Does PSPSDK run on Linux?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

kingchurch

Does PSPSDK run on Linux?

Post by kingchurch »

as title, thanks.
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

yes, i think it was originally design for linux. cygwin is just to similate unix to run pspsdk.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
jason867

Post by jason867 »

Yes, PSPSDK can be installed on linux platforms. It was designed for linux, which is why windows users must install Cygwin, which sort of 'emulates' linux to a certain degree. Don't ask me how to install it though, I don't know much at all about linux, and I'm actually searching for that answer as well, so if anyone knows, please explain this here or in my thread a little farther down the list.

BTW, I got a new error when I performed the 2nd process of the toolchain script, ./toolchain.sh -d -g. The details are on my thread a little farther down the list, it's titled "How long does ./toolchain.sh take?"

Thanks everyone.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, besides, I'm playing my PSP, tee hee!
------------------------------------------------------
Visit my website for my PSP Homebrew!
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

All the commands in linux will be the same as in cygwin, it's just that you *probably* will have to sign in as root to do the 'make install' because it puts stuff in the /usr/local directory.
Lego of my Ago!
chp

Post by chp »

Or, you just setup $PSPDEV to point somewhere into your own home-directory and comment out the paths in the toolchain-script. No need to install it systemwide.
GE Dominator
breakfastcereal

Post by breakfastcereal »

I'd like to install it on linux as well, but I'm a linux n000b! I've got the toolchain script and am able to execute it, but when I run it I get:

gpatch: command not found
patch: command not found
Please make sure you have 'patch' installed.

I'm assuming I need the extra stuff you would normally need to install with cygwin if I were under windows, but I dont know what the linux equivalents are or where to get them. :/
waza

Post by waza »

full cygwin install for the win =)

Waza
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

breakfastcereal wrote:I'm assuming I need the extra stuff you would normally need to install with cygwin if I were under windows, but I dont know what the linux equivalents are or where to get them. :/
What linux distro do you have?

Red-hat types are going to use RPM's
Debian types will use apt-get
Suse and Mandriva (mandrake) will have *something* easily used.
Gentoo has something like apt, but you use emerge (if i remember correctly).
Lego of my Ago!
sexdwarf

Post by sexdwarf »

Agoln wrote:What linux distro do you have?

Red-hat types are going to use RPM's
Debian types will use apt-get
Suse and Mandriva (mandrake) will have *something* easily used.
Gentoo has something like apt, but you use emerge (if i remember correctly).
if you are referring to automated update tools; redhat style systems that are rpm-able can use yum; and SuSE uses YaST...
...isn't it nice, sugar and spice...
...luring disco dollies to a life of vice...