GU svn?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

JJPeerless

GU svn?

Post by JJPeerless »

in order to start using the GU library I have to install the pspsdk from the svn?

is there a guide anywhere on how to install the pspsdk from the SVN..ive only done it using the psptoolchain/pspsdk beta1.0 using cygwin..

when installing from svn..is it going to be for windows?

can someone explain it please.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

The latest versions of the psptoolchain script grab the latest version of pspsdk from svn automatically. Here's some helpful instructions:

http://wiki.pspdev.org/psp:programming_faq

Once installed, you can update just the pspsdk by typing: './toolchain.sh -p'
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

OMFG this whole Cygwin mess is soooo annoying... Only thing I really care about is to be able to use PSPSDK, not to figure out what's wrong with Cygwin.

Could you guys just make PSPSDK daily build for Cygwin n00bs like myself? :)

Also that programming faq is only helpful to the point that I know what I should install, but in Cygwin there is always option of different versions, so it would be helpful if you specify exactly which version you use to compile PSPSDK.

Anyway I'm stuck here with Cygwin in case someone wants to help...

---------------------------
wget.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

BTW, re-installing doesn't help... LOLz! :)
sexdwarf

Post by sexdwarf »

fatboy wrote:OMFG this whole Cygwin mess is soooo annoying... Only thing I really care about is to be able to use PSPSDK, not to figure out what's wrong with Cygwin.
you need cygwin if you wish to compile under windows...
Could you guys just make PSPSDK daily build for Cygwin n00bs like myself? :)
completely unrelated and uneccesary...
Also that programming faq is only helpful to the point that I know what I should install, but in Cygwin there is always option of different versions, so it would be helpful if you specify exactly which version you use to compile PSPSDK.

Anyway I'm stuck here with Cygwin in case someone wants to help...

wget.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
installing cygwin does not install everything...during the install process you get to a screen where you can add files to install... the only extra file you need is under Internet and is called wget...since you have installed cygwin, simply rerun the installer and add wget, and you will be all set to install the toolchain and pspsdk...

good luck
...isn't it nice, sugar and spice...
...luring disco dollies to a life of vice...