PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

mojojojo wrote:
WPA does not work under kernel 1.50 ... you have to run this under the 3.XX kernel mode.

You can either set GAME to be kernel 3.XX or use the specific GAME3XX directory.

"con" is just the list order number of the network config you want to use on the PSP. The first one you make is 1, the next is 2, etc. From what I can tell that number doesn't re-order if you delete entries ... 4 stays as 4 even if you delete the other three. If you only have one config for wireless networking on your PSP ... and only ever had one ... the right number is 1.
thanks for the help, it works now... or atleast on the psp side it does. i can connect now, but it doesn't show any of the folders/files on the computer. i put the proper directory addresses in the .ini file but they don't show up. all it says on the screen is "psp/video is empty". same with music even though i have a music file in the psp/music directory. I'm assuming i have to set something up with VLC first. in the shortcut properties to vlc, it shows "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --extraintf=http. is that right? do i have to do anything else to vlc other than installing it? sorry for all the basic questions, but i'm really bad at instructions even though ive read through them afew times now.
NiN_Dimi

SKANNER net_io error

Post by NiN_Dimi »

Hi, Skanner,

I had the same error you had. The solution is very simple, just set the con=2 in the pmp ini file to another value (0,1, ...)
With me, it worked with 1, but you may have to keep trying.
tell me if it worked

c u at the bottom of the spiral,

d
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

@Deshwasi
@SSJChar:
Install mojojojo's server VLC scripts (Readme inside):
http://hometown.aol.com/Ako%20ay%20bobo ... alpha5.zip
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

thanks for the reply. it definitely helped. I can now play DVDs(though not very well) so i know its working. It still can't find the directories for videos or music though. when i try, my floppy drive(A:) goes off and then VLC crashes and then the psp says either psp/video is empty(same with psp/music), though this only happens when i have one of the paths as a folder within C: drive. if i just do vlc_playlist, then the A: drive doesn't go off and i still don't get any files even though there are files in the playlist. i checked all the paths and there are no trailing slashes and none are pointing to A: drive. the paths look like this:
videopath1 = C:\Colin\Colin;
musicpath1 = C:\Colin\Colin\Burner\colinMP3;
and the dvds path is:
dvd_drive = D:;
daaamn, i'm so close i can feel it!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

SSJChar wrote:thanks for the reply. it definitely helped. I can now play DVDs(though not very well) so i know its working. It still can't find the directories for videos or music though. when i try, my floppy drive(A:) goes off and then VLC crashes and then the psp says either psp/video is empty(same with psp/music), though this only happens when i have one of the paths as a folder within C: drive. if i just do vlc_playlist, then the A: drive doesn't go off and i still don't get any files even though there are files in the playlist. i checked all the paths and there are no trailing slashes and none are pointing to A: drive. the paths look like this:
videopath1 = C:\Colin\Colin;
musicpath1 = C:\Colin\Colin\Burner\colinMP3;
and the dvds path is:
daaamn, i'm so close i can feel it!
Create just a small directory with a couple of simply named files alone and point pmp.ini to that to make sure VLC doesn't crash on you while testing. BTW ... those above videopath and music paths won't put anything in VLC's playlist, just the PSP one.

Can also try with just vlc_playlist ... turn on the messaging window (CTRL-M) in VLC to see if there are any obvious errors going on.
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

mojojojo wrote:
Create just a small directory with a couple of simply named files alone and point pmp.ini to that to make sure VLC doesn't crash on you while testing. BTW ... those above videopath and music paths won't put anything in VLC's playlist, just the PSP one.

Can also try with just vlc_playlist ... turn on the messaging window (CTRL-M) in VLC to see if there are any obvious errors going on.
I tried having simple filenames and only having 2 files in the folder, and i still get the problem, though this time i had the message window to see what was going on. this is what it was saying:
main debug: Connection from 192.168.1.103
http warning: error while scanning dir E:\ (No such file or directory)
http warning: error while scanning dir A:\ (No such file or directory)
" over and over again until vlc crashes, and all the while my A: drive is going crazy. maybe something in my ini file is screwed up? here is what i have in it:
# Net Io Config
[net]
con = 1;
vlc_server = 192.168.1.105;
vlc_port = 8080;

pmp_server = 192.168.1.105;
pmp_port = 3333;

# set to 2 for ffmpeg debug and my debug output and to 1 for only my debug output
debug = 1;

videopath1 = C:;
videopath2 = ;
videopath3 = ;
videopath4 = ;
videopath5 = ;

musicpath1 = vlc_playlist;
musicpath2 = ;
musicpath3 = ;
musicpath4 = ;
musicpath5 = ;

# VLC transcoding settings
[transcode]
res_horiz = 480;
res_vert = 272;
use_avc_hw = 1;
vid_codec = DIV3;
vid_bitrate = 600;
vid_fps = 25;
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

aud_codec = mp3;
aud_bitrate = 64;
aud_channels = 2;
resample = 0;
aud_samplerate = 44100;

container = ogg;

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver = 192.168.1.105;
liveport = 1234;
when i try doing just the playlist in the videopath, i get this error:
and that is all. its probably a simple problem, but i have no idea about all this stuff. i'm also using vlc 0.8.6a if that helps any.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

@SSJChar:
mojojojo wrote:
Create just a small directory with a couple of simply named files alone and point pmp.ini to that to make ...

You really should learn reading ...
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

jockyw2001 wrote:Create just a small directory with a couple of simply named files alone and point pmp.ini to that to make ...

You really should learn reading ...
i did try that. i tried different folder names too, thinking maybe it prefered letters or numbers. went from 11 to a. i only put 2 video files in the folder and they were named b.avi and c.avi, then i changed them to 2.avi and 3.avi. tried to put the folder in different locations too and always made sure to change the .ini file. i always get the same errors. i'll try it with different files though. maybe it doesn't like these ones.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

SSJChar wrote: ...
videopath1 = C:;
musicpath1 = vlc_playlist;
I doubt "C:" is a small set of files ... that will crash VLC in a glorious display of sparks, flames, and sadness.

Try "videopath1 = vlc_playlist;" just like your musicpath1 ... then just use the VLC playlist UI for populating both types of files.

Ignore the fact that you will see chocolate mixed in with your peanut butter. It's all good.
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

i did try other folders like C:\A and C:\11. its just at the time i copied my .ini file, i was seeing if it would find it from the shortest path, so i chose C:. i did try just using vlc_playlist and added short named video and music files to VLC's playlist but it still didn't work, all VLC said was "main debug: Connection from 192.168.1.103 " in the message box and then the psp says PSP/VIDEOS is empty, though atleast VLC doesn't crash. i'll try again tonight, maybe i needed to reset the computer after installing VLC. if it doesn't work, then i'll go back to an older version of VLC and try that. then if that doesn't work i'll try it on a different computer, and if that doesn't work i'll try a different PSP, and if that doesnt work i'll redownload all the files and try everything again.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

SSJChar wrote:i did try other folders like C:\A and C:\11. its just at the time i copied my .ini file, i was seeing if it would find it from the shortest path, so i chose C:. i did try just using vlc_playlist and added short named video and music files to VLC's playlist but it still didn't work, all VLC said was "main debug: Connection from 192.168.1.103 " in the message box and then the psp says PSP/VIDEOS is empty, though atleast VLC doesn't crash. i'll try again tonight, maybe i needed to reset the computer after installing VLC. if it doesn't work, then i'll go back to an older version of VLC and try that. then if that doesn't work i'll try it on a different computer, and if that doesn't work i'll try a different PSP, and if that doesnt work i'll redownload all the files and try everything again.
The other option is to packet capture what's coming into the PC using something like ethereal/wireshark, but that's a bit drastic.
Neiltwo2

Post by Neiltwo2 »

i've got this problem:

everything was working fine, but i uploaded too much so my linksys router crashed. i resetted the router, and the ip from my pc changed from x.x.x.101 into x.x.x.102. I edited all the 101 on my pmp.ini file and the VLC streaming file to 102, but its not working anymore. I also changed the ports on my router to 102.

When i connect (Right top button) everything works fine. Then i press select, go to live streaming, press O, and it says loading. Then it like freezes. it does nothing (no video). when i press square i get the error : http://192.168.1.102:1234/: Error while opening file

then when i press cross to exit, and try again, i get the loading screen for like 0.1 sec, and it goes back to the main page. When i try it again then, my psp just freezes, i cant do anything.

Please help me !

Thanks

edit:
i can ping to 192.168.1.103 (psp ip) and i get pong's

my pmp.ini looks like this:

Code: Select all

# Net Io Config
[net]
con	    	= 1;   
vlc_server 	= 192.168.1.102;
vlc_port	= 8081;

pmp_server 	= 192.168.1.102;
pmp_port	= 3333;

# set to 2 for ffmpeg debug and my debug output and to 1 for only my debug output
debug	  	= 1;

videopath1	= d:\Movies\;
videopath2	= m:\Movies\;
videopath3	= 
videopath4	= 
videopath5	= 

musicpath1	= D:\Music\;
musicpath2	= 
musicpath3	= 
musicpath4	= 
musicpath5	= 

dvd_drive	= g:

# VLC transcoding settings
[transcode]
# set res_horiz = 360 for better performance
res_horiz	= 360;
res_vert	= 272;

# use_avc_hw is heavily experimental !!
# if set to 1 then automatically vid_codec = h264, aud_codec = mp3, and container = ts are set
# your pmp.ini settings are then superseded
use_avc_hw	= 1;

#vid_codec = DIV3;
#vid_codec = mp1v;
#vid_codec = mp2v;
vid_codec = mp4v;
#vid_codec = DIV1;
#vid_codec = DIV2;
#vid_codec = h263;
#vid_codec = h264;
#vid_codec = WMV1;
#vid_codec = WMV2;
#vid_codec = mjpg;
#vid_codec = theo;

# recommended settings, AVC hw: 800/25; DIV3/MP3: 600/20;
vid_bitrate = 800;
vid_fps = 25;

# next transcoding parameter is only used if vid_codec = h264 !!
venc = x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1};

# here you can put additional video transcode options, e.g. vid_extra = canvas-aspect=16:9,canvas-width=480,canvas-height=360;
#vid_extra = canvas-aspect=16:9,canvas-width=480,canvas-height=272;
vid_extra = 

#aud_codec = mpga;
#aud_codec = mp2a;
aud_codec = mp3;
#aud_codec = mp4a;
#aud_codec = a52;
#aud_codec = vorb;
#aud_codec = flac;
#aud_codec = spx;
#aud_codec = s16l;
#aud_codec = fl32;

aud_bitrate		= 64;
aud_channels	= 2;

resample		= 0;
aud_samplerate	= 44100;

aud_extra =;

container = ogg;
#container = ts;
#container = ps;
#container = mpeg1;
#container = mp4;
#container = mov;
#container = wav;
#container = raw;
#container = asf;
#container = asfh;
#container = mpjpeg;

# live stream server
[live]
liveserver	= 192.168.1.102;
liveport	= 1234;
and my vcl line looks like this:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=600,width=360,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=192.168.1.102:1234}}
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Neiltwo2 wrote: ...
use_avc_hw = 1;
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=600,width=360,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=192.168.1.102:1234}}
I'm not sure but I think the AVC hw setting applies to the live stream as well.

And I think Jocky said the ver for the WPA feature only worked with AVC.

Try tweaking azriek's live stream settings to get your stream working with the AVC hw.
azriek wrote:

vlc --sout '#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=600,width=480,height=272,fps=25,\
venc=x264{me=dia,subme=1,analyse=none,bframes=0,b-adapt=none,chroma-me=none,merange=1},\
acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=2}:std{access=http,mux=ts,url=0.0.0.0:1234}' rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/stream?id=201
Neiltwo2

Post by Neiltwo2 »

im kinda new to this thing..

where do i put those lines? in vlc?
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Neiltwo2 wrote:im kinda new to this thing..

where do i put those lines? in vlc?
The settings are for the sout in VLC, replacing the one you used. If you cut and paste it literally it won't work. Just use the transcode settings.

Check out the VLC manual/docs on their site if you get lost
avisx

Post by avisx »

jockyw2001 wrote:Here is Rev4 for Dark Alex OE firmwares so should support WPA enabled WLAN ...

This test version currently only supports AVC hardware decoding, so your pmp.ini must have use_avc_hw = 1

binary: PMPVLC009_OE_Rev4-test-binaries.zip (Rev.4 for Dark Alex OE firmwares Kernel 3.x mode)
Your Download-Link: http://www.fx-world.org/download/jockyw ... naries.zip

Just unzip and copy the directory PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW to the GAME directory on your PSP

Enjoy,
JockyW
good job

thanks, thanks, thanks, very thanks...
X-or

Post by X-or »

jockyw2001 wrote:Here is Rev4 for Dark Alex OE firmwares so should support WPA enabled WLAN ...

This test version currently only supports AVC hardware decoding, so your pmp.ini must have use_avc_hw = 1

binary: PMPVLC009_OE_Rev4-test-binaries.zip (Rev.4 for Dark Alex OE firmwares Kernel 3.x mode)

Just unzip and copy the directory PMPVLC009_OE_JockyW to the GAME directory on your PSP

Enjoy,
JockyW
Excellent work!

Just to let you know that this release does NOT work on 3.03OE-B.
There was just no way of getting past the "stage 2/4" on Network init. The Wlan didn´t even flash.. Just froze on "2/4".

Struggled with this for hours before giving up and upgrading. Seems something has changed in the 3.XXOE versions.

3.10OE-A Works like a charm.. I didnt try 3.03OE-C.
s410783

Post by s410783 »

Enjoy,
JockyW
Thanks to jockyw by releasing the VLC PMP.

It seems that the OE_Rev4-test has some problems.
It’s usually that the LiveStream break up suddenly.
I infer that the VLC PMP maybe need to increase the buffer size in order to avoid any confusions.

Thanks.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

s410783 wrote:It seems that the OE_Rev4-test has some problems.
I infer that the VLC PMP maybe need to increase the buffer size in order to avoid any confusions.
Hm, didn't notice that. Try the 1.0/1.50 version (WEP) and compare behaviour. Also, you may have to reduce parameters like resolution, bitrate, audio bitrate, etc. It could also be that your VLC encoder encounters a problem in your source video and, of course, AVC encoding requires a fast PC. And then it may be that your wlan is sub-optimal, like other clients taking bandwith or using 802.11b+g mixed mode. I use a dedicated wlan AP in 802.11-b mode just for my PSPs (Asus WL-HDD).
s410783

Post by s410783 »

jockyw2001 wrote:
s410783 wrote:It seems that the OE_Rev4-test has some problems.
Hm, didn't notice that. Try the 1.0/1.50 version (WEP) and compare behaviour. Also, you may have to reduce parameters like resolution, bitrate, audio bitrate, etc. It could also be that your VLC encoder encounters a problem in your source video and, of course, AVC encoding requires a fast PC. And then it may be that your wlan is sub-optimal, like other clients taking bandwith or using 802.11b+g mixed mode. I use a dedicated wlan AP in 802.11-b mode just for my PSPs (Asus WL-HDD).
Mmm
When I reduced the parameters,those problems were solved.
→ Bitrate to 300 and fps to 18

Thanks for your help!!!
cocco

Post by cocco »

hihi
i tested the new vlc in 1.50 kernel and in 3.xx kernel

initially i have much problems streaming any file but after 20-30 tests it begins to stream. ;o)

my final test results:
1.files are streaming much better and don't crash anymore(with mojojojo scripts ) but i have to use "pl:C:/movies" only c:/movies gives me problems.
and mojojojo alpha 5 ... is better to make a new zip.. rar .. cuz i have to install alpha 4 and then alpha 5 and then remove the ~ in front of some files(index.html and pspfiles.html)
with files it works well with 25fps and 800kbps (amd 2800)

2.seems when i make a fresh playlist m3u vlc crasches .. if the m3u is big it crashes probably more then 1 time.after i restarti it again and again it works .(in the video list are some spaces free .. why?)
like this

vidonms.avi
vid2onms.avi

firstm3u.avi
secondm3u.avi
...ecc

not a big problem but i think it's not hard to remove.

3.m3u playlists works
but what is the m3u limit ... what info is to much ???
if i only put on every new line the link to the file it works
if i put also the info of the link ... the title i have 3 lines for each link
works shows all perfect... but sometimes crashes.(dreambox)

4.dreambox works 1 time with this playlist of 5 channles and 3 lines for info of every channel.
on the dreambox i have to go to the channel that i want see
after when i click i see it on the pmpvlc (have to change some settings 300 kbps and 20fps)
if i change channel on the pmpvlc or the dreambox problems begin.
vlc seems to be ok vlcpmp too but the dreambox is to restart..
cuz i see only the channels on that provider.
and when this begins i always get unknown format.
[is there a way to export the dreambox playlist in m3u?]

5.youtube works:
if u search the dl link of the video
the static one and put it on playlist m3u u can se the video
so my question is
can i generate the m3u with php from web?
like this :
pl:http://myserver/playlist.php?list=filesonpc
pl:http://myserver/playlist.php?list=youtube
pl:http://myserver/playlist.php?list=dreambox

if yes i can make a script that transforms the utube link to the dllink
making it possible to view on vlc just by adding it online
and so probably every other video file.

6.most of files on web and on my pc are 4:3
so i add the line of vid_extra
but id does no work
i want to resize the vid to 480x360
then crop away the 44pixels on top and 44pixels on bottom to
finally get 480x272.
i get the video much smaller like 240x140 and strange visualizzation errors on psp.
i have tryed with much of different vlc transcode options
crop , canvas , and other. but probaly my error

conclusion :
streaming works perfect but u have to be near to the server ;o)

very good job guys
this is the best prog for the psp(but has some probs :o( )

so now that the prog works so good now is to make a little better gui
to categorize the files/playlist better.
and the error with the dreambox is to find out why it crashes...vlc or pmpvlc make it crash???

thanks and don't stop this awesome goooood work.

haven't see any differences in 1.50 and 3.xx
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

cocco wrote:hihi
1.files are streaming much better and don't crash anymore(with mojojojo scripts ) but i have to use "pl:C:/movies" only c:/movies gives me problems.
and mojojojo alpha 5 ... is better to make a new zip.. rar .. cuz i have to install alpha 4 and then alpha 5 and then remove the ~ in front of some files(index.html and pspfiles.html)
with files it works well with 25fps and 800kbps (amd 2800)
1a. What kind of problems do you get when you say "c:/movies" by itself? How many files are underneath there?

1b. Thanks for reminding me ... yeah ... somehow a couple versions lost some rather important files.

Can you clean up the http dir and try this one "clean"?

http://hometown.aol.com/Ako%20ay%20bobo ... alpha7.zip
cocco wrote: 2.seems when i make a fresh playlist m3u vlc crasches .. if the m3u is big it crashes probably more then 1 time.after i restarti it again and again it works .(in the video list are some spaces free .. why?)
like this
2a. VLC playlist has stability issues with large playlists.

2b. The spaces actually are not trivial to remove. The VLC macro scripts are not a "program" the way you're likely used to. The scripts are actually part of a web page. Any spaces in the "page" (script) are spaces in the output. I de-spaced the code as best as I could from the scripts but some CR/LF's just can't be removed because of how the scripting works. The PSP side code will need some changes to address. I've put in a feature request with the developer. :-)
cocco wrote: 3.m3u playlists works
but what is the m3u limit ... what info is to much ???
if i only put on every new line the link to the file it works
if i put also the info of the link ... the title i have 3 lines for each link
works shows all perfect... but sometimes crashes.(dreambox)
3a. Not a question I can answer. That's a question for the VLC folks. You'll get the same issue regardless of whether you are using the PSP or just VLC by itself.

3b. That is an interesting question. Are you saying you get 3 lines in VLC playlist per m3u item or 3 lines in the PSP playlist?

If you see 3 lines in the VLC playlist then you're not writting the M3U to spec.

If you see 3 lines in PSP for a single line in VLC ... then something is "goofy" and I'm more curious about that.

The PSP playlist should should the item title, not the file. And when you play the item a new "PSP Playing" item get's created in your playlist.
cocco wrote: 4.dreambox works 1 time with this playlist of 5 channles and 3 lines for info of every channel.
on the dreambox i have to go to the channel that i want see
after when i click i see it on the pmpvlc (have to change some settings 300 kbps and 20fps)
if i change channel on the pmpvlc or the dreambox problems begin.
vlc seems to be ok vlcpmp too but the dreambox is to restart..
cuz i see only the channels on that provider.
and when this begins i always get unknown format.
[is there a way to export the dreambox playlist in m3u?]
To answer your core question ... no ... dreambox channel changing is a bit complicated. There is a two step process to change a channel with both steps requiring variable and non-intuitive information.

I'm not a dreambox user however .... our hero Jocky has been part of the dreambox world for a long time and is very interested in a version of PMP VLC that works without a lot of hassle. If I was a betting man ... I'd bet on a version that supports dreambox coming out at some point.
cocco wrote: 5.youtube works:
if u search the dl link of the video
the static one and put it on playlist m3u u can se the video
so my question is
can i generate the m3u with php from web?
like this :
pl:http://myserver/playlist.php?list=filesonpc
pl:http://myserver/playlist.php?list=youtube
pl:http://myserver/playlist.php?list=dreambox
Yes! VLC can retrieve a playlist over the web and "digest" it. That is in fact how Shoutcast works under the covers. The Podcast Service Discover works in a similar way by having VLC pull down RSS and put the items into the playlist.

VLC is a good player on the PC just by itself. If you default it's preferences (and don't connect the PSP back to it) it'll go back to being a PC based player only and you'll be able to experiment with playlist manipulation nice and clean. Once you have playlists the way you want without crashes in PC only mode ... bring back the PSP and try it.

I've considered doing something similar with my DVR (ReplayTV+DVArchive) but haven't gotten around to it.
cocco wrote: 6.most of files on web and on my pc are 4:3
so i add the line of vid_extra
but id does no work
i want to resize the vid to 480x360
then crop away the 44pixels on top and 44pixels on bottom to
finally get 480x272.
i get the video much smaller like 240x140 and strange visualizzation errors on psp.
i have tryed with much of different vlc transcode options
crop , canvas , and other. but probaly my error
I'll leave that question for Jocky and the other videophiles.

Ciao
cocco

Post by cocco »

grazie ;o)

yesterday i tested 3 hours with no result...
when i go sleep i've seen that i tested on the psp with 1.50 kernel ...
and when i save to ms i save the settings on the 3.03 kernel.. lol

will try again later... with the rightone ;o)

i made a script that creates parto of a playlist with all the dreambox channels.
part because i cant find the apid and vpid link to view on vlc

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Channel1
zw:http://192.168.123.100/cgi-bin/zapTo?pa ... 8.123.100/

now after the last link i need this two numbers to make all work

is there a way to batch channels from dreambox with all the info (apid and vpid?)
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

cocco wrote:grazie ;o)

yesterday i tested 3 hours with no result...
when i go sleep i've seen that i tested on the psp with 1.50 kernel ...
and when i save to ms i save the settings on the 3.03 kernel.. lol

will try again later... with the rightone ;o)

i made a script that creates parto of a playlist with all the dreambox channels.
part because i cant find the apid and vpid link to view on vlc

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Channel1
zw:http://192.168.123.100/cgi-bin/zapTo?pa ... 8.123.100/

now after the last link i need this two numbers to make all work

is there a way to batch channels from dreambox with all the info (apid and vpid?)
Oh crap ... my apologies ... The version of scripts I gave you is ahead of where pmpvlc is. So "zw:" isn't actually ready prime-time. It requires a special macro that doesn't exist in the normal release version of VLC.

It might work sometimes ... if you're lucky ... I have no clue ... I don't have a dbox to test with.

Ignoring the zw feature ... let me know if something else in that scripting seems busted.

Jocky or someone else with dbox expertise will have to answer your questions about the channel zapping.
cocco

Post by cocco »

i think if this channel change works ,waits 5 sec , and then starts the vlc with the link it will no more crash
pmpvlc reloads the polaylist after play?
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

There is another Dbox/Dreambox channel zap issue besides the delay between the channelchange url and the stream url. I hope to solve that in the next week.

Concerning "vid_extra" I can't help you since I don't actually use it. I've added it after someone asked for it in this thread.

Concerning improved gui, I will seek cooperation with Blondin. he already made a nice gui for the french version of PMP VLC. I would love to incorporate that gui in the "international" version.

Further items on the priority list for the near future:
- ME module support for 3.x OE versions (although my module works fine in PMP MOD it doesn't work yet with PMP VLC. That's why currently you can only run the AVC version with WPA enabled wlan under 3.x OE)
- Change the player code model from Ffplay to PMP Mod (that will significantly reduce dropouts and improve stability)
- Additional support for mojojo's VLC playlist scripts
- was there anything else?
Last edited by jockyw2001 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

jockyw2001 wrote: - was there anything else?
Can I get a pony?
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

ok, i'm back trying to get pmp vlc to work. after not getting it to work with a fresh version of vlc on mutliple computers and trying different psp's, i just quit and decided to wait some to see if anyone else had similar problems or if there was going to be an update. anyways, after reading cocco's reply, i tried the pl: thing(i put pl:C:\A;). vlc said it couldn't find some txt file and i remembered that cocco said some files are missing in mojojojo's alpha5, so i downloaded the zip that mojojojo linked to and it now doesn't have that one problem. i still don't see the files, but it seems like vlc does but at the end it gets some errors. i'll just post the last few lines that vlc splits out since thats where the errors occur.
"many many lines of stuff
mpeg_audio debug: MPGA channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:128
main debug: adding a new input
stream_out_duplicate debug: duplicated a new stream codec=mpga (es=1 group=0)
stream_out_duplicate debug: - failed for output 0
main error: cannot create packetizer output (mpga)
packetizer_mpeg4video warning: waiting for VOL
packetizer_mpeg4video warning: waiting for VOL
main debug: adding a new input
stream_out_duplicate debug: duplicated a new stream codec=mp4v (es=0 group=0)
stream_out_duplicate debug: - failed for output 0
main error: cannot create packetizer output (mp4v)"
i then get a "psp/video is empty" message on my psp. i only have 2 files in the C:\A folder, both avi files and both under 55 megs. vlc can play them too. if you guys want, i can post up all the lines that vlc spits out but its a tad long.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

SSJChar wrote: if you guys want, i can post up all the lines that vlc spits out but its a tad long.
yeah. Need the whole thing. Those lines aren't relevant for playlist.
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

ok. this is what vlc spit out:

main debug: adding playlist item `C:\A' ( C:\A )
http debug: requested mrl add: C:\\A
http debug: requested playlist item: 4
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 4424 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:265)
main debug: stream=`duplicate'
main debug: looking for sout stream module: 1 candidate
stream_out_duplicate debug: creating 'duplicate'
stream_out_duplicate debug:  * adding `display{noaudio,novideo}'
main debug: stream=`display'
main debug: looking for sout stream module: 1 candidate
main debug: set sout option: sout-display-audio to (null)
main debug: set sout option: sout-display-video to (null)
main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_display"
main debug: using sout stream module "stream_out_duplicate"
main debug: drive letter C: found in source
main debug: `C:\A' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\A'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\A'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate
dvdnav warning: cannot open dvdnav
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\A'
main debug: looking for access2 module: 5 candidates
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\A.cue
vcd debug: could not find .cue file
main debug: using access2 module "access_directory"
main debug: pre-buffering...
access_directory debug: opening directory `C:\A'
access_directory debug: starting directory playback
main debug: adding playlist item `1.avi' ( C:\A/1.avi )
main debug: adding playlist item `2.avi' ( C:\A/2.avi )
main debug: received first data for our buffer
main debug: pre-buffering done 1245146 bytes in 0s - 153356 kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='directory' path='C:\A'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 1 candidate
main debug: using demux2 module "access_directory"
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\
main debug: starting in sync mode
access_directory warning: unimplemented query in control
main debug: `C:\A' successfully opened
main debug: closing input
main debug: removing module "access_directory"
main debug: removing module "access_directory"
main debug: keeping sout
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.187500s, kernel 0m0.031250s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: thread 4424 joined (input/input.c:412)
main warning: refcount is 1, delaying before deletion (id=305,type=-7)
main error: refcount is 1, delaying again (id=305,type=-7)
http debug: requested wait(1 seconds)
main error: waited too long, cancelling destruction (id=305,type=-7)
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 4420 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:265)
main debug: sout keep: reusing sout
main debug: sout keep: you probably want to use gather stream_out
main debug: drive letter C: found in source
main debug: `C:\A/1.avi' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\A/1.avi'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\A/1.avi'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\A/1.avi'
main debug: looking for access2 module: 5 candidates
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\A/1.cue
vcd debug: could not find .cue file
access_file debug: opening file `C:\A/1.avi'
main debug: using access2 module "access_file"
main debug: pre-buffering...
main debug: received first data for our buffer
main debug: pre-buffering done 1081311 bytes in 0s - 8992 kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\A/1.avi'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 45 candidates
avi debug: found Chunk fourcc:46464952 (RIFF) size:16334086 pos:0
avi debug: found LIST chunk: 'AVI '
avi debug&#58; <list 'AVI '>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;5453494c &#40;LIST&#41; size&#58;8830 pos&#58;12
avi debug&#58; found LIST chunk&#58; 'hdrl'
avi debug&#58; <list 'hdrl'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;68697661 &#40;avih&#41; size&#58;56 pos&#58;24
avi debug&#58; avih&#58; streams&#58;2 flags&#58; HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED 640x480
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;5453494c &#40;LIST&#41; size&#58;4244 pos&#58;88
avi debug&#58; found LIST chunk&#58; 'strl'
avi debug&#58; <list 'strl'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;68727473 &#40;strh&#41; size&#58;56 pos&#58;100
avi debug&#58; strh&#58; type&#58;vids handler&#58;0x64697678 samplesize&#58;0 23.98fps
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;66727473 &#40;strf&#41; size&#58;40 pos&#58;164
avi debug&#58; strf&#58; video&#58;XVID 640x480 planes&#58;1 12bpp
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;4b4e554a &#40;JUNK&#41; size&#58;4120 pos&#58;212
avi debug&#58; </list 'strl'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;5453494c &#40;LIST&#41; size&#58;4234 pos&#58;4340
avi debug&#58; found LIST chunk&#58; 'strl'
avi debug&#58; <list 'strl'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;68727473 &#40;strh&#41; size&#58;56 pos&#58;4352
avi debug&#58; strh&#58; type&#58;auds handler&#58;0x00000000 samplesize&#58;0 41.67fps
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;66727473 &#40;strf&#41; size&#58;30 pos&#58;4416
avi debug&#58; strf&#58; audio&#58;0x0055 channels&#58;2 48000Hz 0bits/sample 97kb/s
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;4b4e554a &#40;JUNK&#41; size&#58;4120 pos&#58;4454
avi debug&#58; </list 'strl'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;5453494c &#40;LIST&#41; size&#58;260 pos&#58;8582
avi debug&#58; found LIST chunk&#58; 'odml'
avi debug&#58; <list 'odml'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;686c6d64 &#40;dmlh&#41; size&#58;248 pos&#58;8594
avi warning&#58; unknown chunk &#40;not loaded&#41;
avi debug&#58; </list 'odml'>
avi debug&#58; </list 'hdrl'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;5453494c &#40;LIST&#41; size&#58;56 pos&#58;8850
avi debug&#58; found LIST chunk&#58; 'INFO'
avi debug&#58; <list 'INFO'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;54465349 &#40;ISFT&#41; size&#58;44 pos&#58;8862
avi debug&#58; ISFT&#58; software &#58; VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 &#40;build 2542/release&#41;
avi debug&#58; </list 'INFO'>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;4b4e554a &#40;JUNK&#41; size&#58;1318 pos&#58;8914
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;5453494c &#40;LIST&#41; size&#58;16124430 pos&#58;10240
avi debug&#58; skipping movi chunk
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;31786469 &#40;idx1&#41; size&#58;199408 pos&#58;16134678
avi debug&#58; idx1&#58; index entry&#58;12463
avi debug&#58; </list 'AVI '>
avi debug&#58; found Chunk fourcc&#58;4b4e554a &#40;JUNK&#41; size&#58;746 pos&#58;16334094
avi debug&#58; * LIST-root size&#58;16334848 pos&#58;0
avi debug&#58;      + RIFF-AVI  size&#58;16334086 pos&#58;0
avi debug&#58;      |    + LIST-hdrl size&#58;8830 pos&#58;12
avi debug&#58;      |    |    + avih size&#58;56 pos&#58;24
avi debug&#58;      |    |    + LIST-strl size&#58;4244 pos&#58;88
avi debug&#58;      |    |    |    + strh size&#58;56 pos&#58;100
avi debug&#58;      |    |    |    + strf size&#58;40 pos&#58;164
avi debug&#58;      |    |    |    + JUNK size&#58;4120 pos&#58;212
avi debug&#58;      |    |    + LIST-strl size&#58;4234 pos&#58;4340
avi debug&#58;      |    |    |    + strh size&#58;56 pos&#58;4352
avi debug&#58;      |    |    |    + strf size&#58;30 pos&#58;4416
avi debug&#58;      |    |    |    + JUNK size&#58;4120 pos&#58;4454
avi debug&#58;      |    |    + LIST-odml size&#58;260 pos&#58;8582
avi debug&#58;      |    |    |    + dmlh size&#58;248 pos&#58;8594
avi debug&#58;      |    + LIST-INFO size&#58;56 pos&#58;8850
avi debug&#58;      |    |    + ISFT size&#58;44 pos&#58;8862
avi debug&#58;      |    + JUNK size&#58;1318 pos&#58;8914
avi debug&#58;      |    + LIST-movi size&#58;16124430 pos&#58;10240
avi debug&#58;      |    + idx1 size&#58;199408 pos&#58;16134678
avi debug&#58;      + JUNK size&#58;746 pos&#58;16334094
avi debug&#58; AVIH&#58; 2 stream, flags  HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED 
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;0&#93; rate&#58;24000 scale&#58;1001 samplesize&#58;0
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;0&#93; video&#40;XVID&#41; 640x480 12bpp 23.976024fps
main debug&#58; selecting program id=0
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;1&#93; rate&#58;48000 scale&#58;1152 samplesize&#58;0
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;1&#93; audio&#40;0x55&#41; 2 channels 48000Hz 0bits
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;0&#93; created 4552 index entries
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;1&#93; created 7911 index entries
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;0&#93; length&#58;189 &#40;based on index&#41;
avi debug&#58; stream&#91;1&#93; length&#58;189 &#40;based on index&#41;
main debug&#58; using demux2 module "avi"
main debug&#58; looking for a subtitle file in C&#58;\
main debug&#58; looking for packetizer module&#58; 17 candidates
main debug&#58; using packetizer module "packetizer_mpeg4video"
main debug&#58; stream out mode -> no decoder thread
main debug&#58; looking for packetizer module&#58; 17 candidates
main debug&#58; using packetizer module "mpeg_audio"
main debug&#58; stream out mode -> no decoder thread
main debug&#58; starting in sync mode
main debug&#58; meta information&#58;
main debug&#58;   - 'Setting' = ' HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED'
main debug&#58; `C&#58;\A/1.avi' successfully opened
avi debug&#58; old&#58;0 < new 0
avi debug&#58; old&#58;0 < new 0
mpeg_audio debug&#58; MPGA channels&#58;2 samplerate&#58;48000 bitrate&#58;128
main debug&#58; adding a new input
stream_out_duplicate debug&#58; duplicated a new stream codec=mpga &#40;es=1 group=0&#41;
stream_out_duplicate debug&#58;     - failed for output 0
main error&#58; cannot create packetizer output &#40;mpga&#41;
packetizer_mpeg4video warning&#58; waiting for VOL
packetizer_mpeg4video warning&#58; waiting for VOL
main debug&#58; adding a new input
stream_out_duplicate debug&#58; duplicated a new stream codec=mp4v &#40;es=0 group=0&#41;
stream_out_duplicate debug&#58;     - failed for output 0
main error&#58; cannot create packetizer output &#40;mp4v&#41;