PMP VLC 0.0.9 Player

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Reng wrote:First of all, thanks for the great app. I've been hoping to see a vlc client for psp for some time, and yours works perfectly. I've tested it with streaming TV, videos, mp3s, and dvds.
That's nice, thank you.
I was wondering if theres any way you could set up some sort of command line interface for the client? Even something that could read commands from a config file would be great. A feature like this would make the client alot more customizable. Currently, I'm using the vlc playlist interface through http to change my TV channels, but its a little tedious to have to quit the client, load up the links2 browser and change it in there. If the client could read from a config file containing a list of commands and display it as a simple menu list, it would be awesome.
Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, such a feature is absolutely necessary, cuz' I'm getting fed up to jump out of my bed in order to zap the channel. I was thinking of a directory with "channel files" which are in fact script files containing commands to switch to a channel and also sets the appropriate transcode params on the fly. Something along these lines:

Directory Channellist contains a file 'CNN.chl' which looks like:

Code: Select all

#dvb-s channel file for PSP
#channel CNN on Astra 19.2
[zap commands]
zap1=http://dbox/zapit?chnl=12345
zap2=....
[transcode]
vcodec=avc
acodec=atrac
fps=25
[misc]
misc1=http://foobar/do_something_special
Once you are in the Channellist directory playing a channel, you shall be able to zap channel by using the triggerbuttons. Similar to playback of music tracks.

The same scheme can apply to (video) podcasts, music, dvds, etc.

I think it is rather simple to implement this and I do not have to code another gui which I don't like. The gui can be improved at a later stage.
Porkape

Post by Porkape »

jockyw2001 wrote:@aface and @Porkape:
could you post a screenshot of the DirectShow dialog. Are the video and audio devices shown in the listboxes or do you simply take 'default'?
EDIT: no need for that screenshot. I overlooked the "Refresh list" buttons which must be clicked before selecting a video or audio capture device in the DirectShow dialog ...
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I guess I figured VLC should see everything automatically and didn't try hitting "refresh list" button. It works now and wow what a sweetass app for the PSP. 9 Thumbs Up!!!
aface

Post by aface »

Jocky,

A quick one - I keep getting caught by not remembering to press right shoulder button to enable network in the client startup screen when im trying to stream VLC. Is it possible to automatically enable the network when you hit 'select' in the vlc menu (as all options require the network) ?

Alex
Bob535

Post by Bob535 »

Not all require network, I can play Mp3s that I have loaded onto the PSP without connecting. But yes, this feature would be nice.

For people who keep getting caught, having the right trigger actually modify something on screen would be nice. A little icon going from red to green or something maybe.

I know your not a GUI person, but it really is the small things that help. I will take a look at the code later when I get home. Can you point me in the right direction as to which file you are using for the GUI information?
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Bob535 wrote:Not all require network, I can play Mp3s that I have loaded onto the PSP without connecting
For those who are not aware, PMP VLC can also play iPod music (.m4a files), if the tracks are not DRM protected.
Bob535 wrote:For people who keep getting caught, having the right trigger actually modify something on screen would be nice. A little icon going from red to green or something maybe.

I know your not a GUI person, but it really is the small things that help.
No worries, I'll put some kind of visual indicator in v0.0.9 (network mode, pmp/vlc mode)

Btw, I now use PMP VLC to monitor the video surveillance camera in my company (with audio). Isn't that cool
rinco

Post by rinco »

I'm just tinkering with OSX VLC 0.8.5.

I couldn't get files in the directory to display until I took the following if statement out of pspfiles.html:

<vlc id="if" param1="file.type value 'directory' strcmp 1 =" />...<vlc id="end" />
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

rinco wrote:I'm just tinkering with OSX VLC 0.8.5.

I couldn't get files in the directory to display until I took the following if statement out of pspfiles.html
That's good to know for Max OS X users.
But did streaming work?
Sillentassasin

Post by Sillentassasin »

Can't get this to work :(
i have the newest VLC and i said it to broadcast my file
but my psp doesn't see the stream
what the hell is going on :(
Djakku

Post by Djakku »

Great app, congratulation for your work jockyw2001, I've tried it but it worked only one time, i messed too much with the ini I guess. I have a question, do I need to forward my ports in my wifi router? I keep getting that can't connect to 'my ipadress:port'

btw, I use these port
con = 1;
vlc_server = 192.168.0.100;
vlc_port = 3333;
pmp_server = 192.168.0.100;
pmp_port = 4662;
debug = 1;
videopath = F:\mm\oovie;
musicpath = F:\mm\usic;
dvd_drive = z:
liveserver = 192.168.0.100;
liveport = 1234;

Also I was wondering what's live stream, I was only able to connect to vlc to boot a DVD and when I used video stream, It showed the directory of videopath.
You readme is clear enough it's just my english who's messing with me so a little infor would be cool :)

Congrat to you apps again and to all the PMPmod/VLC contributor :)
I'm a fan of both apps and you made a exellent program, I could only wish for a VLC PMP container mod, but I'm pretty sure that's a Lot easier said than done, guessing how VLC have complicated source !
rinco

Post by rinco »

jockyw2001 wrote:But did streaming work?
Not yet... I had a corrupt pmp.ini. And then it took me a while to figure out the right 'con' value (802.11b sometimes doesn't work for me first go). I've got it browsing the network list from the psp. When I select something, it starts loading but never goes anywhere.

This is the VLC output
[00000357] mux_ogg private: Open
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.2.0cvs from http://dvd.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Can't stat /Users/matthewh/Movies/Csi5.avi

No such file or directory
libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
[00000350] main input error: no suitable access module for `/Users/matthewh/Movies/Csi5.avi
'
[00000357] mux_ogg private: Close
[00000368] mux_ogg private: Open
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.2.0cvs from http://dvd.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Can't stat /Users/matthewh/Movies/Csi5.avi

No such file or directory
libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
[00000361] main input error: no suitable access module for `/Users/matthewh/Movies/Csi5.avi
'
[00000368] mux_ogg private: Close
Here's some of my ini file (haven't worked out what to put for dvd drive yet):
videopath = /Users/matthewh/Movies/;
musicpath = /Users/matthewh/Music/;
dvd_drive = g:
I'm not sure what to put for dvd_drive, since on MacOSX it just mounts the dvd as the dvd label in /Volumes/, eg /Volumes/Csi5. Any ideas why VLC looks like it's trying to play the file with libdvdstuff? The file plays through the Gui just fine.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

rinco wrote:I'm not sure what to put for dvd_drive, since on MacOSX it just mounts the dvd as the dvd label in /Volumes/, eg /Volumes/Csi5. Any ideas why VLC looks like it's trying to play the file with libdvdstuff? The file plays through the Gui just fine.
That's weird. Check the playlist (View-Playlist or ctrl-P) and manually delete all items except the avi you'd like to stream.

In pmp.ini try with /Volumes/Csi5 instead of g: for your dvd
rinco

Post by rinco »

jockyw2001 wrote:In pmp.ini try with /Volumes/Csi5 instead of g: for your dvd
That seems to start the streaming.

I also noticed in the playlist that the path that works is ~/Movies/Csi5.avi. So I added that to the end of pspfiles.html, and that also starts the streaming.

Problem is, now I'm getting 'unknown format' on the psp with both methods.
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

rinco wrote:Problem is, now I'm getting 'unknown format' on the psp with both methods.
Since I'm not a Mac user, I can't help you atm. However, I will ask a friend to test on his Mac.
Eingang

Post by Eingang »

well
no matter what I do, wlan is never activated
always error messages, blue screens, freezes, had such a hard freeze I had to take out batteries to get my PSP started and this happened very very rarely to me
rinco

Post by rinco »

I've got it working now (with Windows). This is awesome!

Is there a source repository somewhere that I can get updates from?
Sillentassasin

Post by Sillentassasin »

Eingang wrote:well
no matter what I do, wlan is never activated
always error messages, blue screens, freezes, had such a hard freeze I had to take out batteries to get my PSP started and this happened very very rarely to me
same here dude
Brad89

Post by Brad89 »

Okay, so I've tried to get this working, but to no avail. I have it set up to port forward 8080 and everything. Pimpstreamer works fine on 3333, so I don't know what's wrong. Do I have to do anything with VLC? Or just double click the shortcut and let it go? It does it's whole connect thing, but just shows that one video on the mem stick. I'd really like to use this so I don't have to transcode VOB files. Also, whenever I try to goto 192.168.1.100:8080 it just says there's an error and it won't connect to it. I tried the ping thing and it worked fine, so yeah. Any help is appreciated.
Bob535

Post by Bob535 »

Jocky, since im stupid and tired of looking, which file in the source contains the GUI information?
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

\PMPVLC008\ffplay_resample\ffplay.c
and uses various mytext....c and .h files

I've meanwhile updated the gui so it now shows the networkstatus and IP in the main screen. Also it now connects directly to the network once you press the right trigger.

Since I'm working on a far more important update the next release (0.0.9) has to wait....

To those who still can't connect to VLC, try to nuke:
\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Application Data\vlc
and then start vlc again
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Hi Jocky, for me it worked straight away!
I'm streaming TV from my Qosmio laptop.
I just have a small issue with the aspect ratio.
My TVTuner outputs 4/3 image and the command line is indeed 360 x 272 but for some reason the video is stretched like if it were 16/9 on the PSP screen.
http://videoff7.free.fr/IMG_0312.jpg
Is there any setting i could change to have true 4/3 displayed on the PSP screen? (i don't care if i have black blocks on the left & right of the screen as long as the aspect ratio is respected)
Thanks again for your hard work and wonderful application!
Later,

alcahest
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

@Alcahest:
Atm PMP VLC stretches automatically to full screen. In the next version this will be fixed.

PS: thx for the pic, I was just about to watch F1 myself :)
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

Awesome, thanks for the info Jocky :D
Later,

Alcahest
Brad89

Post by Brad89 »

I'm not sure what's wrong. Portable VNC works, Pimpstreamer works..this just won't work. Am I missing something? To stream videos and such, do I need to do anything with the VLC? Or do I just have to load it from that shortcut?
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Brad89 wrote:... Or do I just have to load it from that shortcut?
Yes, and your pc video & music directory names should be in pmp.ini
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

When you launch the program, hold Right trigger and while holding press Select to go to the mode selection screen.
Then the Wifi will be enabled. You will know because the green led on the left side will blink. Then it should work.
Yeah Jocky, it would be handy that a message appears on screen to let the user know that wifi has been enabled when pressing Right trigger.
Later,

Alcahest
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Alcahest wrote:Yeah Jocky, it would be handy that a message appears on screen to let the user know that wifi has been enabled when pressing Right trigger.
Yes it will have that, but not only that ....... playback of AVC streams and files (.mp4 and .avi) is coming right to your PSP guys :)

coming soon ...
chalimac

Post by chalimac »

Adding the code dst=display when streaming an Internet feed manages to stream some windows media video feeds that won't work without this. i.e.

&#58;sout=#transcode&#123;vcodec=DIV3,vb=600,width=360,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2&#125;&#58;duplicate&#123;dst=display,dst=std&#123;access=http,mux=ogg,url=0.0.0.0&#58;1234&#125;&#125;
Great app!
Bob535

Post by Bob535 »

How much do we have to beg for an update?
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

I'll post 0.0.9 tomorrow.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

I'm eager to try your app but RapidShare doesn't work on either bt internet in general or from my behind a router.
Everytime I download, and enter the download key it simply responds 'invalid download seasion' and re-directs me to the first page.
May I suggest filesave? IT's a million times better than rapidshare, and I wouldn't dream of using another file uploader personally.