PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

kovi4

Post by kovi4 »

According to wait parameter, I think that I found more smart solution.
Not sure right now but I think that in source i already saw a procedure, which check if the streaming port is already open. If you change the channel using playlist, vlc will close existing port (1234) and open it again with new stream.
I think it's enough just to check if the port is already open using existing procedure.

UPDATE
So I just look and test a little bit and it seems to be working, but I would like to ask someone with TV tunner card to test if it's working also for them.

How it works: I just include a small procedure, which check if the port 1234/net_io_liveport is open, if yes then it continue to open a new stream, if not it's waiting until it's open. To do not wait forever there is a "wait" parameter in pmp.ini file, which says how long it should wait 0,1sec = 1, example 5sec = 50 -> wait = 50;

For more details please see ffplay.c and net_io.c

available for download http://rapidshare.com/files/10944684/PM ... C.zip.html
Kovi
karnare

about player_main() thread.

Post by karnare »

Could someone tell me why creating a new thread to call player_main()?
I made some changes to the function, and called it directly in the main thread. It played for a while but then crashed.

What is the reason?
Thanks!
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

kovi4 wrote:How it works: I just include a small procedure, which check if the port 1234/net_io_liveport is open, if yes then it continue to open a new stream, if not it's waiting until it's open. To do not wait forever there is a "wait" parameter in pmp.ini file, which says how long it should wait 0,1sec = 1, example 5sec = 50 -> wait = 50;
That's not really needed. When zapping you only need to issue a stop and then a play next/prev. That works fine for me with whatever is in the playlist. I'm gonna release that and more in rev4.
Ody nOOb

Post by Ody nOOb »

jockyw2001 wrote:I'm gonna release that and more in rev4.
Waiting ... :D

/Update

Now that D_A released 3.03 OE B with AVC support, does that change something for you/us ?
Or will we still have to play that vlc enable movie ?
(not that it really matters ...)
Last edited by Ody nOOb on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buffo

Post by Buffo »

Hi, i'd like to try the streaming option from my DBox2 (neutrino image). However, I have no clue how to determine the parameters for my DBox2 to get the equivalent of the line in the instructions on page 1:

"Open textbox paste http://192.168.1.250:31339/0,002C,00A3,0068,006A,0069"

How do I find my equivalent of "0,002C,00A3,0068,006A,0069"? Can anyone help?
Skanner

Post by Skanner »

Hi, everybody !
I own a 3.03 OE-A PSP , and i would like look Tv on my PSP, but when i open PMPVLC 0.09 and i try to connect on the Wlan, but when i press the right trigger, to enabled this network, nothings happen, just a error message who say " net_io : error, could not initialize the network"
And sometimes, i get a crash message, who inform me, thath my psp has just crashed, whereas i have switch on, the wlan button.
I don't understand where is the problem !
Thanks for your help
++Skanner

P.S: sorry for my poor english, but i'm french !
Skanner

Post by Skanner »

UP !
Answer please !
MrSerene

Post by MrSerene »

Skanner: Have you put the files in the GAME directory on your memory stick? If you have then you need to use the GAME150 directory instead as that uses the 1.5 firmware parts that are needed for kernel mode wi-fi.

Also, when I upgraded to 3.03 OE, it wiped my wlan settings so I assume wi-fi actually works on your PSP? Have you tried the web browser to make sure?
Skanner

Post by Skanner »

My Wlan connection works correctly, because i use it to go to the Web from my PSP !
And i have put the files in game150 folder, because i'm in 3.03 kernel !
Should i put pmpvlc in game directory and switch to 1.50kernel, to works this ?
Thanks
Skanner.
MrSerene

Post by MrSerene »

What security are you using on your access point? If it's WPA it won't work on apps that rely on the 1.5 kernel like PMPVLC.

On the PSP, go to network settings > Infrastructure and select your connection, press triangle and go to information to see what security is in use.

If it's WPA, you'll have to change the settings on your access point to WEP or just nothing at all, then add a new connection on the PSP (and edit PMP.ini to use the new connection). Or, just wait for the next version which seems like it'll be working on the newer firmwares with WPA enabled.
SiskoData

Post by SiskoData »

First of all Thank you jockyw2001 for this application both my Dreambox and my PSP (and me) were crying out for your application.

I know I cannot ask someone like you that is giving his time to please others anything. But what many users here would like to have is this program ported so that it works with 3.03 kernel so we can use it on a secure WPA enabled router. Many homebrew users now are upgrading to the 3.03 OE firmwares so you will find a big number of us that would love to have it on that.

Thanks again and sorry for asking you this favor.
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Hi Jocky,
just wondering if you planned to post Rev3 anytime soon ;)
Later,

Alcahest
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Alcahest: I'm still struggling with WPA as you can read in some other threads ...
Skanner

Post by Skanner »

@MrSerene : I use no security on my Wlan connection !
@Jockyw2001: You might release a first version, without WPA security support, in a first time ? please
cocco

Post by cocco »

Skanner wrote:@Jockyw2001: You might release a first version, without WPA security support, in a first time ? please
please :o)
ktuft

PSP hangs during WiFi activation

Post by ktuft »

Please be overbearing with a Newbee.
I have flashed my PSP with 3.03 OE B and am able to browse internatt with my WiFi connection. I'm allso able to use WiFi sniffer without any problems.
I am how ever unable to use PMP VLC v0.0.9.
I have put the app in the Game150 directory and I'm able to start the app. When I press the right trigger-button the following appears in the upper left corner:
Connecting to Access Point...
Connection state 0 of 4
Connection state 2 of 4

The the PSP hangs and I mus hold the Power-button for a long time for the PSP to Power down.

Can somebody plase help me on my way with this problem????

The very best regards from Ketil Tuft in Norway.
Djakku

Post by Djakku »

first set debug mode to 1 in pmp.ini so you'll have more info about to connection..
If you said that now that you've flashed you psp you can connect to internet with it, that mean that you wifi is encrypted with wpa protection. For now pmpvlc doesn't support that, jockyw2001 is struggling to implant that for the next version. If you really want to use it use WEP instead of WPA.

At least that's my suggestion. :)
ktuft

Thanks for reply

Post by ktuft »

Hello Djakku and thanks for your help!!!
Using WEP instead of WPA solved the initial problem.
I do how ever now face yeat another problem.
I'm able to connect to the server, but when I press the select-button and am presented with the following list:
Video
Music
Live Stream
DVD Stream
(S)VCD Stream
and press the Circle-button (I have found this to be the only one giving any reaction), the PSP hang.
I never get to see any files.
I have placed one MP3 file in the Music-dir on the memstick and the "enable...." movie file in the movie-dir.
The config-file is edited with the IP-adr of the VLC-server.
What else am I missing.

In your reply, you mention debug-mode. Do I need PSP-link in order to use this option? If so - there are two different apps using the PSPSLink-name out there on the net. Which one should I use????

Best regards
Ketil Tuft
Djakku

Post by Djakku »

The Debug mode i'm talking about is in the pmp.ini file on the pspvlc game folder. it should look like this :
# Net Io Config
[net]
con = 1;
vlc_server = 192.168.1.13;
vlc_port = 8080;

pmp_server = 192.168.1.13;
pmp_port = 3333;

debug = 1;
don't forget to forward your port's and make sure software like peerguardian or any other port blocker don't block the one you've written in your ini.
Enjoy :)
ktuft

Still problems

Post by ktuft »

Once again thanks for you taking your time to help me!!!!
I have enabled debug-mode, but in what way will I get to read the debug-info?

For your information: I have no firewall of any kind except for the firewall at the perimeters of my private network. The wifi router is placed inside my own network.

As I mentioned in my previous request: I have found two different programs called PSPLink, and I have read somewhere that a program of that name is to be used when PMPVLC is put in debug mode. The question is which one of them, and how am I to use it in debugging my problem.

Yet the very best regards
Ketil Tuft
padstack

Help??

Post by padstack »

I can get the app installed and can play stuff from the memory stick, but when I press the right trigger, it can't find an IP address. I know the network is working b/c I can use PiMP streamer and the Internet. I'm using WEP security too. I've tried everything in all 13 pages! Help??

Thanks!
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

Djakku wrote:first set debug mode to 1 in pmp.ini so you'll have more info about to connection..
If you said that now that you've flashed you psp you can connect to internet with it, that mean that you wifi is encrypted with wpa protection. For now pmpvlc doesn't support that, jockyw2001 is struggling to implant that for the next version. If you really want to use it use WEP instead of WPA.

At least that's my suggestion. :)
Ohhhhhhhh so thaaats why its not working for me. i just downgraded/upgraded my psp today, and pretty much did that JUST to use pmpvlc. spent hours trying it over and over again and trying to see if others had this problem, only to finally read this post.
Good luck on the WPA implimentation jockyw2001.
SSJChar

Post by SSJChar »

sorry, double post. delete if possible
peterSTAMPE

cannot start game corrupt data

Post by peterSTAMPE »

Hi,

Why am I getting this " cannot start game data is corrupted " when I try to start PMPVLC009 ?

The OS is 2.81 & 3.11 on another machine, get the same error on both. I tried using GAME150 directory but cannot "see" the file under GAMES on the desktop -

I am not at all sure about how to swop the kernels??

I am very familiar with VLC and look forward to getting this to work.

Thank you for any help
Djakku

Post by Djakku »

Why am I getting this " cannot start game data is corrupted " when I try to start PMPVLC009 ?

The OS is 2.81 & 3.11 on another machine, get the same error on both. I tried using GAME150 directory but cannot "see" the file under GAMES on the desktop -

I am not at all sure about how to swop the kernels??

I am very familiar with VLC and look forward to getting this to work.

Thank you for any help
In order to use homebrew programs on you psp you need to use firmware (OS) 1.5 or Dark_Alex's custom firmware.
peterSTAMPE

Vers 1.5 for 3.11?

Post by peterSTAMPE »

Can Dark alex's code be applied to my 3.11 psp??
thks
DeMoN X

Post by DeMoN X »

I'm having problems compiling the source with Cygwin, Something about Libjpeg not found?

Is this because I've not installed Cygwin correctly? Or has it to do with the source?
Djakku

Re: Vers 1.5 for 3.11?

Post by Djakku »

peterSTAMPE wrote:Can Dark alex's code be applied to my 3.11 psp??
thks
I'm sorry but if your psp have a 3.03 or greater firmware, you can't use any homebrew for the moment, so no..
You have to wait until a new exploit is discovered for the newest firware.
J.F.

Re: Vers 1.5 for 3.11?

Post by J.F. »

Djakku wrote:
peterSTAMPE wrote:Can Dark alex's code be applied to my 3.11 psp??
thks
I'm sorry but if your psp have a 3.03 or greater firmware, you can't use any homebrew for the moment, so no..
You have to wait until a new exploit is discovered for the newest firware.
3.10 or greater. 3.03 can be downgraded with the 3.03 downgrader and GTA:LCS (unpatched version). GTA:LCS unpatched is getting harder to find because of this. :)
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Finally a new version ...

binary: PMPVLC009Rev4-test-binaries.zip (Rev.4 for firmware versions 1.0, 1.50 and Dark Alex OE firmwares Kernel 1.50 mode)
Your Download-Link: http://www.fx-world.org/download/jockyw ... naries.zip

Changelog Rev4 (02/28/2007)
-----------------------------------
For firmware versions 1.0, 1.50 and Dark Alex OE firmwares Kernel 1.50 mode:

1) in AVC hardware mode it is no longer needed to play a file from memstick before playing a network file or stream. A big thx to jonny for pointing me in the right direction! :)
2) uses new ffmpeg build 7991 (02/15/2007)
3) can play Youtube videos from memstick
4) can play mpeg1 and mpeg2 files and streams
5) fixed bug where VLC plays unintended previous playlist item
6) improved general stability
7) nice background and icons made by "shadow-evillink" and "raven"
8) additional settings in PMP.INI: vid_extra and aud_extra

I've updated the first posting in this thread where you can find additional info and guidelines.

There will be further updates in the near future:
- An improved VLC server script by mojojojo which allows traversing subdirectories and elaborated playlists (e.g. shoutcast, sap discovery)
- A version which supports WPA Wifi mode for Dark Alex firmware versions

Enjoy,
JockyW