Is it worth while upgrading

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Hoho

Is it worth while upgrading

Post by Hoho »

Maybe a noob question, but now that homebrew works on 1.5, is it worthwhile upgrading my 1.0? Does it bring any aditional features that are worth having?
almazlamaz

Post by almazlamaz »

If I were you I wouldn't do that :)
Danj

Post by Danj »

There's only one reason to upgrade to 1.50, and that's if you want to be able to play a UMD game that requires it. If you're not interested in that, don't upgrade. Not only will it make it so you have to use the exploit to run homebrew, but it will lower the value of your PSP. As a 1.0 owner you could name your own price if you ever decided to sell it.
Dan Jackson
Cogboy

Post by Cogboy »

the only other reason i can think of is the multiple languages, but thats not really a problem for most people.
"the sony PSP was built by god, to determine who on earth had the best skills to defeat the armies of satan" - Saint Peter.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

When you upgrade, does one get to choose how far to upgrade?
It'd suck pretty hard if you went straight to 1.51/2 and never got the chance to get off at 1.5
Damn, I need a decent signature!
HaredX

Post by HaredX »

yes, just download the 1.5 updater from the internet and put it in your UPDATE folder, DO NOT use network update from your PSP settings menu this will take you straight to 1.52
rinco

Post by rinco »

I hear the controls in the video player work in 1.5 (like pause).