PMP Mod V1.02 / small mods

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Djakku

exellent mod!

Post by Djakku »

Congratulation for your spendid work, I have a request, If possible could you add the wifi support in order to make it compatible with pimped mod and have streaming capabilities, other than that, if pmp mod is lauchend without PSP\video\dummy.pmp the apps quit automaticly, could you add a message for those who might be confused for their first time using PMPmod.

Again, GREAT piece of work !

ps: if you want me to test your releases for wifi (if you're planning on adding it) feel free to PM me.
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

New official build by Jonny is out!
But yeah i agree with you Djakku, it would be great to have 1 app for all (PMPMOD + PMPSTREAMER) with GUI enhancement from JasonV and all the bell and whistles from the other small mods ;)
Later,

TSR
JasonV

Bugs fixed.

Post by JasonV »

I fixed the sound amplifiying bug and another one that I noticed where it would not automatically move to the next file in the playlist after completing a video.

The files have been re-posted: http://members.shaw.ca/psp_brew.

I'll think about integrating the new version from jonny... ;)
csuper

Post by csuper »

JasonV,

I have tested your new GUI... cool but...
May I ask you where I can find the VIDEO brightlight amplifier... ?

Becareful the new version have this in the basic MOD...

Anyway I'm Happy about your MOD :)

csuper.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Hi guys, I'm finally back on the internet after a friggin' month of waiting for the ISP and telephone company. I'm gladly surprised that there was so much activity in this time and I'm curious to see the newest versions of jonny and also the new MOD version by JasonV.

I'll try to manage my time now for going back to development, I'm still aiming at the old goal.

Greets,
Raphael
jonny

Post by jonny »

hi Raphael, glad to see you!
i was thinking you definitely disappeared :)
be sure to don't miss this hot news too ;)
http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=5820
tanweeho

What's great abt PMF?

Post by tanweeho »

Hi guys, a simple qn: what's so great abt PMF? Before Jonny released his 1st PMP player, we explored PMF in the hope that we can encode and play movies in PSP's full resolution. Now that we have the PMP player (great thanx to Jonny), do we still need the PMF? Furthermore, it seems to me that it is a lot more difficult to encode to PMF due to lack of tools.
digihoe

Re: What's great abt PMF?

Post by digihoe »

tanweeho wrote:Hi guys, a simple qn: what's so great abt PMF? Before Jonny released his 1st PMP player, we explored PMF in the hope that we can encode and play movies in PSP's full resolution. Now that we have the PMP player (great thanx to Jonny), do we still need the PMF? Furthermore, it seems to me that it is a lot more difficult to encode to PMF due to lack of tools.
Well, since it is optimized for the PSP it can play 480*272 @ 180 fps, and that is just great...! Hopefully Jonny and others will find away of taking advantage of that decoding power...
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Hi jonny, glad to see you here again. You did amazing work over the last month,really.
Jup, I just read through the thread and will try around with avc later. This is really THE finding of the year in the homebrew scene I would say. If that gets further developed and can be integrated into PMPMod, it would kick Sony's ass for sure ;)
Hope you're at it already. If I find my way into this maybe I could be some help, too. But first things first, I still have to get back to my old coding and get the font rendering cleaned up so I can start using it for subtitles and the GUI.
I'm still not quite happy with the way I do the parsing, maybe you have a better idea than just reading each line when needed in the pmp_show_thread. I thought about a seperate thread and some kind of ring buffer for 3-5 subtitles, but maybe that's overkill.
jonny

Post by jonny »

If that gets further developed and can be integrated into PMPMod
i'm already modifying the muxer/player ;)
I'm still not quite happy with the way I do the parsing, maybe you have a better idea than just reading each line when needed in the pmp_show_thread
moving the font rendering in the decode thread (pmp_decode_get) is the optimal way, so the process can take more cpu time without producing stuttering (all the resizing/zooming stuffs are done here, so pmp_show_thread can stay really light)
about the parsing, why don't you read the entire sub in memory and preindex it (maybe using a binary tree for fast search)?
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

i'm already modifying the muxer/player ;)
Sounds great, can't wait for it :)
about the parsing, why don't you read the entire sub in memory and preindex it (maybe using a binary tree for fast search)?
I was much too economical about memory to think about that, duh. But you're right, the file access footprint maybe is much more speed critical than little less memory to work with anyway. I'll give it a try. Thanks :)
Alcahest

Re: What's great abt PMF?

Post by Alcahest »

digihoe wrote:Well, since it is optimized for the PSP it can play 480*272 @ 180 fps, and that is just great...! Hopefully Jonny and others will find away of taking advantage of that decoding power...
At 180 FPS ?!? O_o
That seems a bit overkill doesn't it? Or is it a typo? ^^;
Later,

TSR
toker#

Post by toker# »

PMP 2.01 + Mod anyone?
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Hi guys, just wanted to inform you that a new mod to jonnys latest 2.01 is coming hopefully later today or tomorrow, finally introducing subtitle support for your pleasure.
For now only MicroDVD subtitle format will be supported, but I'll add other readers with time.

And there's also one little downside for all who want the GUI back - it won't be there for now, because I'm doing a complete rewrite of the GUI system and use argandonas UI. This will take quite some time though, but a nice GUI will come again :)
therock003

Post by therock003 »

Raphael wrote: And there's also one little downside for all who want the GUI back - it won't be there for now, because I'm doing a complete rewrite of the GUI system and use argandonas UI. This will take quite some time though, but a nice GUI will come again :)
Thank God,i really wanted the argandonna gui from the getgo!