&#41;'&#58;
sdlmain.cpp&#58;&#40;.text+0x310&#41;&#58; relocation truncated to fit&#58; R_MIPS_GPREL16 against `environ'
You'll have to set CXXFLAGS before running configure because it needs to contain -G0. I use "CXXFLAGS='-Os -msingle-precision-constant -frename-registers -ffast-math -G0 -finline -finline-limit=300 -fno-execptions -fno-rtti". Of course only -G0 is necessary, the optimization flags are good but I'm sure there are a better set.
poomex

Post by poomex »

crazyc thanks for a great homebrew application!

I have created custom pics for 1.5 EBOOT - there's a preview:
EBOOT preview

If anybody wants a pre-made 1.5 EBOOT based on 01/06/2007 binary by crazyc, compatible with 3.40OE firmware, with custom pics and DN 1.51:
1.5 EBOOT

Prince of Persia 2 and UGH! are working like a charm.

I've been trying to run Death Rally 1.1 Shareware - it loads pretty long, all the menus are working really fine, but after loading a new race some sprites are messed up and the game freezes - sometimes right away and sometimes after a few seconds.

Could you take a look at that game?
Wally

Post by Wally »

Good to see this project is ticking along very well!!

I wonder how well commander keen 4 runs now :)
BurnCycle

Post by BurnCycle »

Hi there.
I just started to use this, but i already got some problems...
First i tried to create a menu in a .bat file to choose what game i wanted to play, when i run the .bat file it says:
"IIIegal command: CHOICE"
The choice command can't be used in DosBox?
My second problem is with the game 7 Cities of Gold. I run the game he plays the intro, but after that i got the error:
"Exit to error: PIC:Unhandled command 80"
Anyone can help me?
Thnkz for this program... is fantastic! ;)
Wally

Post by Wally »

Supaplex is picking up in speed but still slow (as you said it would)

One thing i cant work out yet, Theme Park doesnt seem to be responsive with the mouse at all.. with or without batch settings..

Also some programs i have noticed the Enter key seems to be not responsive when its mapped.. (Jazz Jackrabbit setup)
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

poomex wrote: I've been trying to run Death Rally 1.1 Shareware - it loads pretty long, all the menus are working really fine, but after loading a new race some sprites are messed up and the game freezes - sometimes right away and sometimes after a few seconds.

Could you take a look at that game?
For me, the game crashes while loading even though it works fine on Windows. I'll look at it when I get a chance.
I just started to use this, but i already got some problems...
First i tried to create a menu in a .bat file to choose what game i wanted to play, when i run the .bat file it says:
"IIIegal command: CHOICE"
The choice command can't be used in DosBox?
My second problem is with the game 7 Cities of Gold. I run the game he plays the intro, but after that i got the error:
"Exit to error: PIC:Unhandled command 80"
Anyone can help me?
Thnkz for this program... is fantastic! ;)
Adding CHOICE from dosbox cvs should be possible. It looks like there is a fix for 7 cities there too.
Supaplex is picking up in speed but still slow (as you said it would)
It shouldn't be any faster then before, but the graphics should be fixed.
One thing i cant work out yet, Theme Park doesnt seem to be responsive with the mouse at all.. with or without batch settings..
I don't know. The Theme Park demo works fine with the mouse for me.
Also some programs i have noticed the Enter key seems to be not responsive when its mapped.. (Jazz Jackrabbit setup)
Haven't seen this. Any other examples? (I don't have Jazz Jackrabbit)
jason alicat

Post by jason alicat »

skyroads and jill of the jungle also seem to have problems when "enter" is mapped.
Wally

Post by Wally »

jason alicat wrote:skyroads and jill of the jungle also seem to have problems when "enter" is mapped.
Zigzackly!!

Oh BTW Crystal caves works well!!
poomex

Post by poomex »

crazyc wrote: For me, the game crashes while loading even though it works fine on Windows. I'll look at it when I get a chance.
It crashes for me as well, if I turn sound devices to false in dosbox.conf file - maybe that's the reason in your case.
Exenteth

re:

Post by Exenteth »

Hey, new here :)

I've been trying to get a game (Gods of Thunder) working in DOSbox.. and it does work - the problem is only in the new keymapping.. I'm using this .bat:
@ECHO OFF
INPUTMAP up up
INPUTMAP right right
INPUTMAP down down
INPUTMAP left left
INPUTMAP triangle space
INPUTMAP square lshift
INPUTMAP cross lctrl
INPUTMAP circle lalt
INPUTMAP start enter
INPUTMAP select esc
INPUTMAP exec got

got since the .exe to run the game is GOT.EXE - but I keep getting an invalid command error and the game doesn't run..
I have the .bat located directly in the C:\ declared by dn at bootup, and the game itself I've tried putting it many places.. directly into the C:\ also, in its own C:\GOT folder.. everywhere really ><
What'd I do wrong?
Thanks
Wally

Post by Wally »

the bat file must be in the same dir as the game for it to work
Exenteth

re:

Post by Exenteth »

Tried that too.. instead I get "Error: Unknown command line switch "GOT""
Wally

Post by Wally »

I'll have a shot tonight.
Be3f

Post by Be3f »

psp_sfdm wrote:
Be3f wrote:But how about porting the latest >>DosBox v0.70, instead of using old 0.60 as a base? v0,70 (for PC) has >>much higher capability, then 0.60!
See crazyc's response under Bluddy's on page 6 of this thread.
crazyc replied about the perfomance, but pefromance is not everything - I asked about capability, whith is much higher in v0.70, then in v.60! For example, one simple (but very fun!) 2D game Jump'n'Bump deosn't run on 0.60, but it works perfect on 0.70 (PC build). Here's a screenshot, how Jump'n'Bump runs under DosBox 0.70 (Win32 build) on my PC:

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/236/jumppo7.jpg

It would be great, if this game (and many other...) will run under on of the future builds of the PSP-Dosbox!

But, anyway crasyc - thanks for the emulator! It is already good and runs lots of my favorite games at the reasonable framerate (for example - Dangerous Dave).
00000110 00000110 00000110
Wally

Re: re:

Post by Wally »

Exenteth wrote:Tried that too.. instead I get "Error: Unknown command line switch "GOT""
I got the same error, there is a way around it .

Replace GOT with _G1 that works (for now)

Crazyc might have to look at why GOT.EXE doesnt work

God Of Thunder runs reasonably well, Squarez Deluxe does too. jetpack trys to detect a joystick, but i'll work around that All these games are freeware too :)

Be3f : Dangerous Dave is one of my favs too :)

Commander Keen 4 is still a bit slow but playable :)

Im thinking of starting a bat file list, only for those games that work well but the keys must be set in a way that is easy for the user to remember such as X - main attack button or jump w/e
Exenteth

Post by Exenteth »

Nice. THanks a bunch :D
Having a weird problem with GoT though.. the status bar at the bottom (life, magic, money, ect) is.. just not there O.o
Instead, the bottom of hte play screen is repeated in that area...
OckHAM

Post by OckHAM »

Hi Crazyc, wonderful work: really thank you. My problem is that everything works very fine BUT the mounted directory is read-only! The dos navigator program shows 0 kbs available on unit C so I'm not able to save/resume anything. Any hint on why dosbox works this why? Thanks in advance.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Exenteth wrote:Nice. THanks a bunch :D
Having a weird problem with GoT though.. the status bar at the bottom (life, magic, money, ect) is.. just not there O.o
Instead, the bottom of hte play screen is repeated in that area...
I have a game which does this too, I'll look at it when I get a chance.
Hi Crazyc, wonderful work: really thank you. My problem is that everything works very fine BUT the mounted directory is read-only! The dos navigator program shows 0 kbs available on unit C so I'm not able to save/resume anything. Any hint on why dosbox works this why? Thanks in advance.
You can't save in anything? I don't have that problem.
OckHAM

Post by OckHAM »

I can't save because the mounted c: (a directory dosbox inside ms0 in PSP directory) is detected as read-only! When I use in my autostart strings in the conf file the dos explorer it shows me 0.000.000 kb space available. So this is before the launch of any game (and is the same problem I have with every game). I've downloaded and used the precompiled eboot.php inside this thread and i'm using 3.40 OE.

Where the above image shows 1.023.932 free bytes I get a 0.000.000.

Any suggestions?